Douze.

Grand Pas de Deux

12.

When Jongin wakes up in the morning, he’s almost surprised to find that he’s wrapped up in an unfamiliar blanket in an unfamiliar room until he blinks the sleep from his eyes. When everything slowly comes into focus, he giggles giddily with a stupid lopsided grin on his face, because he knows this room. It’s Yixing’s bedroom and he’s suddenly never been happier in his life.

“Hyung!” He calls out after jumping out of the bed and looking down the hall past the bedroom door.

“Jongin?” Yixing turns the corner from the kitchen and peers down the hallway at a sleepy Jongin standing in his boxers, hair dishevelled and one of Yixing’s shirts clinging to his body, “Are you okay?”

Jongin’s smile somehow widens as he runs down the hall on tiptoes so that he can throw his arms around Yixing. Yixing startles and stumbles back, but he catches himself before they fall and wraps his arms around Jongin’s middle. The shock erases from his face and is replaced with a grin matching the one on Jongin’s lips as he breathes in the smell of Jongin and fresh linen sheets. He tightens the grip and squishes Jongin against him as the younger begins to chuckle in his ear.

The words ‘I’m fine, hyung’ go unspoken, but Jongin figures that Yixing doesn’t need to hear them to know that.

“I made breakfast,” Yixing manages to say between the little kisses that Jongin keeps pecking against his lips.

Jongin laughs and kisses Yixing properly then, slotting their lips together, like he can’t get enough. Because he can’t get enough. He’ll never have enough of Yixing.

“You did?” He hums as he takes Yixing’s hand in his own and he tangles their fingers together.

“I did,” Yixing giggles, cheeks a little pink as he leads Jongin to the kitchen, “I hope you like crêpes.”

Jongin’s mouth waters at the sight of crisp, circular pastries rolled and filled with fresh, sliced strawberries that practically sparkle with the sugar that melts over it in the form of white, whipped cream. He swallows hard, because honestly this breakfast looks like it’s straight out of a cookbook or perhaps from France itself. The eagerness in his body does not go unnoticed by Yixing who laughs when Jongin fumbles with a fork and tries quickly to seat himself at the counter on one of the barstools.

“Not yet, silly,” Yixing says before Jongin can get his fork near the plate and the younger almost whines, but he settles for a pout.

“Why not?”

Yixing laughs and picks up a small saucière of melted, creamy chocolate before pouring a generous amount over the icing sugar powdered atop the pastries. Jongin gulps as he watches the liquid pouring out and Yixing moves his hand expertly, swirling a pattern across the warm golden surface.

“Hyung,” Jongin says just above a whisper, “You’re spoiling me.”

Yixing smiles shyly at Jongin, the blush on his cheeks much more prominent now, as he swipes his finger across the lip of the saucière to catch the chocolate dripping down the side, “I can’t help it.” He says before the chocolate off of his finger.

Jongin smiles back, “I don’t deserve this, I should be doing things like this for you.” he sighs.

Yixing barely rolls his eyes as he picks up his own fork and the crunching sound that the pastry makes as the side of the fork breaks into it is so satisfying to them both, “Eat.” he says as he holds out his fork with a small piece of the crêpe sitting on it, drizzled in chocolate and absolutely tempting.

Jongin parts his lips and lets Yixing feed him. The bliss hits Jongin the second that the food touches his tongue and he makes an automatic, pleased noise in the back of his throat as it practically melts in his mouth. The pastry has just enough crunch and it’s warmth is a wonderful contrast to the cold strawberries inside that make it just that much sweeter. It’s better than anything he’s ever eaten in his life and he reaches with his own fork to take another piece.

“So good,” Jongin says dreamily as he goes for another bite.

“You said that last night too,” Yixing blushes as he picks up his coffee and takes a timid sip.

Jongin’s entire face flushes and he swallows the food down hard, “Y-Yeah,” he stutters at the memories of Yixing’s hands on him and the words he kept uttering - ‘please, hyung, don’t stop. Feels so good. You make me feel so good.’ - “That was good too.”

Yixing’s face suddenly matches the bright red of the strawberries falling from the pastries, “You were good too, Jongin-ah.” he whispers, “Maybe next time we could-” he pauses and looks down into his cup, “You know.”

“Okay,” Jongin chokes out as he reaches across the countertop to rest his hand on top of Yixing’s, who shivers at the touch, “I’d love to, with you, hyung.”

“Really?” Yixing whispers as he raises his gaze so that he’s looking into Jongin’s eyes, “You and I…”

Jongin smiles shyly and nods his head, “We’re boyfriends now.”

Boyfriends.” Yixing repeats with a similar shy smile forming on his own lips.

“Actual boyfriends this time,” Jongin teases.

Yixing laughs then, “I’ll have to think about it.”

“Oh?” Jongin mock pouts and takes up his fork again, “Let me know when you figure it out. If you need me, I’ll be drowning myself in your delicious cooking.”

“It’s not that great,” Yixing says sheepishly as he scratches at the back of his neck.

“Don’t even start,” Jongin laughs, “It’s amazing, hyung, honestly.”

“Mm,” Yixing hums, “Whatever you say, boyfriend.”

The second the word leaves Yixing’s lips, Jongin’s smile grows so wide that Yixing can’t help but smile back. He barely registers that Jongin jumps off of his stool and rounds the other side of the counter so he can embrace Yixing from behind. Instead of startling, Yixing grins and places his coffee down before he turns in Jongin’s arms so that they’re face to face.

“I love you.” Jongin says as his arms wrap even more snuggly around Yixing’s waist.

“I love you too.” Yixing replies as he wraps his own arms around Jongin’s neck.

Then they kiss each other, light and sweet, while they let their bodies press together, longing to have the other closer and closer, because, in this moment, they are meant to be.

❦❦❦

Cold December air greets them as they pad out onto the snow covered ground, leaving two pairs of footprints in step with each other behind them. Jongin links his fingers with Yixing’s and they hold each other’s hands tucked away in Jongin’s jacket pocket. Yixing blushes, cheeks a rosy red to match the colour of the scarf around his neck and he just looks so cute. Jongin can’t help it when he kisses his cheek, making Yixing’s face flush even more as they walk hand-in-hand down the street. It makes Jongin smile.

Snowflakes fall from above, slow at first, as they drift down slowly and land amongst the strands of Jongin’s and Yixing’s dark hair. Yixing laughs when Jongin fails to catch a snowflake on his tongue as the snow starts to come down just a little more, the snowflakes starting to fall in clumps. Jongin laughs too, because he’s happy. And Yixing is happy. Despite the frosty weather, there’s nothing more that they could say or do in that moment that would make them feel any warmer than they both do right now.

“What do you think they’ll say?” Jongin asks, feeling slightly nervous the closer they get to the familiar cafe.

Yixing squeezes Jongin’s hand reassuringly, “Minseok will be happy, I think.”

“He’s not really my main worry…” Jongin sighs as they walk down the street and finally spot the small coffee shop, bustling with a crowd on a Saturday afternoon, “It’s Luhan I’m worried about it.”

“It might take him a while to warm up to the idea,” Yixing says, but he smiles, “Don’t worry. If I’m happy, then he’ll be happy for me.”

Jongin nods, “I’m just nervous.” he says sheepishly.

Yixing has to agree though, because he’s nervous too for no real reason except for the fact that he’s anxious about what his friends will say. He knows they will be happy, he’s positive that they were both secretly encouraging this relationship from the beginning anyway. What Yixing is really nervous about, he figures, is actually holding Jongin’s hand. For the first time, he’s afraid that he might be dreaming, because it feels so real and he doesn’t want to wake up.

As if Jongin could read his mind, as if he could hear his innermost thoughts, he leans over and kisses Yixing. It’s chaste, soft and warm and it makes Yixing a little dazy. Jongin smile against his lips, his breath is warm on Yixing’s skin and they both shiver at the touch. It’s Yixing who smiles then, his heart fluttering in his chest the same way it did when he first saw Jongin at the audition and he knows now just how real all of this is.

“I still can’t believe it,” Jongin sighs in content as he pulls Yixing in for a hug.

“Can’t believe what?” Yixing asks as he snuggles against Jongin closer.

“You,” Jongin replies as he buries his face into Yixing’s neck, “With me.”

Yixing chuckles and threads his fingers through Jongin’s messy hair, “Feels like a dream.”

“It does, hyung,” Jongin says and he takes a step back just slightly so he can look into Yixing’s eyes, “But if this is a dream, I hope I never wake up.”

Yixing can barely stop himself from laughing lightly at the words and Jongin makes a confused face.

“What it is, hyung?”

“Nothing, it’s just-” Yixing shakes his head, a wide smile on his face, “I was just thinking the same thing.”

Jongin laughs too, “I’m glad it’s not though,”

“Me too.” Yixing smiles and takes Jongin straight into Minseok’s coffee shop.

It’s nearing Christmas Day and so Minseok’s little shop is crowded with people looking for gift cards and desserts to bring to their homes for Christmas dinner. That’s why Minseok doesn’t notice that Yixing and Jongin have entered the building, let alone that they’re holding hands. Luhan is supposed to meet them there too, but it’s hard to pick him out amongst the throngs of last-minute shoppers. Jongin squeezes Yixing’s hand as they find themselves in the lineup for coffee.

The line, despite being nearly out the door, moves rather quickly. With Minseok making coffees and Chanyeol doing his best to keep up with boxing desserts and serve drinks, it’s a smooth line. Yixing watches as Baekhyun desperately tries to clean off the tables - he looks like he could use help though, especially when he almost trips over his own two feet. That’s why, when Yixing and Jongin reach the counter, Yixing offers his assistance.

“Oh gosh, Yixing, you don’t have to do something like that-” Minseok starts, but Yixing insists.

“Consider it an early Christmas gift.” Yixing says as he slips behind the counter and Chanyeol is more than willing to offer up one of his extra work aprons.

“I’ll help too. I can call in a few favours from friends if you need more people.” Jongin offers as Chanyeol slips into the back room to find another apron for him.

“You guys are like my Christmas miracle.” Minseok sighs happily when they start shuffling amongst the crowds with cloths and trays to bus tables.

When Luhan finally arrives, he’s quick to start working too. Minseok has him starting on serving and brings Baekhyun back behind the counter for reinforcements. It’s almost two hours later when Minseok closes his shop for the afternoon and collapses across the sofa against the back wall beneath framed newspaper clippings and decals of coffee-related words. Luhan slumps down next to him on the arm of the sofa and runs his fingers through his hair with a tired sigh.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol are the first to leave, fingers intertwined and Minseok does not miss the way they kiss just outside the door. He vows to tease them about their relationship when A) he’s not too tired to do so and B) they’re both working at the same time. Tomorrow, he realizes, tomorrow they’ll be back again and so will all of those customers. He almost cringes at the thought and instead curls into Luhan’s arm that dangles over the side and Luhan instantly blushes.

Yixing comes out from the back room with a grin on his face and he looks as if he hadn’t just filled in for a random shift and worked his off for about two hours. Luhan watches him with a half-glare, because Yixing has all the energy he wishes he could have too. The glare, however, fades instantly and is replaced by a look of complete shock when Yixing smiles at Jongin shyly and they kiss. And it’s not just a peck, it’s a full kiss where Jongin curls fingers into Yixing’s hair to pull him closer and Yixing wraps his arms around Jongin’s waist. If Luhan weren’t so shocked, he’d think that he were developing the traits of a voyeur - an absurd thought on his own part.

“Y-Yixing,” Luhan gasps and Minseok opens his eyes to see what the big kerfuffle is when he sees it too.

“Jongin and Yixing!” Minseok exclaims in excitement and that makes the two boys pull apart in embarrassment and with red cheeks, “When did you to start… kissing?” He muses.

Yixing coughs awkwardly and rubs the back of his neck sheepishly, “Friday night…?” he offers as an answer, “Jongin and I are sort of…”

“Boyfriends,” Jongin finishes with a shy smile, hand finding Yixing’s easily, “We’re boyfriends.”

Luhan blinks slowly as he processes before he breaks out into a gummy smile, “Finally!”

“That’s what I’m saying,” Minseok laughs and sits up on the sofa, “We’ve been waiting for you to two to confess your love to each other.”

“I guess this means that we’ll be seeing Jongin at the New Years party?” Luhan asks with a mischievous twinkle in his eyes and Yixing nods his head.

“Of course,” Yixing smiles and Jongin smiles too, because Yixing’s smile is beautiful.

Hi everyone! Just a short update in time for Christmas ^^ I've been so busy that I haven't had the chance to focus much on writing! (which is surprising, I expected to be free to write during my holidays ;;;) Anyway, even though it's only small, I hope that you will enjoy the update ~ Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you! ♡♡♡ Also, as a bit of a gift, please enjoy the following XiuHan one-shot:


Perchance to Love

London, England. December 24, 1861. Christmas Eve.

They met, fell in love, and said farewell.

❆❆❆

Word Count: ~12,600
Rating: 14A
Warnings: inexplicit ual content, mentions of death/suicide, slight homophobia