Chapter 1

Right Beside You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            The hospital doors flew open and Taehyung rushed inside with a bloody body in his hand. The moment he set foot on the hospital, the nurses immediately assisted him and took the body away from his arms and placed it on the hospital bed. They were running towards the Emergency Room knowing how crucial her situation was. He looked at her in the eye and said “I love you” thinking it were his last. Even though it hurts, this might be the last time I’ll see her and talk to her again. He thought.

 

           “O-oppa” she said in a soft whisper but loud enough for the other to hear. The older looked at her and she opened again to speak. “F-forget about me” she said with difficulty “P-please forget me.” The other could only look at her in disbelief. Why did she want me to forget her? I can’t. I won’t! He thought. “G-goodbye Kim T-taehyung” she said as a tear fell from her eyes.

 

            “No Jiyeon-ah! You’re not leaving me. Promise me Jiyeon, promise me that you won’t leave” Taehyung said as he was holding her hand tightly while a bucket of tears were falling through his eyes. “I promise.” She said before she was rushed inside the Emergency Room. He tried to follow but the nurse prohibited him from doing so.

 

             He tried to let go of their grip that even the guards tried to stop him. He wanted to follow. He wanted to be by her side always. He lost hope since he just couldn’t get pass them. Taehyung shouted in frustration and slumped on the floor; he covered his eyes and cried. He didn’t care how all the people were looking at him. He didn’t care whether they saw him being weak or not, he just can’t lose Jiyeon like that.

 

            Amidst everything, a boy was at the back watching the heartbreaking scene before him. The one you love crying for the one he loves. He knew loving Taehyung was hard, besides him being straight, he’s his sister’s boyfriend. And now Jungkook hates himself. He hates himself for thinking that this might just be the moment for him to have Taehyung. He hates himself for taking his sister’s condition as an opportunity to get the one he loves. He doesn’t hate his twin, not at all. In fact he’s breaking down right now, he can’t imagine life without his twin sister whom he grew up with. They were inseparable despite their gender. But now – he just doesn’t know what to do anymore.

 

           Minutes passed when people came rushing in speaking in panicked voices that were all too familiar. Both boys knew that their friends just arrived.

 

          “OHMYGOD LOOK!” Jin shouted and pointed at the slumped figure beside the Emergency Room.

 

           Taehyung felt a hand on his shoulder “Taehyung-ah, please stand up. Jiyeon will be alright. She’s strong right?” Namjoon said, looking at the younger with eyes full of worry. The brunette could only nod. He knew that Jiyeon is strong, she really is but that didn’t mean strong people don’t have weaknesses.

 

           Two hands helped the brunette stand and fortunately he didn’t object instead his head was still looking down. He just can’t see them right now, he feels so weak, so helpless. He dared to slowly look up and immediately regretted it. The moment he lifted his head, he saw Jungkook. The younger looked pale and tears were still streaming down his face. Everyone knew that what they felt right now is nowhere near what the youngest felt. They locked their gazes as if sympathizing each other with their looks.

 

           Both their gazes transferred to the door of the ER when the doctor came out. Taehyung immediately stood and made his way towards the doctor, Jungkook following close behind. “Are the parents of the patient present?” the doctor asked. Jungkook was about to answer but was stopped when his parents entered the hospital.

 

           “We’re here doc.” Mrs. Jeon answered. The doctor told them he needed to tell them something about the patient’s condition in private. Mr. and Mrs. Jeon nodded and walked towards the doctor’s office with Jungkook following them hoping to know further about his sister’s condition. Before he was able to get inside, his father blocked his way.

 

            “Dad? I’m going in. Move” he said a little too aggressively. He was tired and he hasn’t eaten since due to the accident and he just wanted to know what happened to his sister. “I’m sorry Jungkook-ah but I can’t let you in.”

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter