Moontos

What Do You Know?

Cheetos lend me a water bottle and went to look for a green permission slip to be handed to my Chemistry lecturer. He seem used to doing this thing and I cannot help but ask.

 

"Are you close with the trainer?" I started, making him jump at my sudden question. He placed his right hand on his chest, in an act of calming his racing heart. I chuckled and said sorry afterwards.

 

"Not really. I have been in your position before and our senior told me what was needed to be done," he replied with confidence. His shyness has decreased compared to our first official meet 15 minutes ago.

 

"You were injured too?" I asked another question. I hope he does not find me annoying though. I mean, I am trying to befriend him and with that I have to know some facts about him to officially call him as my friend.

 

"Yeah, my shoelace was untied.. I should have double checked before sprinting," he told me his side of story with his head down, sat in a chair next to me once again, now with a piece of green paper and a pen in his hands. How cute. I just feel like taking him in my pocket right now.

 

"What about you?" He blurted. Me? What about me?

 

"What do you mean?" I replied with another question instead of an answer.

 

"Well, you don't have shoelaces. You are wearing a pair of elastic sport shoes which are still in good condition; no torn soles, no nothing. What caused your fall?" He is too smart for me. Why did he have to ask? It will be crazy weird if I said he was the reason.

 

"Oh. I uh- I was distracted. I-I was looking somewhere else," I managed to blurt. Please don't ask me why I was distracted.

 

"You were looking for someone?" He asked again and he handed me the green paper and the pen for me to fill in my name, group and reason why I cannot make it to the class.

 

"No. I was uh, actually I was thinking about my chemistry," that has got to be the lamest excuse I have ever used. Big-fat-lame-lie I have ever said in my life. And he chuckled at me.

 

"Yeah okay, you are funny," he said while trying to suppress his laughter. I think he know I was lying though. I can feel my cheeks turned red.

 

I looked at his face again. My oh my. That has got to be the most beautiful smile I have ever landed my eyes on. I handed the green paper back to him and placed the pen down on the table. He took the paper and fold it into half, unfold it back and tear it into 2 half papers.

 

"Give this to the Mrs. Oh later, I will give this to your chemistry lecturer," he ordered.

 

"Sorry if I caused you trouble," I said with a low tone. I was thankful and regretful at the same time. We just met and he have already been a huge help to me.

 

"Don't be, Jari-sshi," he addressed me formally. Standing up from his seat and he was about to make his way out of the office but I have to tell him something.

 

"Jongup-sshi," I called out to him and he stopped, turning his back to look at me.

 

"Can I sit next to you tomorrow? I haven't have any friend in maths class and I need one to help me with some questions," my voice faded. Wow. I sure have no shame and went straight to the point. I looked down at my feet, not trying to earn sympathy from him but I actually feel ashamed because I was rushing to ask him and I am prepared for any rejection from him.

 

"Sure," he replied short. He must have feel pressured to answer on the spot but when I look up at him, he flashed me his angelic smile. He meant what he said and I was glad he did. I smiled back at him and bid him goodbye which he waved back at me and left me all alone in the trainer's office. To my surprise, he came back after 5 minutes.

 

"You are still here," he said making me jump as I was about to doze off on the chair because I have nothing better to do. He chuckled at the sight of me dozing off and I instantly widen my eyes, trying to pull myself together.

 

"I figured you are still here. Mrs. Oh is still with Mr. Park," he explained, not waiting for me to ask what he meant. I nodded in reply. I grabbed the water bottle Cheetos- I mean, Jongup lended me just now and took a sip from it. I should start using his real name by now. He is Moon Jongup, not Cheetos. I laughed internally at my own thoughts.

 

"Do you..," he started off and I looked up at him, waiting for him to finish his sentence. Jongup cleared his throat and blinked awkwardly. That did not make me look away but instead I paid full attention to him.

 

"Do you want to grab lunch together?" He managed to finish his sentence. My eyes widen and I smiled from ear to ear, nodding eagerly to his offer. I just realised I am actually hungry too.

 

"Sure! I am starving," I rubbed my stomach, showing how anticipating I am towards his offer. He laughed, inviting me to laugh together and I did. Jongup's laugh then fades and he shot another question.

 

"Do you need help to walk to your dorm?" I dont remember mentioning I lived in the dormitories to him.

 

"How did you know..," I did not finish my sentence. I am sure he knew what I meant. He smiled before answering my question.

 

"I saw you every morning on the track. I know you realised that too. I live in the dorm too and I figured if you could come that early to the track, you must have live near or you simply just live here, like I do," he explained in detail. He did so many thinking, I can tell. I did not even thought that far. That was too much information in one sentence and my jaw actually dropped. He sure is a smart dumbbell.

 

"Are you sure you did not stalk me?" I asked jokingly and we both laughed. He shook his head and continued laughing. When we were done laughing, he stood back on his feet and offered me his hand.

 

"I'll help you walk to the entrance, it won't be long to reach your dorm on your own. I will grab us some sandwiches and meet you again later at the entrance. Is that okay?" He told me his well thought plan and I can't help but nod along.