shower

Steamed Buns and Ungodly Hours

Joshua's eyes fluttered open to an unfamiliar environment. There was a charging laptop with the files section open sitting on carpet he couldn't even recognize right beneath the bed he was in. His eyes cast over at the digital clock. 6:27 am. A quick vibration of his phone was felt in his hand. It was a text message. 

Pun lord: Have you died?

Instantly, Joshua shot straight up from the comforts of the bed. His eyes darted around the room. He was still in Vernon's dorm room! Did he drink alcohol or something? Vernon seemed like he would smuggle alcohol into the school. Maybe not the S.Coups guy. The boy sniffed the air for the smell of alcohol. Nothing.

 Why in the world was he passed out on someone else's bed?  Then he looked around for the two boys who shared the dorm. A lump,which looked like it belonged to a curled up person, was right next to him. 

Should I... touch it? Joshua thought to himself. Slowly, reached his hand out. As if under the covers was perhaps a deadly creature that could snatch(his weave) him and gobble him up. The second his thumb made contact with the white sheet, it sprung to life. 

Screams of terror left the poor boys mouth. Immediately, S.Coups came stampeding into the room. "Hansol, if you're screaming over J.Cole aga-" The last word was cut off when he saw that it was Joshua. "Are you alright, Church boy?" The eldest asked. "Um.. yeah yeah.." Joshua smiled politely then looked around. 

"Hansol get out of bed. I told you we should have stopped at 2:30 am but nooo." S.Coups started ranting, sounding more like a mother than anything else. The youngest groaned in response. "Let me sleep." 

Joshua started reminiscing the earlier events. A song. He had been helping 'Vernon Hansol' or whatever his name was. His mind flooded with the singing voice of Hansol. It was unique and Joshua simply adored that. A pink tint formed on his cheeks. Adored? 

Hansol glanced over at him , taking notice of the colour on his face. "Are you okay? Do you have a fever?" He sat up straight from the comfortable, warm environment and into the older's face. Ten inches away seemed like a little. Very little. "Did you overwork yourself last night?" He reached out to feel the former's face. 

Joshua looked down, unable to make eye contact. "No, I'm okay." He murmured. "Your face is seriously so red, are you sure you're okay?" The younger asked as he moved away. He lied back down. When he sat back up he saw S.Coups smiling at them in a strange manner. "I'm gonna finish washing up, then you two can wash up. It would be better if you two washed together to save water and we're short on time." The eldest stepped back into the washroom before witnessing how red Joshua's face became again. 

Hansol, without turning over, matched the flustered expression of the latter. Seungcheol stepped out fully clothed and with dripping wet hair. "Quickly!" He snapped at them. "Do you seriously mean it?" Joshua asked with a slight quiver in his voice. This caused both of the males to turn and stare with raised eyebrows. "I..I don't see much of a problem with it." Hansol replied as he stood up. A smile crept onto the Seungcheol's lips once more.

Joshua swallowed his embarrassment. "Okay then," 'Church Boy' said. "I guess I'll have to wear one of your shirts and jeans?" 

Both of them shrugged simultaneously. "Doesn't matter as long as we get it back. Now hurry up, the bell's gonna ring in like ten minutes." Cheol said. Hansol and Joshua had agreed to one of them using the shower to wash their body and for the other to use the sink to wash their hair. 

The younger one chose to wash his hair first which, of course, the former didn't mind at all. Instantaneously, their movements became as quick as a serpent. Joshua washed carefully but quickly. The slightly see-through shower curtain put some stress on him but the quicker he washed the quicker he got out. "Vernon, you done?" He asked in english as he reached out for a towel. 

"Just a minute." Mini DiCaprio replied in english as well. "Keep your eyes closed please." Joshua commanded politely. He stepped out of the shower, his wet feet on the soft dry mat set next to the porcelain tub. His hands wrapped the towel around his waist with extreme quickness. "Can I open them now?" Hansol asked when he finished washing all the shampoo suds. 

"Yeah, I left the water on so it stayed warm for you." 

Less than one second later, Joshua regretted speaking at all. A wide grin slipped on Hansol's face. "What a gentleman." He said, the smile was embedded even in his tone of voice. Joshua shampooed his hair, working it into a lather, then washed it off. 
He never cared much for his hair. 

"I'm done. Hurry up." The elder threw over his shoulder as he left the washroom. When he looked around the small room for the S.Coups guy, he found a note and clothes thrown on the bed he was asleep on earlier. 

Hey Church Boy! I set these clothes out for you so you don't have to waste more time looking through the drawers. Tell Hansol to bring his laptop. 
      Love ~ Dad Coups

Joshua was taken aback by the last two words. 'Dad Coups' 
Although it was completely ridiculous to him that this guy he had met less than twelve hours ago was calling himself his dad, it was still fairly amusing. He threw the clothes on then searched for his bag. Oh. 

It wasn't in the room. The bag had been left forgotten in his own dorm. "Gosh darn it." Joshua mumbled to himself. A figure could be seen from the corner of his eye, then a chuckle came from it. Hansol had the widest smile on his lips. "Gosh darn it?" He laughed more.

Instantly, the former's face reddened. Not only at the fact that Hansol was laughing at him, but also because of how good the boy looked with wet hair. "S.coups.. he wants you to get your laptop." He pointed at the note on the white bed cover. "Hm alright. By the way call him Seungcheol or Cheol. We're all a bit closer right?" Hansol flashed a grin at him then set off to find his clothing for the day. 

"Also, call me Hansol." Hansol smiled again, this time while putting on a white Stussy shirt. 'He looks so casual and good' Joshua thought. "And you're gonna stay as Church Boy." The boy spoke again, interrupting Joshua's thoughts. 

"Okay, are you ready yet?" 'Church boy' asked with his phone in hand. A text to Seungkwan was sent asking for him to bring his bag to their first class. The boy was obliged to agree but replied with;

Pun lord: if you don't tell me what happened i'll make you sing again

Joshua rolled his eyes then smiled. "Yeah, let's go." 

 

/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / l hello! wowie! this story is only at 3 chapters and it already has 18 subcribers! And 250 views! That seems like a lot to me and i would love to keep seeing the numbers grow! i'll have random chapter updates because i have school work and school stress, but i'll try to make updates at least once every week. i feel like chapters should have some song to go with it. either melodically or lyrically, you know? i might start adding a song name at the start of every chapter after this one. anyway, thank you for reading and subscribing(if you do)

pls have a nice day!