Chapter 5

The black pearl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Soo! Come on Soo, wake up! It’s your first day I’m sure you don’t want to be late right!” Baekhyun shouted, seated right on top of Kyungsoo in an attempt to wake him up.

Kyungsoo shuffled, opening his eyes drowsily. “Okay, okay, I’m up Baek, get off me, you’re not exactly light.” He turned and saw an empty space beside him and couldn't help but felt a twinge of disappointment. It felt like i was surrounded by a comforting warmth yesterday… Could it be…? Ah that’s impossible, it must have been the thick blankets.

Baekhyun squawked an indignant “hey!” while Jongdae snickered from the sidelines. When Kyungsoo was finally ready, the trio went down for breakfast together, at the long rectangular table where the rest of EXO was seated. A pleasant-looking man saw Kyungsoo and greeted kindly, “Hello Kyungsoo! I hope you had a nice sleep! I’m Suho! Hey guys, introduce yourself!”

Kyungsoo offered a genuine smile in return and looked expectantly at the dazed man beside Suho.

After a nudge from Suho, said man widened his eyes, “Oh! Hello, I’m Lay! Hehe.” and offered a dimpled smile.

“Hello Kyungsoo! I’m Chanyeol!” Fireball guy introduced himself with a wide grin showing his pearly white teeth. “Soo! Soo! That’s my boyfriend! Isn’t his voice so y!” Baekhyun drooled from beside Kyungsoo and ran forward to Chanyeol to give him a bear hug. The rest of EXO laughed at Baekhyun’s words heartily, before Jongdae started, “My minnie is the cutest and iest! Minnie, introduce yourself so that Soo can see your perfection!”

A boy with chubby cheek seated between two empty seats, probably for Baekhyun beside Chanyeol and Jongdae beside ‘Minnie’, Kyungsoo noted, blushed heavily before shyly beginning, “Hi, I’m Minseok!” Before Kyungsoo could reply, Jongdae ran to Minseok and exclaimed, “Aww Minnie why are you so cuteee! Don’t show them your cuteness or they’d snatch you away from me!”

A few scoffs were heard when a stern voice spoke, “Please, Jongdae, who would snatch your boyfriend when we all have our own? Oh, maybe except Kai. I’m Kris by the way, you met me yesterday, in case you don’t remember.”

“Well, you never know! And yes there's Kai!” Jongdae retorted, sticking out his tongue childishly before going back to hug his precious boyfriend.

“Are we going to continue squabbling or introducing ourselves?” The man whom Kyungsoo thought resembled a panda spoke. “I’m Tao! Oh and I love Gucci!”

Kyungsoo didn’t know what to say to this piece of information and remained speechless, with his eyes wide and expressive as usual. Is he telling me to buy him Gucci?

“Don’t mind him Kyungsoo! You know who I am already! The manly Luhan!”

“Yeah Luhan hyung, if you’re manly no one is not.”

“Hey! Sehunnie!” Luhan seemed affronted, before whining, “You can’t say this of your hyung!”

“Yes Luhan, because pouting makes you look completely manly.” Kyungsoo’s eyes immediately diverted to the voice of the owner. “I’m Kai, you should know already.”

Kyungsoo offered a small, shy nod before continuing to stand awkwardly alone since his best friends left him in favour of their boyfriends. Such betrayers!

Suho, upon sensing Kyungsoo’s discomfort, gestured him to sit at the only empty seat available which was between Kai and him. “Alright let’s start eating! We don't want Kyungsoo to be late on the first day of school!”

The conversation flowed past quite smoothly, with EXO being a noisy bunch as usual and some casual questions directed to Kyungsoo here and there.

When Kyungsoo walked to his classroom with EXO, all the students around, mostly girls but boys were not uncommon either, were screaming by the corridors and shouting crazed “I Love you EXO!” However, Kyungsoo could pick out some “Why is a stranger walking with our EXO?”, “Who’s that bug-eyed boy walking with our precious oppas!”. Kyungsoo could felt his heart sink, and though he also heard several “That new boy is so cute!”, that didn’t stop his dampening mood.

Suddenly, the whole group of them stopped as a girl came forward meekly from the side of the corridors with a box of chocolates and stuttered,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter