Soulmates

because I love you

The past 20 years in Kwon Jiyong’s life was black and white. Literally black and white. The world was void of any colours except the dull greyness surrounding him. And he’s been living okay with it ever since, it’s not like he has a choice. He knows some people can see colour because they have this huge smile on their faces as if the world is surrounded by the rainbow and in a way, for them it is. It could only mean one thing. They’ve found their soulmate.

 

For starters, Jiyong’s not sure why god would do something like that, but Seungri said something about not finding his other half yet, so the world isn’t a pretty place just yet. And Jiyong can’t argue with that because he knows the world isn’t a pretty place yet. He’s learned from kindergarten all the way through high school about the so called pretty things in life; flowers, butterflies, a box of crayons, heck he doesn’t even know how a rainbow should look like. But he’s heard them – people who have found their soulmate – talking about the colours of the rainbow.

 

And it’s hard for him to understand, not when he doesn’t even know the basic primary colours of the rainbow. But its okay, god isn’t that cruel, he still has the emotion to feel the colours, visioning it, characterising it. He knows for sure bright yellow is blinding and the taste is a bit sour but it could be warm if the yellow is a shade lighter and love is wrapped up in warmth and heartache and a bright shade of red that is neither too bright nor too dull.

 

And one day, while he was walking to his internship building, he spots a bright colour at the edge of his peripheral vision. It was startling, considering that fact he had never seen colour before, and the colour was warm red. He knew what this meant. He quickly turned around and just before he could chase the colour, his eyes landed on a girl with soft features who was looking right back at him, and suddenly the world was a million shades more vibrant of colours.

 

It was overwhelming and Jiyong felt like fainting because what is air? The beautiful colours surrounding him so suddenly, getting more vibrant each passing second, but he could only focus on the girl, walking to him so gracefully it felt like a dancing of an angel. Jiyong took notice the colour of her everything; her brown hair, her brown eyes, her brown skin, and Jiyong frowns because it’s not brown, it’s something more, and he’s going to learn more about colours because he’s soulmate – Im Yoona was the name – is so much more than just basic primary colours.

 

They managed to get to know each other during the weekend over a cup of coffee. Jiyong could only stare at the beauty in front of him because he now finally understands why the world was black and white as it was before.  He tried to figure out the colour of her; light mocha hair, dark hazelnut eyes, and a warm tan skin that looks like gold sometimes, but he’s pretty sure it’s just him being a love sick fool.

 

“Yoona.” Jiyong breathes out. “Yoona.”

 

Yoona chuckles while looking down. “Jiyong oppa, you can stop saying my name now.”

 

Jiyong continues to stare openly at her, chin on his palm. “I can’t. The colour of each syllable is beautiful.”

 

“Maybe if you stop staring, you can taste it on your tongue.” Yoona looks up shyly, a colour – of pink? Red? Pretty? – dusting both of her cheeks and Jiyong doesn’t understand that colour very well, but he understood the statement and oh.

 

Jiyong stares into Yoona’s eyes and the emotions swimming in there makes his breath hitches. He’s pretty sure he’s blushing right now – blood rush; so it’s red – but he doesn’t really have time to think, not when Yoona suddenly leans in slowly, attracting him closer like a moth drawn to a flame, and places her lips on his.

 


A/N: Soulmates AU! I love soulmates au!~ I wrote this in a span of 1 hour, immediately after I woke up lol, and this was supposed to be longer but I didn't feel like writing the continuation just yet. There might be a sequel (bc that was my original intention) but we'll see ^^ 

PS: I have tumblr and ao3 now. I mostly use tumblr to write bts fics and yeah. Initially i wanted to deacc my aff account and transfer my stories to ao3 or tumblr but then i'm like nah, you guys are the best gyoon readers here <3