Empty Seat

BUTTERFLY

~The next day~

Taehyung sat silently just after he reached school. He didn't even bother to play with his friends. His mind was full of Hoseok as he wondered what he heard the previous day was true.

"Maybe I'm thinking too much," he thought. He was thinking too much and he didn't even know that Hoseok had not arrived yet. But as soon as the teacher came in, he did.

"Isn't he coming?" he thought. "But he looks so active and doesn't seem like the person to be absent frequently. It's just the second day. Maybe he's going to be late. What am I even thinking? It's not even like he's my boyfriend." But secretly, he had some hope to see him. His hope was gone when the first period ended and Hoseok had not come. 

"Maybe he has fever and he can't come." And with that, the classes were over.

Taehyung went home exhaustedly and collapsed on his bed. He didn't know why he felt so sad to not see a boy whom he just met the previous day.

"Maybe he'll come tomorrow."

But, no. Hoseok did not come for a week. Taehyung had never felt that bad just to find out the reason. He just couldn't help but get sad over Hoseok's empty seat and that got him to worry. He was worried that Hoseok might have some kind of a disease and couldn't come to school anymore or that he might even be admitted to another school.

~The next week~

Taehyung did not even feel like going to school. But he had to, to study of course. He was not as excited as the first day (obviously, duh! without his Hobie XD). But he had to go. He wanted the best for himself.

"I shouldn't let some little things bother me," he thought. Then he went unexcitedly out of the door. He used to enjoy the sights as he walked his way to school. But that time, he didn't even look at the beautiful sakura tree which he always take a glance at.

"What?!?" his classmates almost hear him but thanks to the noisy friends, they didn't. He went in the classroom to see the real 'Hoseok' he had been wanting to see. His laziness was gone and he was filled with happiness. If the classroom was his bed then he would have jumped up and down on it and throw pillows around. But he had to control his emotions.

He was then filled with questions. He wanted to know why Hoseok was absent for such a long time (Prolly long for him, not for us). He went to his seat as he observed the boy from a distance. His classmates seemed to be congratulating him. He was very curious why. He got an idea how to find it out. He went to Jimin and asked him. "Oh," he replied, "he and his crew won the 'Seoul Dancing Championship' (sorry lol... I made it up) and the judges even said that he was the best among the crew members. Wait, you haven't heard about it?"

"Ummm....yeah.." he ran to his seat, feeling a bit of happiness and a bit of embarrassment. "Why? Taehyung, why? Why didn't you know? You suffered for a week just because you didn't know? You should've been more curious. How could you not know? Wait, am I too much into him? Do I like him? Kim Taehyung, get outta your mind!" then he continued singing the song 'get outta your mind' by Lil Jon.

Then the teacher entered the class. The classes were very boring for Taehyung and he knows the right thing to do to get him less bored — stare at Hoseok. He did. But not for long. Something stopped him from staring....