Chapter 8

Right Beside You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          After giving Taehyung medicine for his hangover, they decided to just chill on the couch. “My head really hurts” the older said as he held onto his head attempting to massage it. “And whose fault is it?” the younger retorted as he scooted closer to the brunette and took the older’s hand away from his head before taking over the hands that were massaging the older’s head a few seconds ago.

 

          Taehyung sighed and leaned closer to Jungkook. “I’m sorry okay? I was stupid—“ “AM stupid” “Okay, I AM stupid.” “Good.” Soon, the two were enveloped in a comfortable silence, Jungkook continuing to massage the brunette’s head while the older was slowly drifting back to sleep.

 

          Jungkook nudged the older “Hyung? Are you sleeping?” he softly asked to which earned a mumble  “Yes” before the older turned around to continue to sleep. The younger continued to shake the brunette awake “Hyuung, the others are going to come over tonight and I don’t have food yet! We need to prepare! Help Meee!” Jungkook whined as he continued to shake the older.

 

          The older mumbled something before stretching his hands, almost hitting Jungkook in the process. He opened one eye as he yawned. “I’m sleepy, Kookie” he told the younger as he rubbed the sleep off his eyes. “Please, hyung?” Jungkook pleaded to which earned a hum of agreement from the older.

 

          After they took a bath (separately), they took their coats and scarfs before heading out. They decided to walk towards the grocery store which was just a block away from the Jeon’s residence. They talked about anything on their way. Jungkook’s happy watching his hyung talk animatedly as his box smile is plastered on his face. At least he’s slowly turning back to his old self.

 

          When they arrived at the store, Jungkook got the grocery cart while Taehyung was just following him. “So what are we buying?” Taehyung asks as he sneakily slips himself inside the cart while Jungkook wasn’t looking. “Food and other things, you know how fast they consume food. Especially Namjoon-hyung” Jungkook replied, too busy trying to choose whether he should buy the Microwavable popcorn or the cheese balls to notice Taehyung.

 

          “Hyung should we buy the microwavable popcorn or the cheese – What the hell Kim Taehyung?” Jungkook was supposed to ask Taehyung which one to buy, turning to face the older. And when he did, he saw his hyung already sitting comfortably inside the grocery cart.

 

          “Just choose both, Kookie” the brunette replied to the first question, choosing to ignore the latter, as he tried to get both food from the younger’s hold. “You did not answer me, what the hell Kim Taehyung?” Jungkook said as he slapped the older’s hands, choosing to aggressively dump both food on the older’s stomach, smirking when he heard the older’s groan of pain.

 

          “I’m sleepy, okay? You woke me up. So your punishment is to push this cart while I sleep in peace.” Taehyung replied as he stubbornly crossed his arms over his chest and closed his eyes. Jungkook could only sigh at his hyung’s antics and began pushing the cart. Noticing the cart moving, the brunette opened one eye and saw Jungkook pushing it as the younger continued to pick the groceries. The older grinned triumphantly before closing his eyes. Jungkook noticed this and scoffed disbelievingly at the older before letting out a smile of his own.

 

          Jungkook decided that he picked enough food for tonight when he heard Taehyung groan about how heavy everything is. The food he picked were all over the older as it filled up the whole cart. The younger went to the cashier and was happy to see that it was his friend, Eunji.

 

          “Oh, hi Jungkook.” She greeted as she punched in Jungkook’s groceries in the cash register. Jungkook greeted her back. After she finished with all of the younger’s groceries, she noticed the somehow “sleeping” male inside the cart.

 

          “I’m sorry Kook, but I don’t think we sell sleeping humans before. I don’t think he has a tag.” She stated playfully, winking at Jungkook. The younger could only laugh and reply, “Oh don’t worry, I don’t think I’ll be buying it after all. I’ll just leave it here, okay? I’ll be going. Bye.”

 

          At Jungkook’s reply, Taehyung immediately opened his eyes and tried to scramble out of the cart, almost falling face flat on the ground in the process. “Don’t leave me here with these people, Kookie!” the older exclaimed as he ran after the laughing boy.

 

          “How could you?” Taehyung asked disbelievingly at the younger glaring at him when he managed to catch up. The raven-haired boy could only laugh and reply a “What?” “You almost left me out there to die. And you called me an ‘IT.’ I am a human being I am not supposed to be called an ‘IT’” the older explained, flailing his arms.

 

          “I did not call you an ‘it’” Jungkook argued, still giggling. “You did! You said I don’t think I’ll be buying ‘IT’ after all and I’ll just leave ‘IT’ here, okay?” Taehyung stated, stressing the word ‘it’ as he glared at the younger.

 

          The raven-haired boy could only laugh at his hyung before saying, “Okay, I’m sorry for calling you an ‘it’, come on, let’s go home.” Before holding his hyung’s hand and pulling him towards the direction of their house.

 

 

          “Hyung, do you know how to cook?” Jungkook asked as they both stared at the ingredients they bought. “You knew what happened the last time I tried to cook.” The brunette answered, cringing at the thought of that dreadful day.

 

          The younger decided to not ask further as he too knew what happened then. He had just arrived from school, trying to visit the older as he was sick that time. When he entered the house, a puff of smoke welcomed him and a screaming Taehyung at the far end of the house. After they managed to extinguish the growing fire, they agreed never to talk about it again.

 

          “This won’t be too hard.” Jungkook’s statement seemed confident, but his tone says otherwise. Knowing what happens when the other cooks, he isn’t too sure about what will happen to their kitchen. He pulled out his phone and opened the recipe for ‘Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies’ he recently saved.

 

          They both set up the ingredients on the kitchen counter and Jungkook told Taehyung what he can and cannot do. “Hyung, do you at least know how to crack an egg?” The younger asked as he tried mixing the batter for the Red Velvet Brownie at the bottom.

 

          “I’ll try.” The older answered as he got hold of two eggs. Taking out a smaller bowl, he positioned the eggs at the side. “One, two… three” he counted before smashing the egg at the side of the bowl and the mixture of the shell and contents of the egg went right into the bowl.

 

          J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter