Chapter 5

Right Beside You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two updates today, go check Chapter 4 if you haven't read it yet.

 

          “Aren’t you gonna talk to him?” Jimin asks Jungkook one day. A month had pass since the day Taehyung pushed him away and since then, they never talked. Taehyung did quit the basketball team and since they weren’t classmates due to the fact that both Taehyung and Jimin are 2 years older than him, they never got the chance.

 

          Jimin and Jungkook were at the library when Jimin asked the question. “No hyung” Jungkook answers as he writes on his notebook the notes he missed. “Why?” the older asked as he secretly ate his food, not wanting the librarian to see. “I know when to stop, he pushed me away so many times but that day was by far the worst. I’m not stupid enough to continue to talk to him after what he said. But you know what’s funny? After everything he said, I don’t hate him.” The younger bitterly laughs at his statement trying to lighten the mood when he saw Jimin’s face darken.

 

           “He shouldn’t have said that, you know?” the shorter said, his face stoic. “I know.” Jungkook answers. “It’s not your fault that you look like her, Jungkook-ah. You two are twins for God’s sake.” Jimin continues, clearly annoyed of what happened. “I know hyung, but what was I supposed to do? Punch him for saying that? You know very well I can’t do that hyung. And hyung he has a reason, seeing my face is like seeing Jiyeon, how was he supposed to move on if the face he’s trying to forget is the face he keeps on seeing every day? Don’t hate him hyung, he needs a friend, and I want you to be that friend who’s beside him since I can’t do anything anymore, he pushed me away.”

 

          When Jungkook saw that Jimin was about to retort, he stood up and slung his backpack over his shoulders. “Come on hyung, we don’t want to be late for class now do we?” He asked cheekily trying to calm the other down. Jimin could only sigh and stand up before ruffling his hair. “You know he still cares for you, right?” Jimin said. Jungkook was taken aback, but he knew what the other said was true. He would sometimes see food on his table when he’s late, and only one person knows that he doesn’t eat breakfast when he oversleeps not wanting to be even later than he already was. “I know, hyung.” He replied smiling.

 

          They were already out of the library when Jungkook remembers he hasn’t seen the brunette all day. You would think that after everything that happened, Jungkook would stop looking after Taehyung. But, no, he still does. He would usually hide behind a tree or a wall (I know, creepy stalker type) and watches over the older in case he does something that could hurt him.

 

          “Hey, hyung, have you seen Taehyung?” Jungkook asks before he could stop himself. Jimin looks at him weirdly before he answered. “Nope, he wasn’t in the first and second period, so I guess he’s absent.” Something bothered him when Jimin said that Taehyung was absent, it was as if something bad would happen. He chose to shrug it off and replied “Ah Okay hyung. I gotta go, bye.” He went to the opposite direction where his room was, while Jimin went to his.

 

          It was English period and Jungkook was bored and so he chose to stare outside the window, when his phone started ringing. The whole class looked at him, including the teacher. He was about to reject the call but decided against it when he saw who the caller was. Baekhyun, Taehyung’s older brother, was calling him and there was that feeling of something bad was going to happen bothering him again.

 

          He lightly raised his hand to get the attention of the teacher, who was unsurprisingly still glaring at him. “May I take this call?” He asked in English, pronunciation slightly off but still understandable. The teacher reluctantly nodded and Jungkook dashed out of the room.

 

          “Hello?” he greeted, as soon as he got out of the room. “Jungkook-ah” the other line replied, sounding as though in panic, and it made Jungkook more nervous than he actually should. “Hyung, what’s wrong?” he asked the person on the other line

 

          “Taehyung” Baekhyun answered. Jungkook felt his chest burn at the name that came out of the older’s mouth. “The principal called me and said Taehyung was absent, but when I looked inside his room, he wasn’t there.” The older continued, breathing uneven clearly worried for his younger brother. The younger chose not to reply, not wanting to worry the older even more if he spoke the same way as he did. “Jungkook, have you by any chance seen or talked to him today?” Baekhyun asks.

 

          Jungkook knew he had to reply, and so he took a deep breath before replying. “No, hyung. It’s also been a while since we last talked.” He felt sorry for what he said, but he knew he had to tell the older the truth. He heard sobbing on the other line, and he knew the older was crying. “Jungkook-ah, I’m scared. What if something bad happens to him? I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter