twerking

Steamed Buns and Ungodly Hours
 
Everyone in the small dorm stood with their mouths agape behind the newly nicknamed 'Cute Church boy'. 
"Did you seriously just send 'It's Joshua.'? DID YOU SERIOUSLY JUST SEND THAT?" Jihoon was the first to unleash his fury on the back of Joshua's head. Cackles filled the room. "You weren't lying when you called yourself a church boy." Seokmin smiled.
 
"You have a long ways to go." Jeonghan patted Joshua on the back. "Isn't it time for all of you to go?" Joshua said politely with a smile then stood up, guiding the ragtag group of boys to the exit. 
"Don't mess it up, also can you ask Coups if he wants to collab?" Jihoon asked before being pushed out by the taller ones. "Sure, sure" Joshua replied quickly. As soon as the door was shut the sound of a message was heard.
 
Hansol DiCaprio: Haha I know ^^
 
Squeals were instantly heard from the only other person left. "Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!" He began shouting, pounding his fists on his thighs. Soft laughter came from Joshua. "How do I reply? I panicked earlier." A sheepish grin on his face. 
 
"Oh really? I thought you had it all under control? What did you even mean by that, hyung?" Streams of questions poured from Seungkwan. Minutes earlier, a wrestling match had occurred with Joshua to text Vernon. He kept a death grip on his phone. "ASK HIM IF HIS EYES ARE GREEN LIKE THE OCEAN BECAUSE HE LOOKS LIKE JACK FROM TITANIC." One shouted reaching out for the phone. "Also because you could drown in them." Another added. 
 
Then Jihoon began swiping out his smaller-than-the-other's arm for the phone."This is why I hate every." Swipe."Single." Swipe. "One." Swipe. "Of." 
"I sent a message." Church boy's exhausted yet full of laughter voice managed to claim order back. "I have it all under control." He had reassured the shouting beagles. 
 
"Hi, It's Joshua." Jeju's boy mocked, his accent trailing behind the english words. "You were all being dumb, so it rubbed off on me." Joshua said making an excuse for his dumb message. But really, no amount of excuses would have helped. Instead of trying to come up with more excuses he opened the recent conversation. 'Why did you want to text me again?' 
 
-----------------------------------
The time had been 11:30 pm and the boys began slacking off. "Twerking. Look up twerking, hyung!" Instantaneously boisterous laughter came from both. "It sounds dirty," Seungcheol said, but was obviously interested. "What kind of dirty things does my son watch?" He shook his head, handing the laptop to Hansol. With much enthusiasm, he typed in and clicked on a video. 
 
Loud rambunctious music was heard, a girl shaking her vigorously. "I didn't teach you this." Seungcheol laughed, petting Hansol's dark hair then staring at the screen. After several minutes of staring at such things (sins), the clock read 11:59. It was exactly 12:00AM when a soft knock was heard. 
 
Hansol asked the elder to open the door because it probably was "Cute church boy." Sluggishly and all whilst groaning, the elder had gotten up, and taking broken strides toward the door. Without checking who the person was, he swung the door open. "Hello." He smiled at the boy. 
 
Joshua stood there stunned momentarily at the quick reaction. Swiftly, he bent 90 degrees in a bow, the plastic bag he held hitting his shin. "Hello. Does.. Vernon live here?" He asked, obviously flustered. Seungcheol laughed. "Yes, yes. Come in." 
Joshua returned the smile but it instantly faded away when he saw Hansol in a trance like state. 
 
His eyes glued on the laptop screen. And on that screen. Oh boy, on that screen. There was a girl doing the infamous twerk dance was taking up the entire screen, a grin on the viewers face. "I see right now isn't really..the best of... I'll come back later.. have some steamed buns meanwhile." He set down the warm plastic bag on the small dresser then turned to leave. 
 
In unison, the two boys began laughing. "Watch it with us! What kind are these?" Hansol said, eyeing the bag. "Um. Red bean paste. I can always come ba-" Joshua said as he backed away but was then cut off when Seungcheol's arm grabbed for him. "We can stop watching it if you want?" Laughter embedded into his voice. 
 
"Leave it! It's fine!" Joshua responded so quickly it made both of them turn in his direction. Two pairs of eyes in near perfect crescents, large grins on a pair of lips looking at him. "Why the quick response?" Hansol asked with a smirk. As a regular response, Joshua's face reddened. "Let's work on the song." 
 
Seungcheol smiled at the Leonardo DiCaprio lookalike then flicked his eyebrows. The younger smiled back, obviously thinking the same thing. Joshua most likely enjoyed it. If not, his reaction was still cute.
 
"I'll show you what I have so far." Seungcheol grabbed the laptop from it's resting position. The same soft piano chords which Joshua thought he had recognized but couldn't quite think of where it was from were player. Symbols sounded four times.
 
His voice lightened the atmosphere. The emotion displayed by his hand movements and facial expressions were true with lyrics to match. 
 
"과거 살얼음인 빙판 위에서 썰매를 타
 
위험을 감수하고 재미를 추구했었지
 
어린 맘에 관심이라고 생각했던
 
날 가르키던 수많은 사람들의 검지
 
뒤를 돌아보니 아니였네 다들 아닌척 착한척
 
내 주위 친구조차 검게 판단해 색칠하고있었네
 
되려 무시하고 화내 난 한번도 틀린적 없다고 절대
 
내 것을 지키기 위한 방법이 틀렸었지
 
누군가에겐 상처로 남았을테니
 
내 어깰 좀 더 꽉 눌러줘 부담감에
 
깨 있는 매일을 실수하진 않겠지
 
슬픔들이 더 많은 기억들을
 
청승맞게 돌려보니 늘어진 필름
 
아직도 과거에 서성이네."
 
Cheol suddenly stopped, then looked at them both. "This is where Vernon comes in. I want him to write english lyrics for this and I guess he wanted help from you? He knows you're fluent in english." A knowing smile on his lips. "How did you know that?" Joshua asked with his head tilted toward Hansol. 
 
Hansol's mind went blank. One could visibly see it had gone blank by the expression his lips and eyes were pulled in. "I se-hear you in class." His green hued eyes averted from the questioning boy. "Do I talk loud?" The so-called church boy asked. As he waited for an answer, he grabbed the bag of steamed buns. He offered them some, both of them felt inclined to take two each. 
 
"You don't but, you have a nice voice. You sounded so good earlier." Mini DiCaprio responded, in english so Seungcheol couldn't understand, with his mouth full. He had stumbled on the word 'earlier'. It had escaped his mind for a second which caused his eyes to flick upward as though the ceiling had the word written on it. His lips moved a bit, going through all the words similar to it.
 
Joshua smiled at that. He found it rather cute how this boy who looked like a badass rapper had to do that. The eldest cut into the conversation. "You two can flirt later. I have a song collab I want to do." 
 
Hansol grinned widely then laughed. Joshua blushed but his eyes were in perfect crescents. "Alright let's work."