combs

Steamed Buns and Ungodly Hours

10cm - Love In The Milky Way Cafe
/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /

"Seriously? I thought you needed help with homework." Joshua said with a disappointed edge to his voice. Perhaps disappointment of no homework to help on or being pulled away from his activity. "You didn't ask for my permission to go." Seungkwan replied. Joshua shook his head but broke into a lovely peal of laughter. "So.." Jeju's boy leaped over to be beside Joshua. "How is it with you and DiCaprio?" 

Joshua felt his heart flinch. It wasn't a bad flinch. It was the kind in which the heart enjoyed the presence, or even simple existence, of another being that it absolutely adored hearing their names mentioned. However, these flinches more often than not caused a red tint on cheeks. Joshua felt the warmth rising to his ears first then his cheekbones.

He also saw it. He saw it by the expression Seungkwan's face was pulled in. Instantly Joshua's eyes lowered to the floor. This of course caused a bigger, more dramatic reaction. "DOES THAT MEAN YOU TWO ARE FINALLY TOGETHER." Seungkwan shrieked, clapping his hands together. 

Joshua could never understand how such a pretty singing voice could make a sound as hideous as Seungkwan's screech. It was so terrifying to hear, especially if you were next to the source of the sound. After some seconds Joshua's mind went to word used in the sentence. "Finally?" 

"Oh.. I meant.." The boy stumbled on his words nervously, scolding himself inwardly. It was as clear as crystal that he knew something. Something he was told to not let the Church Boy know. Joshua smiled indulgently, waiting ever so patiently for Seungkwan. *He knew the tea was going to be spilt. Sooner or even sooner than sooner. "You know how Dino is really attached to Coups?" Jeju's Boy began carefully. Joshua nodded.

"S.Coups told Dino one day that Vernon talks about you nonstop." Seunkwan paused to monitor the elder's reaction. A tint of pink was on his cheeks, which encouraged Seungkwan to continue. With a wide grin plastered on his lips, of course. "He usually said things like.." The boy paused, getting ready to do his best impression of the Leonardo look-alike. 

"Jisoo hyung is really good looking. He has such a sweet voice. He sounds like an angel. He is angel." He spoke the last words in heavy accented english.
Joshua's face flushed red. Thoughts of Hansol saying that, all those words coming from his mouth, bombarded his mind. This reaction lead to Seungkwan's grin to widen more. A smile that showed brightness and achievement.

 "Hyung, I'm gonna go out now." He stood up suddenly gathering a neat looking notebook and pen from a small desk. Joshua mumbled a soft "Alright." as he stared straight ahead, his cheeks still flushed. The door shut, leaving Joshua alone in his thoughts. He didn't mind too much. 

 Seungkwan is already becoming too involved Joshua thought to himself. Two choices were left on his mind. Leave Hansol for good, or stop talking to him so much.

Joshua laughed at his own thoughts. He then began speaking out loud, since no one was around anyway. "I won't leave that cutie for anything." He giggled and half cringed. "He's too cute to stop talking to. He's so fun to talk to. And I've been wanting to talk to him for so long,remember?" The comb sitting innocently beside his notebook was turned into a temporary person by his conversation.

 No response was expected, of course, but suddenly, a long pause struck him. 

A pause full of realization, which caused him to sit up perfectly straight. "Do..." He stuttered to the comb. "Do.. I lik-Like him? No way. No way. Oh my goodness no." His voice breaking into yet another giggle. Due to this, he did not hear the soft whispering outside. 

"It was at the place that sells those steamed buns. Oh my... No way." Joshua continued, louder than before. Much more excited as well. "That's where it first happened!"His facial expression beamed in sheer happiness.

Outside, the whispering faded as well, along with the sound of a pair of feet running down the hallway. A rather distant holler of joy was heard seconds later. 
---------------------------------------
*tea being spilt is another term for gossip 

Hello!! i've been a bit busy and a bit stressed with school which is why this took a bit to update. it also explains why this chapter is lacking, but it's just a really crappy filler, sorry! hope you can still enjoy it tho! by the way the song i think fits this chapter// and overall story // almost perfectly. lyrically and melodically. it's a really upbeat, sweet song. very great to lighten ur mood if you ever feel down. btw that Kaisoo one shot should be out in a bit //maybe a month //. it's inspired by a song ~~ Happy spooking!