Chapter 6

The black pearl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the midst of lunch, there was someone with shifty eyes and a bursting heart. “I can’t take this anymore!” All eyes at the table turned to the source of the outburst, which was Kyungsoo. “Why are you all called EXO? And why are all of you so popular?”

The table looked at him with enlarged eyes, almost as large as the boy in outburst, before all of them started to burst out in laughter.

“Aw, Kyungsoo, I thought something big happened! You could’ve asked us earlier if you wanted to know!” Chanyeol managed to croak out in between laughters.

Kris shot Kyungsoo an amused smile. I love cute little things! He sighed inwardly, before gathering his composure and answering this ‘cute little owl’, the name Kris secretly calls Kyungsoo in his head.

“EXO is made up of the strongest wolves in the school, which is probably why we are so popular. You haven’t had power mastering lessons yet, but if you had, you’d realise that not all wolves possess powers. Hence, wolves that do are usually more powerful because apart from their ability to shift into an extremely large and ferocious animal, they also have deadly and useful powers. All of us here have powers.” At that sentence, Kyungsoo’s eyes widened in wonder. He wanted to ask what powers they all had, but he knew Kris wasn’t done yet.

Kris chuckled slightly, raising a few brows because Kris does not simply chuckle, before continuing, “Kai was a known powerful wolf in the school, and he didn’t mix with any other wolves until Sehun came along. Maybe it was because they’re both equally cold and heartless.”

“Hey!” Kai and Sehun both protested indignantly.

“And then when i came along, Sehunnie fell head over heels for me, so he had no choice but to let me join them because he couldn’t live without me. I brought in Suho and Kris, who brought in Lay and Tao, who then brought in our resident joker Jongdae and his Minseok hyung and finally both of them brought in Baekhyun and Chanyeol,” Luhan chirped happily, ignoring the offended, “I didn’t fall head over heels over you! You fell for me, literally! Hmph!”

“Yes, yes!” Tao piped in. “Along the way, there were others who wanted to join us, but their personalities didn’t really suit us, so we didn’t really click with them. Plus they only wanted in because of the popularity so that’s a definite no-no!”

Kyungsoo nodded his head in understanding, however he couldn’t help worrying slightly. What if my personality doesn’t fit them as well?

“I guess it can be taken that Baek and Jongdae brought you in, so you’re one of us now!” Minseok added reassuringly, almost as if he knew Kyungsoo’s concealed fear.

Kyungsoo couldn’t help but flash a large heart-shaped smile, insecurity gone. “What about your powers? What are they?”

“Oh let me let me!” Lay started excitedly. “Kris hyung's is flight, Tao’s time, Sehunnie can wield the wind, Lu hyung’s power is telekinesis, Yeol is our walking fireplace, Baek is the shining light, Jongdae’s is lightning, frost for Minseok hyung, Kai can teleport, Suho can control water and I’m a healing unicorn!”

Kyungsoo nodded his head in understanding, trying to process the fact that his friends all had superpowers. He'd like to witness them in action next time! Lunch ended in a blur, with amusing conversations, and endless chatterings, both from EXO’s table and the tables around EXO.

Kyungsoo finally knew why his group of friends were called EXO and why there were so popular in the school. Now, it’s time for Kyungsoo’s first wolf shifting training. I hope I can do it.

When Kyungsoo sauntered his way to the training grounds, he was surprised to see Kai standing there, beside the teacher.

“Hello class, I am Mr. Mong, and this is Kai, my assistant.” The class burst into instant squeals, excited on their good fortune of being able to have Kai as their teacher’s assistant.

Kyungsoo was excited as well, but he was careful on letting it show. It’d be weird if I squeal over my roommate. He was starting to feel lonely without the endless chattering of the beagle line, as they named themselves

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter