Chapter 9

The black pearl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jonginnie, where did you go again? Stop teleporting everywhere!”

A wisp of black smoke appeared together with the 7-year-old boy out of nowhere.

“Hehe, Umma! Play with me!”

“Aigoo, my little cute Jonginnie, didn’t umma tell you it’s dangerous  to teleport around? Did anyone see you?”

“No, umma! I was stealthy, like a ninja!” Little Jongin giggled  and walked forward to hug his favourite person in the world, ‘or is it appa..? Never mind, I love umma and appa both equally!’ Jongin thought, as he took in the lavender scent of his mother. His short stature gave him an advantageous position. When he hugged his umma, he could hear his little dongsaeng in his umma’s tummy!

There was a loud bang as the door collided with the adjacent wall. Jongin looked up in shock, but the momentary fright was replaced by delight.

“Appa!” He gave his gummy smile.

“Jonginnie, yeobo, we need to go! They’re coming! Someone saw Jongin today.”

Jongin looked up in curiosity and though he didn’t really know what was going on, he knew they were in trouble. Umma used to tell him that if anyone saw him teleport, they would be in danger! He felt a surge of worry in his little heart, as he unconsciously pouted and darted nervous glances at his mother and father.

“Yeobo, I already called the rest of the pack here. Later, Jongup will bring you and Jongin to somewhere safe, follow him alright?”

As much as Jongin’s mother didn’t want to agree, she had to, for the sake of their precious Jongin and his little dongsaeng that has yet to be born.  She nodded her head in agreement reluctantly, her eyes glistening with tears.

“Umma, don’t cry, Jonginnie won’t teleport again!” Kai tried to reassure when he saw his beloved mother about to cry, not fully grasping the situation yet. He didn’t know this was the day he was going to lose his family, all at once.

“Alpha, we came here as soon as you notified us.” The second-in-command, Jongup, who was Jongin’s uncle greeted. He and the rest of the pack stormed through the door in hurry.

“Jongup, take Jongin and Seoyeon to where we have agreed on. The rest, let’s prepare to fight. For wolves, for our pack. Make them regret for picking a battle with us.”

Jongin’s father always knew that Jongin’s ability was precious and powerful. As with any other rare and strong ability, danger comes side by side. As much as the mutants abhorred wolves, they knew that having someone with teleportation ability would make their surprise attacks much more successful and effective and with substantial sneak attacks, they would soon be able to achieve their aim of exterminating wolves.

“Ahh, already prepared for us I see, filthy wolves.” The rest of his followers snickered and hollered in response, provocating the wolves.

“Jongin, let’s go!” Jongup held Jongin’s hand as Seoyeon followed behind. There was a pathway at their house that was used for emergency escapes, like this occasion, and that was where the two adults and Jongin were headed to.

The mutants were not stupid. They knew that the Kim pack was extremely strong and capable, few pack members but all with stunning capabilities and power and were loyal to their purebred alpha. Thus, they have already set up a trap.

“Jongup samchon? What are you doing? Why aren’t you letting umma in?” Jongin panicked, upon seeing how his mother was left outside the entrance of the secret pathway with the door shut tightly. For safety purposes, the door could not be reopened from the outside until an hour later, to prevent enemy’s pursuit if they found out about it.

“Jongup! Jongup! What are you doing? Let me in!”

Jongup took Jongin by the hand forcefully and led him further inwards so that he could not hear his mother’s pleas. Jongin tried to struggle, but he was no match for his uncle’s strength.

‘I can teleport! No...but i promised umma I wouldn't do it anymore!’ Jongin was having an internal debate in his mind.

“Jonginnie, listen to Samchon. This is your appa’s instructions. He cannot be too far away from your umma or he can’t fight with full concentration!” Jongup tried to appease the little boy he was holding tightly by the wrist.

“Really?” Little Jongin innocently looked up from his dilemma.

“Yes, of course, why would Samchon lie to you?” Jongup provided a small small and ruffled the tanned boy’s hair.

“Ah, okay! So we just have to go to where appa said and they will meet us there right?” Jongin believed gullibly.

“Yes, so let’s get going!”

With that, the duo made their way to the countryside house Jongup owned.

Back in the house, things were not that peaceful.

“Seoyeon? Seoyeon! Why are you here? Where did Jongup go?”

“He...He betrayed us, he took our Jonginnie and fled!” Seoyeon cried, both for the betrayal of one of their pack members and most importantly, the loss of their precious child.

“W-What?” Jongin’s father bellowed. “Go hide somewhere in the house, it’s dangerous out here. There are too many of them, but maybe if we can stall for one hour, we can get to the pathway.”

Seoyeon agreed, tears still streaming down her face, but she knew she had to stay strong. Jongin is a smart child and he could teleport himself out of danger, after this they’ll find him. For now, she had to protect their precious second child.

Both sides were evenly matched, what the mutants lacked in power, they made up in numbers. However, the Kim pack were a force to be reckoned with, not backing down.

Seoyeon sneaked away towards the empty hallways, making her way to hide in one of the storerooms. She tried to be as stealthy as possible, but that was hard as she was almost due for her second child. Little did she know, she was being followed. The lead

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter