Chapter 6

Right Beside You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          Jungkook poked his hyung’s cheek to wake him up. He doesn’t want to disturb the older’s peaceful sleep but he doesn’t want to startle the brunette and punch him in the face when he carries him (Jungkook’s experienced it once, and he doesn’t want to risk another week sporting a black eye). “Hyung” he whispers as he continues to poke the older’s cheek. Taehyung groans and shifts, turning his back on the younger. “Hyung, we’re at your house, wake up” he whispers as he lightly shakes the sleeping body.

 

          Taehyung slowly sat up and faced the younger while rubbing the sleep off his eyes. Jungkook stops himself from cooing at the older as he helps him get out of the car. He led his hyung towards their house, constant swaying due to Taehyung’s sleepiness. When they arrived, the door was swung open and showed a relieved Baekhyun.

 

          Baekhyun signaled for them to enter and Jungkook helps Taehyung to go to his room and places the older on his bed. The younger went to the brunette’s closet and looked for clothes for the older to wear. “Hyung, you should take a shower before you sleep.” Jungkook said as he continues to search for clothes. When he did find an oversized white tee and a basketball shorts, he turned around and saw that the older was already sleeping, snoring ever so slightly.

 

          The younger could only smile at the sight and placed the clothes back in the closet. He walked towards the brunette’s bed and bent so that he’s face to face with the sleeping boy. “Please don’t do that again, hmm?” he whispered before he placed a kiss on the older’s forehead. He’ll never know.

 

          He looked at the older male one last time, before turning to leave. He let out a soft yelp when he saw the figure standing by the door. The younger looked at the floor in embarrassment, as his cheeks turned into a light shade of pink as he remembered what he did to the sleeping male a minute ago. Baekhyun could only smile at the younger’s cuteness before pulling him out of the room.

 

          The older motioned the younger to sit on the couch and Jungkook complied. “Where was he when you found him?” Baekhyun asked as soon as he sat down. The black-haired boy didn’t need to think twice of his answer, having to have planned this scenario a while ago in the car. “He was at the park hyung, he told me he needed some fresh air.” The younger replied, trying to make his voice truthful as he didn’t want the older to catch him lying.

 

          He chose not to tell Taehyung’s older brother at the suicide attempt that the brunette did for the reason that he didn’t want Baekhyun to worry even more. The older nodded at Jungkook’s answer, believing what he said. The younger felt guilty for lying, but he knew this was the best option he had. He’s certain that if Taehyung wasn’t sleepy, he would tell Jungkook not to tell anyone about what he witnessed a while ago.

 

          They chatted for a little bit before Jungkook tells the older that he has to get home. They bid their goodbyes and the younger walked towards the other side of the road where his house was located. When he reached home, his parents bombarded him with questions asking where he had been and how his homeroom teacher called them and informed him for skipping class. The younger told them about how Taehyung was missing and how he looked for him and his parents let him off the hook knowing how important the older was to the younger.

 

          He lay down on his bed after he took a quick shower. He stared at the ceiling, remembering what happened that day. Taehyung tried to kill himself was the first sentence that entered his mind. That was when he felt grateful that he arrived at the cliff on time to stop the older. I hope he doesn’t do that again. He thought before he drifted off to sleep.

 

          Two weeks passed since the incident and Jungkook was surprised at the happenings although very contented with it. Taehyung slowly went back to his old self laughing with friends, and talking to them properly with longer answers now. He goes back to his alien self, although not fully as there are times when he spaces out and wants to be alone, but all in all they are happy with what was happening.

 

          It was the last day of classes as Christmas was just around the corner and so the group was planning on where to go for the break. “We can go to Jeju?” Hoseok suggested and earned complaints from the group. “I don’t really feel like going to places when it’s freezing cold out there.” Namjoon said and the group nods in agreement.

 

          “I just want to sleep throughout the whole break” Yoongi stated and Jimin retorted with a “You always want to sleep.” The group laughed as the two shorties bicker. “Well, you guys could spend the weekend at my house.” Jungkook suggested and the group agreed, deciding to go there tomorrow. Taehyung hummed in agreement as he snuggled closer to the younger clinging onto him throughout the so-called “meeting.”

 

   

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter