pitter patter

Steamed Buns and Ungodly Hours

Rainymood

/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / 

The bell rang, indicating that everyone's final class was over. Joshua speed walked to his dorm. His goal was to arrive there before Seungkwan did. Unless he wished to be pelted by questions. Questions that only a mom would ask. 

 
Joshua knew how exactly the boy would respond if he said "Hansol invited me to his dorm." 
Seungkwan would dramatically gasp then begin screaming. "How grown up!" The american boy shuddered at the mere thought of his beagle friends shouting about it. 
 
Joshua turned towards the small hallway which lead to the separate dorm building. All while looking around to see if he'd find Hansol amongst the crowd of other students. The lights weren't on in the hallway,( to save money apparently) and the sky outside was darkening. He searched around for Hansol once more, despite the lighting being quite poor, but instead found someone else. 
 
Seungkwan. 
 
He was standing by the door that led out of the hallway into the outside next to the beagle squad. They looked to be conversing deeply about who knows what. 
 
Joshua quickened his pace and cast his eyes down to avoid any chances of being spotted. Luckily, Jeju's Boy was still immersed in conversation. When he entered the much wider hallway in which his dorm was, he dashed to his room. Quickly, he put the number code in to open it. He dropped his bag on his bed, grabbed his guitar, and as swiftly as he went in, he left. 
 
As he approached Hansol's dorm, a familiar figure was standing out the door. Joshua looked down to avoid eye contact. "Wassup." An oddly recognizable voice called out. So recognizable that it caused him to snap his head up right away. "Hansol." Joshua said with a small embarrassed smile. Hansol widened his smile. "Let's go in." He said, tapping the numbers in for the door to unlock.
 
The younger allowed Joshua to enter first. They both took a seat on the bottom bed "So..." Joshua shyly and a bit awkwardly began. "So.." Hansol replied. "Your guitar playing was really nice, and I wanted you to play it again. Sing too. Cause.." Hansol's mouth began blabbering away as it sometimes did when he was nervous. Why in the world was he even nervous? 
 
"Your voice is really nice, hyung." He concluded with a bright smile. Joshua returned the bright smile, but looked down at his guitar a bit less brightly. "Any.. uh.. song requests?" He asked as he adjusted his guitar to fit comfort. "Any song by Hyukoh would be cool." Hansol said. The way he said it made it seem like he had spent hours thinking about it. Maybe he did. 
 
Joshua nodded, but then wondered how Hansol knew that he liked Hyukoh. Instead of pondering on that thought he just began playing. 
 
'비틀비틀 걸어가는 나의 다리
오늘도 의미없는 또 하루가 흘러가죠
사랑도 끼리끼리 하는거라 믿는 나는
좀처럼 두근두근 거릴일이 전혀없죠'
 
Hansol listened carefully, moving his head to the melody. The lyrics to this song were solemn, a bit grim even, but Joshua's voice was so peaceful. The song, if one didn't pay attention to the lyrics, sounded serene. It made Hansol feel completely peaceful. 
 
'위잉위잉 하루살이도
처량한 나를 비웃듯이 멀리 날아가죠
비잉비잉 돌아가는
세상도 나를 비웃듯이 계속 꿈틀대죠' 
 
Joshua paused for second and threw the other boy off guard when he spoke. "Can you open the curtains?"
 
 Hansol remained frozen for a spell. Joshua stayed still as well as he waited patiently. "Um.." He said softly. "Oh, , sorry!" Hansol finally responded. The boy was obviously flustered. Joshua simply chuckled at him. "Open the curtains, please." 
 
"Right, right." Hansol said. He moved quickly to the window, scrunching the curtains to their individual corners. Raindrops pattered against the glass. He hadn't noticed it at all earlier. Neither did Joshua apparently. "How heavy is it raining?" The elder asked. "Not very heavy. It might start raining heavily later on." The younger replied. 
 
Hansol noticed that whenever Joshua spoke it caused a shiver went through his body. He remembered overhearing Joshua's friend, Hoshi, saying "Hyung, you have a really y voice."
 
Hansol completely agreed. It wasn't only y. It was extremely lovely to listen to. Calming too. Similar to the calmness of being inside during a heavy rainstorm in a cozy sweater with a nice cup of tea. Hansol felt his heart skip a beat.
 
"Should I keep singing?" Joshua asked after some moments of silence. "Yeah." Hansol said,
staring out the window. 
 
'Tell me Tell me, Please don’t tell
차라리 듣지 못한 편이 내겐 좋을거야
Tell me Tell me, Please don’t tell
차라리 보지 못한 편이 내겐 좋을거야
 
사람들 북적대는 출근길의 지하철엔
좀처럼 카드찍고 타볼일이 전혀없죠
집에서 뒹굴뒹굴 할 일없어 빈둥대는
내 모습 너무 초라해서 정말 죄송하죠"
 
Hansol turned away from the window. His eyes fixated on the guitar playing boy. Hansol noticed how Joshua appeared to be slightly flustered under his gaze. How cute, he thought with a visible smile.
 
Joshua finished the song, then looked around awkwardly. The younger kept his eyes on him. "Hyung.." Hansol said. "Yes?" The former replied without looking directly at him.
 
The rain's pitter patter comforted the silence that filled the room. After a stretch of time Joshua looked at Hansol directly and studied his expression. It looked as if he was contemplating whether or not he should finish what he started saying. 
 
Before any other word was said, a sound of a messaging arriving hit Joshua's ears, making him look down. It was Seungkwan. 
 
Pun Lord: Please help me on my homework ):
 
"Who is it?" Hansol said. "My friend, Seungkwan. He needs help on his homework." Joshua informed. 
 
"Then help him." Hansol replied with a laugh. "Alright. What did you want to say before?" Joshua asked while organizing the two items he held. 
 
"Oh it wasn't anything. Go help you friend, gentleman." The younger laughed. 
 
----------------------------------
Hello! this chapter seems slightly sloppy too, sorry if it actually is. it's a bit short too. i couldn't think of a song to go with this chapter, but maybe try listening to rainymood while reading this? also, the song Joshua is singing to Hansol is Wi Ing Wi Ing by Hyukoh. 10/10 recommend this band. thank you so much! pls have a good week! 
 
p.s // i might be making a story with kaisoo (exo) but it'll be a one shot and have mature content so look out for that if you're interested! have a gr8 week!