Official meeting

What Do You Know?

I swear my knee felt weak at the sight of him. I almost stumbled down again but he caught me in time. The female stranger is on my right while Cheetos got my left arm, helping me to walk out of the track. I keep my head low. If it wasn't for this towel to cover my face, I am sure everyone will see my red face right now.

 

"Get the first aid kit," the female said again, maybe to Cheetos.

 

"You can take off your towel now, you are in my office," she said again. She must be a trainer or something. I took off the towel because honestly I do feel suffocated in it. I saw Cheetos in front of me and the trainer started to roll my pants up to my knee.

 

"She only have small scratches on her left knee," the trainer said again.

 

"Okay," Cheetos replied. What a soft voice. He looks so cute like this, acting smart and shy and yet his body shows the opposite side. He looks so gentleman and masculine.

 

What a perfect combination.

 

I heard a finger snapped. My attention darted back to the trainer. I forgot she was here.

 

"Are you hurt anywhere else?" She asked, examining both of my legs and moved on to my palm. I shook my head. And here comes Cheetos! He came prepared with some ointment and few cottons on the metal plate. He handed the metal plate to the trainer and sat next to her. I avoid doing eye contact with Cheetos, I don't want to look like a weirdo.

 

"You do it Jongup, I actually have to meet Mr. Park 5 minutes ago. Take care of her," she said walking out of her room. I can't lie but I am ecstatic finally got to be alone with Cheetos- wait, what was his real name again?

 

He nodded in respond and sat closer to me. He flashed a small smile shyly and started to drop some ointment onto one of the cotton. He sort of asked for my permission to touch my left knee but he didn't say anything. I just nodded and he dabbed the cotton onto my wound and blew on it simultaneously. I can't help but smile. I see this as an opportunity to talk to him.

 

"We're in the same maths class right?" I started the conversation. He paused for a while to look up at me and flashed another small smile and nodded. He seem so quiet, like a man with little words but at least he responded to me.

 

"Geum Jari," I introduced myself and waited for his reply. He paused again to look at me. He haven't say anything but he got up to grab a plaster and pasted it on my wound. He stood in front of me, dusted his hands off as if his hands were full of sand and reached out his hand for me.

 

"Moon Jongup, nice to meet you," I thought he was cold but he still have some sunshine in him. I smiled, grabbed his hand and shook it.

 

"Nice to meet you too- aw!" How silly. I didn't know I hurt my right elbow. Cheetos' face turns worried once again.

 

"Are you hurt somewhere else?" He asked with concern. I nodded slowly and he once again asked for my permission to roll my right sleeve up. I smiled and nodded again.

 

He inspected my right hand up to my forearm and then to my elbow. He saw no wound at all. He looked at me with a question. He must have thought I was lying.

 

"What?" I managed to say, still frowning to the pain I felt on my right arm. He twisted my right arm slowly and I felt the pain going crazy. 

 

"Aw! Ouch!" I screamed. I hate him for a second there.

 

"Sorry," he said almost to himself because I barely heard him. He let go of my arm and went back to the first aid kit.

 

"Sit down first," he ordered. I sat back down and try to look for the wound on my right arm but I couldn't find any. As I fold my arms to look at my elbow, I felt as if a knife was stabbed into my arm. I let out another cry.

 

"Don't move, you sprained your elbow," he came back with another ointment. As he opened the lid, the smell of the ointment filled the whole room.

 

"What is that smell?!" I pinched my nose and I even coughed at the smell. It's not a typical scent you would smell out of an ointment.

 

"This will make you feel better in no time," he closed back the lid after he scooped some with his two fingers and massaged my whole right arm. I blushed as our skin touched again and I looked away.

 

"Do you have class today?" He asked as he massages my elbow with his thumb. It is true, I felt the pain eases sooner than I thought it would.

 

"Yes, chemistry," I replied. He is now massaging my forearm like a professional masseuse.

 

"You are good at this," I smiled at him as he looked up at me when I said that.

 

"Nah, this is just simple biology," he replied, this time with confidence and I did not detect any shyness in his voice.

 

"I will ask Mrs. Oh to give you a permission slip to skip your chemistry class today. You need to rest," he said as he got up and went to wash his hand. He came back with a towel in his hand, wiping his wet hand and placed it back on the table.

 

What am I supposed to do if I have no class today?