Chapter 3

The black pearl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ah Seungsoo, isn't our little baby so cute?" Kyung-na cooed at the little boy in her arms, while shaking him back and forth lightly, lulling him to sleep.

Seungsoo looked up from the papers in his hands and nodded firmly, smiling warmly to his wife. He held that smile even as he broke the eye contact with his wife, looking down to gaze lovingly at his child. He relished in the fact that he had such a perfect family, with the best wife and cutest son. The decision to leave the complicated world of wolves to live a peaceful life was one without regrets.

Just then, the doorbell rang.

“Ah, it must be Yunho here.” Seungsoo informed his wife as he made his way to the door.

“Hey hyung, hello hyungsu-nim” Yunho said politely as he stepped in the house. “It’s nice to see both of you after so long, and of course, little Kyungsoo.”

The couple chuckled lightly, but as heartening as it was to see an old friend, he came here for a much more grave matter and the atmosphere quickly turned serious.

“It’s a regret, hyung, but i fear they have found both of you, and most importantly, little Kyungsoo, since there have been little small-scale earthquakes created by him occasionally because he still has no control over a power so strong, the strength of nature. They have eyes everywhere, someone must have seen and told them.”

Kyung-na looked at her husband worriedly, and then down at the ball of happiness in her arms, hugging him tighter, as if he’d disappear if she didn’t hold tight enough. Seungsoo’s shoulders slouched, seemingly carrying the weight of the world, struggling to formulate a response to this piece of information.

The silence was rudely disrupted by a huge bang as the door landed on the floor with a resounding thud. “Hand the child over, and we might spare your lives!” threatened a man with scale-like skin. Looking beyond him, a whole gang of people with red blood eyes stood menacingly.

“Kyung-na, go hide in the emergency room with Kyungsoo! Yunho, follow them and protect them!” Seungsoo bellowed authoritively.

Kyung-na had tears brimmed in her eyes, "but Seungsoo, i can’t leave you… There are so many of them, there’s no way you can…”

“Go! Are you not going to listen to your Alpha?” Seungsoo desperately forced out, eyes never leaving the scaly-skinned man, fearing he’d make a move anytime. He hated to pull the Alpha card, but in times like this, he didn’t have much of a choice.

Kyung-na’s inner omega wailed pathetically as she quickly shuffled towards the emergency room with loud sobs, Yunho following protectively behind them. “Hyung, be careful, don’t worry, i’ll definitely make sure Hyungsu-nim and Kyungsoo stay safe.”

Seungsoo barely spared him a nod before launching himself at the man who made his move forward, wanting to stop the escaping trio. He shifted midair and fought off two other red-eyed who stood in front of scaly-skinned, who seemed like the leader.

Kyung-na half-ran into the bedroom before opening the wardrobe and pressed her fingers on a camouflaged button that one would never find unless he knew its exact location. She stepped in hurriedly in the dimly lit room hidden within the wardrobe and gestured for Yunho to close the wardrobe door and go into the room, before she closed the emergency room door by pressing another button inside the room. There, Kyung-na allowed herself several deep breaths as her lips clenched nervously together, hoping only for her mate to be safe.

Outside, Seungsoo fought valiantly, getting rid of many red-eyed creatures, biting their bodies without a single hesitation, before flinging them off. He was getting tired as seconds pass, the number of enemies seemed to have no end. Then, he felt a sharp pain in his shoulders, one of them landed a scalding claw there.

Kyung-na felt the pain of her mate through their shared bond and she fought off her tears, trying to find comfort in her baby, holding him tightly against her chest. Yunho felt completely helpless, as he stood in the room with no ways of comforting Kyung-na and could only leave his long-time friend to fend for himself outside.

“This is for the greater good,” he convinced himself silently, fighting off the urge to just storm outside and battle alongside his hyung.

As seungsoo pierced his sharp claws into the despicable man who managed to injure him, he managed a pained groan as he continued fighting, losing strength gradually. He knew the claw was laced with deadly poison, but he couldn’t give up. Not now, not ever. Especially not when he still had a loving mate and a precious son waiting for his return.

“Ahh!” Seungsoo let out as he felt electricity coursing through his body.

Back in the room, Kyung-na felt little currents flowing through her body and she knew that her mate was receiving a hundred times the pain she was feeling. Kyungsoo started wailing loudly, probably feeling the currents pulsing as well as his mother’s distress. Kyung-na handed Kyungsoo over to Yunho, not wanting to affect him with the slight electricity as she curled up into a ball. Then, she felt a scorching pain on her stomach. She weeped, not because of the pain, but because she knew through the shared bond with her mate that he is fighting a losing battle.

“Yunho, I...I can’t leave Seungsoo, I already feel the ache in my heart as i feel his life energy slowly fade out of his body. It’s...it’s too pain to handle, too overwhelming. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter