Chapter 3

Right Beside You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     Their classes ended and now their circle of friends decided to hang out in front of the school. They were just chatting about almost anything. Jungkook’s eyes wandered to Taehyung who was now walking away from where they were. He immediately stood up and faced his friends. “Hyungs, I’m going, okay? See you tomorrow.” He said and waved as he dashed off to follow Taehyung.

 

     “Hyung! Wait!” The younger called out and ran to catch up on his hyung. The older didn’t stop though. When Jungkook did reach the brunette, he heard the older ask. “Why are you even following me, Jungkook? I want to be alone, go back to the hyungs”

 

     Jungkook huffed and placed his arms over his chest. “I’m going home and since your house is only across the road from mine, I’m going with you.” Taehyung could only scoff at the other’s reply. “What if I’m not going home then, huh?” the older stated. “Then I’m going to have to drag you home, hyung.”

 

     Taehyung groaned but decided not to say anything and continued walking. When the older turned his back, Jungkook’s smile fell and a tear fell from his eye. He wiped it harshly before taking a deep breath and smiled as if nothing happened. I have to be strong.

 

     The younger boy continued talking to his hyung even if he knew that the older never did listen and would just nod or let out a small “Oh” to the younger. He was sad, yes, but he needed to be patient since he knew how the recent incident affected the brunette.

 

     They reached the front of Taehyung’s house. The younger was confused as to why Taehyung was staring at the road when the thought suddenly hit him. He too stared at the road wondering. He looked back up to the older whose back was already facing him and was heading to his own house. Jungkook didn’t bother calling him and went to his own house.

 

     Taehyung entered his house and heaved a deep sigh as he dropped his bag on the floor. “Oh Taehyung-ah, you’re home?” his older brother, Baekhyun, called out when he heard the noise. The brunette did not bother answer and immediately went up to his room.

 

     He plopped down on his bed and stared at the ceiling. Why did you have to go? Why did you have to leave me? We used to be happy Jiyeon-ah, why? –

 

     “Hyung! I want you to meet somebody very important to me” Jungkook, his bestfriend, called out. The older laughed and trapped his dongsaeng in a headlock and ruffled his hair “You’re gonna let me meet your girlfriend?” The older asked teasingly.

 

     “Aniii~” the younger whined as he tried to pry Taehyung’s hands off him. The older complied and let go of him and smiled his signature boxy smile. “Okay then who?” the older asked, clearly excited. Jungkook looked behind the older’s back and signaled someone to come closer. Taehyung looked back and it was as if his heart stopped beating.

 

     He openly stared at the girl going near them until she reached the place beside Jungkook. “Hyung, I’d like you to meet my twin sister, Jeon Jiyeon” Jungkook said. The older could only nod, eyes still fixated on Jiyeon. ‘Jiyeon, what a lovely name’ he thought.

 

     “Hyung! Stop staring you’re freaking her out” Jungkook called out and Taehyung lightly shook his head and offered his hand “Kim Taehyung, nice to meet you Jiyeon-ssi.” Jiyeon giggled and he noticed the slight shade of pink on her cheeks ‘cute’ he thought. Jiyeon accepted his hand and “Nice to meet you too Taehyung-ssi, but you could drop the ‘ssi’ just call me Jiyeon” she said and beamed cutely at him. “Call me oppa then.” He said and showed her his boxy smile. “ne oppa”

 

     After that day, he knew he had to get her. It was not love at first sight, but he knew he was attracted to her when he first met her. He got closer to her and found out that she was very charming, he found out that the girly, prim and proper girl he saw that day of their first meeting was nowhere near this hyperactive girl he’s close with right now.

 

     He spent so much time with her that he even neglected his bestfriends. He would often see Jungkook stare at him for too long when he’s with Jiyeon and he just assumed that he was a protective brother. They were pretty close as what he knew and now he’s stealing his sister’s attention away from him, he knew he had to apologize. He still is her brother after all.

 

     He and Jungkook were alone and he knew that this was the time to tell him. “Jungkook-ah” he called out. The younger faced him and asked, “Ne hyung.” Taehyung sighed before continuing, “I know that you’ve noticed how close I am being with your sister, and I apologize for that, I’m sorry for taking her time and have lessened the time you spend with her knowing how close you are. It’s just that – “ he paused not knowing how to continue and ruffled his hair at the process before star

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter