Chapter 2

The black pearl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"He's fine, he's just suffering from a temporary lack of oxygen and had a great shock, but he'd wake up soon," the doctor, Changmin, assured.

As Changmin left the room, Baekhyun cried worriedly, “Ahhh Jongdae why did we leave him alone, what if something happens to him!”

Jongdae gave a small frantic nod and darted worrying glances to Kyungsoo's lying figure on the bed, who was looking as if he's sleeping soundly.

"Baek, don't worry, the doctor said he'd wake up soon," Chanyeol said encouragingly while hugging Baekhyun sideways and petting the latter's head that was at his chest. Baekhyun nuzzled into his mate's chest, appreciating the warmth and comfort, while continuing a silent prayer for Kyungsoo in his heart.

Kai looked on disinterestedly and glanced at the doe-eyed boy lying on the bed and was bored, he wanted to go and dance or do something else instead of waiting for someone he didn't even know personally to wake up. Sure, that boy was cute, he had to admit, with the plump lips and doe eyes, but he knew better than to care more than he should for a mere stranger, or to care for anyone else other than EXO for that matter.

As the room delved into a comfortable silence with Kai sitting at the window and gazing outwards, Baekhyun still in Chanyeol's embrace and Jongdae sitting on a chair beside the bed with Minseok by his side, their hands laced together, slight shuffling that would otherwise be undetected by mere humans was heard.

Jongdae's eyes widened, “He's awake! Baek! Soo is awake!”

Baekhyun broke out of Chanyeol's embrace and went to kneel beside the bed, looking at kyungsoo's sleeping figure expectantly.

"Ahhh..." kyungsoo groaned lightly as he cracked his eyes opened, “Baek? Jongdae?”

They chorused together concernedly, “how are you feeling Soo? Are you feeling okay?”

Kyungsoo gave a weak smile and nodded and allowed himself to lie back relaxedly. He allowed his eyes to roam around the room and realised they were not alone, looking questioningly at the other people in the room.

His eyes landed on Chanyeol, thinking inwardly, “That's him! Fireball guy!” The tall lanky guy was staring right at Kyungsoo. “Oh no! Is he going to launch a fireball at me?” He stiffened up as and gulped, and willed himself to look away, shifting his head sideways, to spot Kai.

At the s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter