rooftops

Steamed Buns and Ungodly Hours
Tomppabeats -  you're cute
[recommended to start playing when the ** are seen and to be played on repeat] 
 
/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / 
 
 It was their first class after the 
free day. The group of beagles, although in mostly farther seats, were looking at each other and making conversation. They instantly became friends in the small theatre the day before. They felt especially closer after almost being caught by Mr. Lee, their current teacher. After Seokmin yelled "TEAM SPLIT UP!" and took off in a direction, it was as if all hell broke loose. Eleven pairs of legs took off faster than before, the light of the full moon illuminating the ground. They mostly went into different directions, but some ended up in the wrong dorm and were forced to stay in that dorm. 
 
Mr.Lee didn't even seem to try to go after them. Instead, he shouted. "Hey, you brats! Don't think karma will skip over you! It'll come after you faster than the Usain Bolt can run!" Then sighed. However, Mr. Lee was sharp. He knew exactly who had caught outside of their causing his students to stare. "I'm so tired this morning. You all seem very tired as well, did none of you sleep? Did you all sneak out of your dorms or something?" He said, a half smile played on his lips as he glanced at the beagle line in the room. Hansol and Joshua exchanged glances before anyone else. "We didn't sneak out, we were already out." Hansol mouthed in english. Joshua nodded and visibly relaxed. Mr. Lee drew his eyes to them momentarily. 
 
 The other students had chuckled for a bit, a lot of them saying they had been studying the whole day and most of the night. The professor's attention was back on the rest of the students. "Of course you were." He said, a hint of playful sarcasm played at the edges of his voice. They all groaned at the noticeable sarcasm.  "Moving on! Alright so this class we're going to..." He began to immerse himself into the lesson, satisfied that his special beagle line knew that he knew. When class was over, and all the students were packing their things, he saw the quiet chinese exchange students glancing at him. They spoke in their mother language then waved and left. 
 
Mr. Lee knew exactly what they were talking about, despite not knowing much of the language itself. His voice must have been extremely recognizable if they knew it was he who nearly caught them yesterday. It didn't take a genius to figure it out, really, but his beagle-ish students antics were clearly missed. He sighed, crumpling the lyrics in his hand then smoothing it out. "Fine. I won't tell the kids that I know about their sneaking off.. But I'll need something in return.." He said, staring at the lyrics in hand. 
 
-------------------------------------
 
Weeks passed. The theatre incident was repeated a few times here and there, but no one yelled after them or took any notice really. It was quite a fortunate time for them. Except for the fact that exams were getting closer with every passing day. Everyone was stressing out, running to the library like a stampede of Sonic Zombies. That included Hansol, the definition of procrastination itself, and Jisoo, the king of studying. They often met at the library but were too busy to say more than a casual "Hey." 
 
It was after classes had finished when they ran into each other before entering the place that became everyone's new home. A fiery 'home' that seemed to hold the very flames of hell itself. Hansol had been feeling under the weather lately and his disheveled appearance proved it. Jisoo perceived it, grabbed his wrist before he opened the door, and pulled him toward the stairs. "Hey, hey, hey. I need to study." Hansol snapped. The latter immediately flipped his head over, an expression of extreme concern. Never had the younger snapped at him. 
 
Hansol looked sorry for a second but instantly an icy glare froze over his eyes. He attempted to snatch away his arm from the elder, but the elder kept a firm grip on his arm. "One moment without studying won't do you a lot of harm, you know? Come on, I have something to show you." He softly said in english. Hansol clenched his teeth together and reluctantly nodded. The elder's lips tugged into a small smile momentarily and then began walking to their dorms.  Fortunately, it didn't take long. Things were pretty quiet compared to how it normally sounded. 
 
The two boys finally reached the not-so-secret staircase that went up to the roof. Seeing the staircase led to Hansol remembering when Seungcheol thought he 'discovered' them. The rapper exuberantly took them up only to find Namjoon, another vocally talented person [but not physically talented. His dancing was quite a tragedy], and his friends. Hansol smiled when he remembered how heavily his hyung sighed and grudgingly waved at them. Namjoon looked confused then grinned. "You probably thought you discovered this place. Me too." 
 
**Jisoo interrupted his flashback when he opened the heavy door that led outside. A fresh breeze hit their cheeks, and the dark navy blue touched their eyes. Stars scattered like small holes on a dark fabric due to the city lights below. It was beautiful. Hansol's eyes stared straight ahead, mesmerized by the beauty. Exams? Forgotten. At least temporarily. Jisoo was glad for that. The excessive studying was obviously taking their toll on the younger. Especially because he wasn't the type to study that much. 
 
He wasn't really the type to study at all. Not at least until only an hour was left before exams officially began, according to Seungcheol. Jisoo beamed thinking of how much effort Hansol was suddenly putting in, but immediately dimmed when he recalled the past event from barely minutes ago. He lightly shook his head and reached out to hold the younger's hand.At first, he almost snatched away but then he quite casually laced his fingers with the tanner fingers. The latter walked to the edge and took a seat on the cold grayish concrete. 
 
The former mimicked his actions and took a seat beside him. Both of them were staring out at the sea of artificial lights, their fingers still intertwined together. A serene silence consumed the words in their throats and demanded to stay for a few. Jisoo felt a warmness on his shoulder. Without even having to turn to look, he knew what it was. Hansol's head resting comfortably on his shoulder. Jisoo somehow felt a strange mixture of being eternal and ephemeral. He felt inclined to share with his friend. 
 
"Hansol?" He said in his always soft tone. "Hm?" Hansol replied. "Looking at the city lights.. I dunno.. it feels kinda weird?" He said in english. He felt Hansol bob his head in response on his shoulder. "It feels like we're only here for a few seconds and then poof." He continued. "And at the same time, it feels like we are the galaxy. Here for an eternity and that we've been here since the beginning of time?" The latter finished for him. Jisoo nodded. "And also..." He contemplated on finishing his sentence or not. The younger waited patiently - a rare occurrence. 
 
"I might also feel eternal because I'm sitting here.. Beside you." He said. Hansol lifted his head off his shoulder to look at the elder. His expression of shock was replaced with a smile when he noticed the tinge of pinkness on his cheeks. His eyes wandered down to their hands, which remained together, then to the pinkness of his cheeks.  Suddenly, he leaned over and gave him a small peck on the pinkness before quickly looking forward and retracting his hand to his own lap. 
 
"It might be. I'm a great guy, right?" He said teasingly. Jisoo laughed. "I guess you are." He said quietly. 
 
--------------------------------------
 
hello!!!! this seems to be a little on the short side but it also seems kinda long????? idk but i need to update more i think 
i'm sorry 4 these kinda slow updates 
anyway, i hope you're all enjoying it! 
i hope you all have good grades, and are not hella stressed out! also the song can played on repeat on this website/app called listenonrepeat, and i 10/10 recommend it bc this song is so good
thank u all for subscribing and i lOve comments sm they make me smile so thank u all for the comments too!
have a gr8 day/night/evening/afternoon!!