Geum Jari

What Do You Know?

Busy morning everyday. My batch just started in this college, that is why everyone is still adjusting to the new environment as we are still not used to it. What's great about college is that we don't have to come here everyday, only on the days when we have our classes. I come here everyday and basically lived in this college, in the dormitories though but I still do come here and that is when I need some alone time to study or jog on the track to freshen my body system.

I love jogging. Well, I am not that athletic but at least I did something to stay healthy. I realised other students did the same thing as well though only about 10 people came down to the track but I prefer it to be that way, so that I can jog calmly without feeling any pressure.

******************

I noticed few familiar faces on the second week. Familiar faces from the people that jogged with me in the morning but this one person was always there. Maybe he is an athlete, looking from his well-sculptured body this morning. I saw his biceps since he was wearing a sleeveless shirt.

I have maths class this morning, followed by chemistry later in the afternoon. I only have spoke to one person in my maths class, that was because I was wondering whether the seat has been taken or not. Everyone is cold to each other, I wonder if I can pull this through on my own. I just need at least one friend that I can talk comfortably with.

Then I saw him.

The guy from the track. I saw him every morning. His seat is not far from me. I can talk to him, I can make friends with him, I can walk up to him. Better yet, I can jog with him every morning! This is good. I like where this is going but he seem so quiet and shy. What if he didn't like the way I approach him? Nah, let's not judge the book from its cover.

Class ends. I packed my things slowly so that it seems natural and I get to bump to him at the right time and start a conversation. Yeah, smart thinking! I then realised he already have a friend. It would seem weird if I went up to him- okay, I think I might kill two birds with one stone. This is even more better! I will just wait until it seems like we are aligned and introduce myself. But then I dropped my pen. I quickly bend down, reach for my pen and stood back up.

Being the joker, I was distracted for only one second that I missed the right timing and he was already gone.

Bummer... Maybe next time.

*******************

"Hey, Jari!"

A familiar voice can be heard as I walked down the dorm hall leading to my room. A smile crept onto my face.

"Min-ah! Hey!" We ran towards each other and wrap our arms around each other's body.

"Even though we go to the same college and live next door in the dorm, it sure is hard to see you! Where were you this morning?!" said Ha Seonmin, my close friend since secondary school but we got separated during high school because her father had to worked out of town for a few months. I hope we will never be separated again.

I laughed off Min's childness before answering her question.

"I went for a morning jog at the track. You should come with me next time," I giggled. And suddenly the guy's face appear in my mind. The guy from the track every morning. Ugh, its so frustrating that I still don't know his name! I can't keep on calling him The-guy-from-the-track-every-morning! Its too long, I even feel tired reciting it. I should think of a code name for him.

The image of his biceps came into my mind. How well defined they are. Like cheetos.

Cheetos! He wouldn't know if I use that code name on him! Haha perfect!

I almost forgot Min is still standing in front of me.

"Are you sick or something Jari-ah? You were smiling on your own. Did you even listen to me just now?" Min's hand clutching her hips, like a mother would do when scolding her child.

"What?! I did?! I'm sorry, what were you saying? Sorry I didn't pay attention!" I rubbed my palms together, in an act of apologising. She chuckled.

"No, I didn't say anything actually," she said with a big smile, grabbing my hands to stop me from rubbing them against each other.

"You look like you have someone in your mind, is it? Come on, go get change first and let's chat all night! You don't have any class tomorrow right?" Min asked, pulling me by my wrist to my room to speed things up.

"No, I don't have class tomorrow but I would like to jog in the morning-"

"No need to jog, your body is pretty like hell! Why do you even bother?! Don't make me look fat next to you!" Min pouted, acted like she is sad about her life.

"Oh please, your body is way better than mine!" I rolled my eyes. We both shook it off and laughed at what we said just now. That was so not us. Me and Min are not those type of girls who fakely compliment each other. But honestly, Min has been doing sit ups and I swear I can feel her 11 pack under her shirt last week.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------

A/N: feel free to comment your thoughts. I will try my best to continue chapter 2 as soon as I can, earliest will be tomorrow because it is actually done but I need to check my spellings and others. Hope you like it! 😊