faces

Steamed Buns and Ungodly Hours
10cm - Smelly Girl
 
/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / 
 
A kiss. That's what Hansol had just received. Not from his mother, sister, or Seungcheol. But from Hong Jisoo. Church boy. And it was not on his cheek, forehead, or hand. It was on his lips. A slightly-longer-than-just-a-peck-but-a-lot-shorter-than-making-out-kiss from Church Boy. He stood frozen on the cement ground of the rooftop for several seconds. In those several seconds, Jisoo managed to make a quick exit by sprinting away. Hansol still didn't move much afterward until it finally hit him. All at once. It hit him so strongly that all he could was giggle. Hong Jisoo, the Church Boy with pretty eyes, just kissed me, he thought. With that thought fueling his mind, he walked calmly to his dorm room. Every now and then he'd stumble when the moment replayed itself too vividly. 
 
The simple thought alone made him so giddy inside that he couldn't help but cringe a bit outwardly. The exact same second he pulled his face into a cringing expression, Seungcheol walked past him. Before Hansol could fix himself, Seungcheol was questioning him. "Why were you making that face? Where were you? Did you eat? Did you rewatch your 'Headlines Headlines' Performance?" [which was received with a more bitter face.] "I was making that face because I of.. well since I didn't eat, take me out to eat and I'll tell you, and No, I will not watch that disaster again." He grinned, gesturing with his head the direction of the street vendors near campus. 
 
Seungcheol groaned, feeling as if his money were being taken straight out of his pocket. [Although, it basically was being taken out of his pocket.] He nodded and began heading to the exit of the building that lead to the nearby food vendors. He and the youth walked side by side in momentarily silence. Seungcheol looked over anticipating the start of the younger's explanation for his face earlier. "Yeah? Hyung?" Was his only response. The elder rolled his eyes but still smiled at him. "So, are you going to tell me what happened?" 
 
Hansol sighed, his head lowered, then glanced up at his friend with a glow in his eyes. "Church Boy!" Seungcheol immediately exclaimed. The younger flipped around expecting to see someone. The elder grinned from ear to ear. "I meant if it had to do anything with Church Boy." He explained, wrapping his arm around his shoulder and putting him in a light headlock. "So it really does have to do with Church Boy! C'mon spill the tea!" He said, pulling the boy along to where the aroma of delicious food. The boy was laughing along, attempting to tug away from the headlock. 
 
When the street vendor stands came into sight, he let go of the boy's head but kept his arm around the boy's shoulder. "What do you want?" He said. "Hm.. What time is it?" Hansol replied. Seungcheol looked at his wrist and snorted a little. "Nearly 12 am." The younger smiled as well. 'Perfect steamed bun hour.' he thought to himself. "Let's have some fried fish cake first and then steamed buns?" Seungcheol nodded happily. "Good choices because Jeonghan fed me earlier. Woozi looked a little jealous but probably because I was taking his pretty Jeonghan's time." He grinned. "I mean Jihoon. Woozi's the alias he made for himself. It's cool right?" He picked up a the long end of the fish cake stick when they finally reached the stand. Both bowed in respect at the young woman working behind  the stand. "Moving on though.. How come you were making that face? what happened?" 
 
Hansol made a quick choking sound but recovered himself just as quickly. "It's about Church Boy," He slowly started off, anticipating an explosive reaction which he did indeed receive. "I KNEW IT!" Seungcheol yelled. "So long story short. We kissed. Okay.. well he kissed me. IT ONLY LASTED LIKE THREE SECONDS." Hansol said, biting into another fish cake. Seungcheol had put down the fish cake that was in his hand seconds ago with a gaping mouth. "Wait... HE kissed you. HE moved in and... Whoa.. Wow..." He said in sheer awe. Awe that such an innocent looking boy had initiated the kiss. That such an innocent looking boy had leaned forward and... Whoa...
 
Repeating it several times in his mind, Seungcheol soon enough believed it to be a lie. "Finish up that fish cake. We're going back to the dorm. Your ugly is lying to me and I'm here buying you food." He huffed in disbelief as he pulled out his wallet. Hansol smiled. It was understandable to think that a boy with such an innocent face would do such a thing. Instead of protesting, Hansol decided it was best to just do as he was told. He finished it, allowed the elder to pay, but then went off in the direction opposite to the dorms to hunt for steamed buns. 
 
"Hey hey! Where are you going?" Seungcheol stretched out to grab the youth by the arm but failed. "I'm not lying. He did kiss me but he ran away after." He grinned, a pinkness that his friend (luckily) couldn't see was rising on his cheeks. Seungcheol stopped then continued walking behind the younger. "That sounds more believable. Wait. Where did this happen?" He swiveled his head from stand to stand to find the steamed buns. Hansol did as his friend was doing and coughed a little. "The rooftop." He tried to say nonchalantly but realized how it sounded so horribly romantic it could have been in some cliché romance movie. The couple has an epiphany on the rooftop then makeout or whatever. 
 
It didn't feel like such a cliché though, but it did at the same time. Jisoo. The boy that made the 'tough' rapper, Vernon, feel like he belonged in a basic romance novel. "That sounds so lame." Hansol said since Seungcheol had not said it yet. "You and Church Boy kissed on the rooftop of our dorm building and he ran away afterward..." Seungcheol repeated aloud, making it sound as if he were taking a food order in a restaurant. Instead of hearing loud, boisterous laughter as was expected, Hansol heard a sigh. "I hope it's me and Jeonghan next." The elder whispered. A smile filled his face. 
 
"And how did that happen?" He continued swiveling his head from stand to stand. "I was studying like crazy, right? I guess he got worried or whatever and decided to take me for a break? from studying." Hansol felt his face heat up when it suddenly hit him. Jisoo was worried for his wellbeing. He was worried for his health, be it mental or physical health. "He cares for you." Seungcheol said and gently shoved the younger boy to the stand that had steamed buns available. They ordered the red bean steamed buns, quietly ate, ordered more and left after paying. 
 
Silence passed by them for a while with only the sound of their footsteps to accompany them.  "I'm glad our little Hansol found someone who cares for him a lot. You deserve it." Seungcheol said with a smile. Hansol made a lip-smacking sound. "Heeyy. Don't get all emo on me." He threw his arm around the elder's shoulder. "Moving on, you disrespectful brat," Seungcheol grinned and bit into the soft, flavourness of the steamed bun. "Text him right now. I need to set up an appointment with him to see if he is qualified to be with my handsome son." He stifled a laugh from his own semi-ridiculous words. Hansol rolled his eyes but still obeyed since he knew that the elder had meant it. He held the steamed bun in his mouth to pull out his mouth to text the boy. 
 
To Cute Church Boy: Hey
 
Hansol bit more into the bun after he put away his device. "You aren't going to say anything to freak him out, right?" He opened the door to their dorm building as quietly as possible. "Headlines, Headlines." Seungcheol quietly said, but audibly enough for the youth to hit his arm and make him run to avoid being hit more. 
 
--------------------------------------
 
AYYYYY!! hello!!!1 so i had already uploaded this chapter but it was worse than this one by a lot so i deleted it. hopefully none of u saw it lmao. 
i hope u all like this chapter!! i think this story might be coming to an end soon tho but who knows!!
thank you all 4 reading and subscribing and commenting and everything!! 
also news!! we aren't mounteen!! we are Carats!! i'm unstanning seventeen for good! jk, but i'm pretty glad we aren't mounteen [no offense to Soonyoung] but i was really hoping we'd be Mafia or Prime. o well. 
once again, thank you all for reading!
have a good day/night/evening!!