Chapter 1

The black pearl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Soo! Hang out with us after school!" Baekhyun pleaded and Jongdae nodded his head readily.

"Baek, you know I can't, I need to work..." Kyungsoo replied, albeit with some relunctance, it was a long day at school and he wanted nothing more than just sitting down to chill with his best friends.

Glancing towards them, he noticed their pouty faces and quickly added on,"but i'll hang out with you this weekend, promise," and offered a small smile.

Said best friends lightened up immediately and the trio walked out of school, and soon went their separate ways, with Baekhyun and Jongdae going to who-knows-where again. They were a mysterious duo who suddenly approached kyungsoo on the first day of school in class, hands outstretched for a handshake with the mouths shaped in a cat-like Cheshire grin asking if they could be friends. Kyungsoo thought it was weird, but accepted the friendship offer nonetheless with a slight smile, and their friendship only progressed from there, with Baekhyun and Jongdae's quirkiness making up for Kyungsoo's reserved personality. Kyungsoo thought it was weird that they would disappear to nowhere every now and then, only to appear again after a few hours, proclaiming that they missed Kyungsoo but did not question it nonetheless, attributing it to part of his best friends' borderline clingy and protective personalities.

"Ahh...I wonder where they're going to wreck havoc in again," mused Kyungsoo while walking to his part-time job, a coffee-specialising cafe.

Stepping in to the cafe, Kyungsoo changed into his uniform and promptly started work, losing himself in the drone of coffee blending in the background, chatterings of their customers and the aromatic smell of the coffee beans.

It was 11pm, later than the time Kyungsoo usually ended work, but he had no qualms about it, the owner was a nice man who doted on Kyungsoo, and was a fri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter