Chapter 9

Right Beside You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

           “I’m sorry, hyung, but I can’t. I’m going to Mingyu’s for a project.” Jungkook answered. It was always the same answer the younger gave him every time he asked to hang out. It was always Mingyu this, Mingyu that and honestly, Taehyung is fed up with it. Ever since the break ended, Jungkook had been busy with school and hanging out with this so-called ‘Mingyu’ that he never had time to spend with Taehyung or any of his friends for that matter.

 

          Christmas and New Year had been fun since he got to spend it with his friends and family. Baekhyun, Daehyun and Taehyung spent Christmas at the Jeon’s as it had always been ever since while on New Year they had a huge party with all their friends. It was fun having to finally take his mind off of Jiyeon’s death for once.

 

          But as much as he had fun during the break despite losing someone so close to him, he also was confused. He doesn’t know why that ever since that night during their ‘get together’ his heart beats faster than normal every time he’s with the raven-haired boy. He knew what those signs meant, but he didn’t know why it suddenly happened.

 

          He’s confused as to why it acted that way when he knew the younger for a long time. He was shameless – everyone knew that – but he suddenly felt conscious of his actions whenever the younger is around. They usually don’t mind skinship of some sort, but every time the younger got in his personal space, he feels … disturbed. And all those is making the older go nuts because I am ing straight, damn it.

 

          “Oh, alright. Bye” He replied weakly before hanging up the phone. He sighed loudly as he laid upside down on his bed, his head on the floor. Daehyun happened to pass by brunette’s opened door and saw the state his brother was in.

 

          “Are you finally crazy?” Daehyun asked his brother as soon as he got close as he crouched down and tilted his head in confusion. “Oh no wait, you already are!” The older continued before laughing at his own joke because Damn, I’m so funny.

 

          “Hyuuuuung!” The younger whined as he struggled sit back up. Daehyun offered help to which Taehyung gladly accepted. They both sat on the younger’s bed, the brunette sitting cross-legged at the middle. “Hyung, I’m bored.” He told his brother.

 

          The older looked as his brother weirdly not believing that THE KIM TAEHYUNG is finally bored but suddenly remembering that his younger brother was human (probably not) so of course he gets bored. “Why don’t you hang out with Jungkook then?” He asks. Daehyun was more weirded out when he saw his brother frown at the statement. Hmm, well that’s a first, Taehyung frowning at the mention of Jungkook.

 

          “He’s out with Mingyu.” Taehyung grumbled. Something seemed to click in the older’s mind which made him say, “Oohh, someone’s jealous~” teasingly. The younger pushed his brother’s hand that was poking him, “No I’m not!” he retorted.

 

          Daehyun, still trying to tease his brother, continued to poke him. “Are you sure?” He asked. “Of course I am! I’m straight, hyung! Why would I be jealous anyways?” He said, sounding really defensive, as he continued to swat his brother’s hand away.

 

          “Straight? Dude, you’re gayer than me and I’m dating Youngjae.” Daehyun exclaimed as he finally stopped poking the younger. “Hyung, I dated girls!” The brunette said, laying on his bed, the older following soon after.

 

          “So what? I dated girls too, but look where it lead me. Look Tae, it doesn’t matter what gender that person is, as long as your heart starts beating abnormally – unless you have an illness or something – then that’s it, date him/her. It’s not like you’re getting married or anything, it’s just dating. Dating is always trial and error, you’ll never know if that person is finally it unless you try. Don’t limit yourself to one option. The world is huge, explore it, figure things out.” Daehyun said.

 

          “Wow hyung, never thought you could give speeches like those. But what’s up with the world part?” The younger asked, giggling. “I ran out of words of wisdom okay?” The older exclaimed as he smacked the younger’s forehead to which earned an ‘ouch’ from the latter.

 

          “No but seriously, hyung. I think it’s weird; dating guys and all.” Taehyung said honestly. There was a pause before Daehyun let out a sigh before saying, “Do you think I’m weird?” “No, of course not.” The younger replied almost immediately. He could never t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter