lunch

Steamed Buns and Ungodly Hours
Secret Crates - Springtime Stroll
 
/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / 
 

Although all the beagles were sitting together, it was surprisingly silent. Not a single spoken word was heard. However, all their eyes screamed one thing or another. The main screams were about Hansol and Joshua, and of course, their eyes screeched for help. Chan broke the eye screaming with spoken words after displaying a confused expression.

 
"Hyung," The youngest looked over at Seungcheol who was stuffing his face with jjajangmyun and seemed quite indifferent to the atmosphere. He swallowed then shot the younger an eye smile. "Yes?" He responded after swallowing his food. "I noticed that there are only two beds in your room and i-" The dark haired boy was cut off when he looked up to see the glare Joshua was giving him. Immediately he looked down at his food, gave a small unrealistic cough, and shook his head. "Nevermind, It was nothing." He laughed softly and didn't dare look up.
 
Everyone darted their eyes toward Joshua, including Seungcheol. A smile involuntarily appeared on his lips when he saw the innocent look on his face. "Um.." Joshua responded awkwardly to all the peering eyes. Hansol bit his tongue to keep from grinning like an idiot but to no avail. Everyone minus the three exchanged glances and quickly mouthed words. Seungcheol coughed slightly. "Chan," He winked at Joshua before looking at the youngest boy. Chan looked at the Church boy for a second before facing the oldest. 
 
"We do only have two beds," He spoke with mischief lingering in his voice. The beagles seemed to lean in while Hansol and Joshua attempted to distract everyone by suddenly screaming "SO HOW WAS YOUR DAY." to each other. Seungcheol wondered, if they hadn't done anything, why be so cautious. Wait.. Did they confirm everyone's suspicions last night? Seokmin showed off one of his famous golden smiles at  the eldest of the table. "So, who slept on the floor?" He asked. 
 
The yelling pair froze, and immediately swiveled their heads to the eldest. "Hm? Oh, that!" His eyes were in a near crescent. "Me, I slept on the floor since I have to take care of these two growing boys." He sipped the mocha beverage in front of him. A feeling of disappointment was felt afterward. Some moments had passed, and the topic of careers for the future came up. 
 
"I want to do something with dancing...Like a dance group?" Jun, a chinese transfer student, said. He was quite tall, extremely handsome and was known around the school as the Heechul lookalike. The boy was also an excellent dancer who was admired by lowerclassmen. He tapped his silent friend next to him. "Minghao, what do you want to do when we graduate here?" He smiled indulgently at the quiet friend. 
 
"Same as you." Minghao answered quietly. He was also a chinese transfer student, an excellent dancer as well, and was close with Jun due to their common love for dance and their shared homeland. Everyone smiled at Minghao, to boost confidence. Even a few heartfelt "How cute"'s were heard here and there when suddenly Hansol snapped his fingers and pointed at Joshua. "You know what you should do? Voice act." Hansol spoke in english, as he often did with Joshua to maintain it polished and also to keep their friends from understanding everything. 
 
Joshua looked up with curious eyes, as did all the confused beagles. "You could do a role in a Studio Ghibli movie." The green eyed boy clicked a full teeth-baring smile at the latter. Joshua smiled back, remembering last night. Apparently, Hansol had forgotten ever mentioning that himself. Of course, who wouldn't? Especially with the circumstances they were under. He, despite knowing what Hansol was going to say, decided to keep the conversation going. "Why do you say that?" 
 
"Well...Your voice is so... 고요한." Hansol said in sudden korean after looking up at the blue sky with lips parted open slightly, searching for the word. The smile on both of their faces never left. Along with the recent smiles that developed on their friend's faces shortly after. "Serene?" Joshua asked. He seemed absolutely relieved after saying that simple, short word. He was relieved to have finally found one of the words he would use to describe the younger's presence. 
 
Hansol nodded lightly, yet happily and slapped a hand on Joshua's thigh. "I was looking for that word in english." He said in korean. Joshua's face reddened as he stopped himself from saying a somewhat greasy sentence. 'I know you were. You always do that cute little thing when you're looking for a word' His reddened face, which of course didn't go unnoticed by the others, caused a quite a stir. Squeals and seal claps burst through the entire atmosphere of the little store.
 
A small table with a mid-twenties looking couple glared at the beagle infested table. Through bright, wide smiles, they stood up and bowed. "Sorry." They all said a bit too cheerfully for an apology, then went back to laughing amongst each other in a lowered volume. "Ehh, why are you all overreacting?" Hansol snapped jokingly. "But really, you all know those Studio Ghibli movies right? Spirited Away? with the No Face spirit?" The second youngest boy was naming off the movies, most of his surrounding friends nodded and only a few shook their heads. Seungcheol was one of them.
 
"Oh? You've never seen Spirited Away? Howl's Moving Castle? Ponyo?" Jeonghan looked at Seungcheol [who had just admitted to never watching any of those movies] incredulously. All the voices went mute nearly simultaneously and turned to look at him with a look of awe. Surprisingly, Seokmin nodded to his eldest friend. "Me neither, hyung." Hyung. He called him hyung. 
 
Seungcheol reached his out hand for one of his elaborate handshakes which Seokmin accepted immediately. "We should all go to the theatre room then to watch all these movies! They have a huge projector there." Seungkwan suggested excitedly and glanced over at his hyung, Joshua. He was sitting silently with a large grin on his face. The beagles nodded in agreement and decided to have Jun ask his professor since he was minoring in acting. "So is this going to be one huge date?" Jihoon piped in and eyed Joshua and Hansol. "Or a small date with friends being third wheels?" 
 
The 98 liner began protesting incessantly. "We aren't dating, we just hung out, hyungnim please don't misunderstand like that." He practically begged. Joshua moved his arm out to give the pastel haired boy a gentle shove. "It's going to be a hang out." Church boy said in his light, gentle voice. "Alright! Hang out! Hang out!" Seungcheol began chanting, followed by Chan, Hansol, and everyone else joined. 
 
--------------------------------------
 
[Jisoo voice] Yo, younghee! What's up??? Wow, this took a while to update. sorry, I always got distracted while writing! well , looks like it's the new year. i hope you all had a wonderful holiday and a great new year! it was our baby Jisoo's birthday and he seems like he spent it extremely well // yall his idols|rolemodels said happy birthday that was so icONC // i love my cozy lil boy so much. doesnt he seem so cuddly and uGh 
anyway, once again i feel like the song melodically goes with their young spirit. a comfortable song to fit these boys who i've come to love a lot.
thank you all so so SO MUCH to everyone who has read this so far, and to the people who feel like it's worthy of a subscribe and even more worthy of a comment // i lOve reAding The coMmEnts so Much u gUys r cuTe and SweeT //
have a great day/night/evening!!
(p.s: i'm sorry for any typos and mismatching fonts and sizes. so far i've had to update using my phone bc my computer hates me. pls be patient for it 2 all b fixed up and not a mess thx!!)