Prompt #2

because I love you

Prompt: It’s the middle of winter, it’s snowing, and Person B went out to do some errands and by the time they come back home, they’re so cold to the point they can hardly move. Person A makes them some warm tea, wraps them up in a blanket and holds B in their lap until they warm up.


 

Yoona is currently standing in their living room, fingers drumming and foot tapping insistently against the marble floor. The temperature outside is 6 degrees Celsius. Yoona looks at the clock hanging above the fireplace. Half past four. Where the hell is her husband?

 

Yes, her husband, also known as Kwon Ji Yong has been gone since 11 in the morning due to several errands that needed to be tended. Yoona had persuaded her husband to stay with her at home, to not go out since it's freaking cold but because yoong, the trainees are waiting for me Yoona reluctantly let him go (after bundling him up with numerous scarves and coats) and gave him a warm kiss which her husband had responded a bit too enthusiastically. 

 

They had been married for almost a year now after dating silently for 2 years, and exclusively for a year (which gathered a lot of hate from the haters at first, but then soon they were dubbed as 'The Couple' of South Korea). After the hiatus of their respective groups – they don’t like to call it as disbandment because they will always be regarded as a member of Girls’ Generation/Big Bang – each member continued to pursue their own career paths and some even settling down to start a family and moving forward with what they were restricted of when they were idols.

 

Yoona smiled thinking about her members and friends. Who would have thought they’d make it this far after the end of their idol days. Certainly not her. She wouldn’t have thought in a million years she’d be regarded as one of Korea’s top actresses. Sure she was an okay actress when she was still SNSD’s Yoona (with her fans calling her the best, making her duck her head down in embarrassment because she hasn’t earned that title yet) but now Yoona can proudly accept her title as one of Korea’s Top Actress because she had earned it after so many hard work and failures.

 

By half past 1, Yoona had grew worried because her husband promised he would be back by 1 and he’s already 30 minutes late. Yoona continuously checked the clock in the living and kept reassuring herself that he’s probably really busy with the trainees, composing songs for them and whatnot. But it’s late, and he promised.

 

And it’s a fact that he never breaks his promise.

 

Sighing for the 100 times that afternoon, Yoona went to the kitchen to make some hot tea to keep herself busy. While waiting for the water to be boiled, Yoona put on her playlist of Big Bang and hummed along to the lyrics while bopping her head to the rhythm. While humming along to the song, Yoona thought of her nine sisters and her supposed ‘in-laws’.

 

Among her nine other sisters, Taeyeon, with her angel-like voice and powerhouse vocals, had pursue a solo career in singing and had just recently released her solo album. Hyoyeon and Sunny took another path and debuted as DJ’s now performing for the crowd as DJ Hyo and DJ Sun. Jessica is still as busy as ever with her own brand, going from country to country in search of new materials. Yuri had been busy with acting, both television and cinema based while Sooyoung and Tiffany had gotten their hands into MC-ing award shows and shows that allows them to help new idols to strive. And Seohyun had recently taken interest in theatre and opera hence is working hard at it.

 

The same thing goes for the Big Bang boys, her in-laws as Yoona likes to call them. TOP had continued to act in more dramas similar to Yuri while Taeyang continues to release his solo album making all the fans swoon over his voice. Daesung had work in numerous variety shows alongside his favourite Jaesuk hyung and is now part of the Running Man cast. Seungri continues to focus on singing mainly in Japan while occasionally making appearances as a guest on variety shows because let’s face it, everyone loves Seungri. Lastly, the leader of Big Bang, G-Dragon had definitely continued his passion in singing and composing, releasing hits after hits, and also helping out the YG trainees during his free time.

 

The sudden click of the boiler snapped her into reality and just as Yoona was about to pour the hot water into the teapot she heard the doorbell ring and quickly rushed to the front door. As she opened the door, she found her husband shivering from head to toe with the prominent sound of teeth clattering.

 

“Yah where the hell have you been?!” Yoona scolded while forcing the frozen body of her husband who could hardly move to the fireplace to keep himself warm. After sitting Jiyong down in front of the fireplace, Yoona quickly went to their bedroom and brought out their duvet before wrapping the big bundle around her husband.

 

“S-s-sorry, th-there was tr-traffic a-and the c-car hea-heater bro-broke down.” Jiyong shivered, his body still shivering despite the warmth of the fire.

 

“Aigoo~ You pabo.” Yoona scolded softly while increasing the fire level to warm her husband up. “I’ll bring you some hot tea. You just sit here okay.” Jiyong just nodded.

 

Yoona walked to the kitchen and quickly made some hot tea with the water she just boiled. After letting it cool down for a minute, Yoona brought the hot cup of tea to her husband, blowing at it as she walked towards him.

 

Yoona quickly made herself comfortable beside her husband and continued to stir the hot tea, trying to cool it down. Jiyong just watched her lovingly for the side, warmth spreading throughout his body.

 

“Here, drink some of this.” Yoona handed the warm tea to Jiyong. “Be careful though, it’s still quite hot.” Yoona said concernly.

 

Jiyong took the cup of tea from Yoona’s hands and quickly drank it in one go.

 

Yoona looked at him worriedly. “Are you okay now? Do you need anything else? Do you have a temperature?” Yoona gushed, touching his face and neck to check his body temperature. “Wait here, I’ll go get more warm tea.”

 

Just as Yoona was about to stand up, Jiyong quickly wrapped his hand around her wrist and brought her down to him again.

 

“Don’t go. Stay with me right now. I just want to be close to you, my personal heater~” Jiyong cooed, rubbing his face against her hair, breathing in her scent. Sigh. "You’re so warm baby.”

 

Yoona smile warmly before sitting up straight and bringing her husband’s head down to her lap so that he’ll be lying down. Brushing his hair in a comforting manner, Jiyong sighed contently, eyes fluttering close.

 

And for a moment all that could be heard was the ticking of the clock in the living room and the occasional sounds of cars driving pass their house. Jiyong’s breathing evened out as Yoona continued to brush his hair softly and soon the shivering decreased, much to Yoona’s pleasure. They both sat there just enjoying each other’s presence and warmth.

 

Jiyong sighed. “I’m feeling warm enough already.” He turned to his left side, snuggling more into Yoona’s belly.

 

Yoona chuckled. His husband could be so clingy sometimes but that’s what makes him so endearing. Outside, Jiyong rarely shows this side of him, masking it with the arrogant G-Dragon but only Yoona had the privilege to see this side of G-Dragon, all clingy and adorable, and she treasured every time it happened.

 

“Are you hungry?” Yoona asked, fingers still locked in her husband’s hair. “There’s still some mushroom soup left from this morning. I could heat it up.”

 

“Hmm.” Jiyong replied contently. “No, don’t go. Just hold me baby.” He muttered softly, eyes falling close.

 

For a moment the silence continued, with Yoona still playing with Jiyong’s hair and fixing the blankets around him.

 

“Baby.” Jiyong said, face snuggling into Yoona’s warmth. “Talk to me. I want to be soothed by your voice.”

 

Yoona laughed softly. “What do you want me to talk about Ji?”

 

“Anything. Just anything.” Jiyong replied and then continued. “What happened while I was out?”

 

“Oh the usual. Seo baby called me again, she and Seungri are having a hard time with the twins. Although she did sounded a lot better than last month, but she’s still sour over the fact that Seungri still can’t recognized who is who between the twins.” Yoona giggled softly. Who would have thought that the two maknaes would be the first out of SoshiBang to have kids?

 

“Oh.” Jiyong chuckled softly. “Typical maknae. I’ll make sure to give him a hard flick on the forehead next time I meet him.” 

 

“And also Jess unnie called. She had a meeting today regarding her brand’s future and she was talking excitedly over the phone. Turns out, she’s going to be expanding her branch outside of Asia now!” Yoona exclaimed, hands clapping happily. “And oh my gosh, just now Taeyeon unnie called and she kept complaining that she’s been having morning sickness and weird midnight cravings. I told her to go to the doctors to confirmed things out.”

 

“She’s definitely pregnant Yoong.” Jiyong replied, eyes still closed.

 

“Well that’s what I thought too but I didn’t want to get unnie’s hopes up in case it turns out to be plain old food poisoning. Besides, she just released her album, maybe she's just stressed out.” Yoona clarified with a sigh. “But if unnie’s pregnant, she’s going to be the best mum in the world.” Yoona sighed, thinking back to the memories when they were still in SNSD and the times when the Kid Leader would take good care of her amidst the rough times.

 

“Yeah she will.” Jiyong mumbled, slowly falling asleep, with Yoona’s voice soothing him into dreamland.

 

“Oh!” Yoona exclaimed suddenly. “I skyped with TOP oppa and Fany unnie today! They just reached Paris around 10 in the morning and they were jumping excitedly around the airport. Turns out their seat is exactly beside Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt and they chattered with them throughout the whole journey.” Yoona chuckled, shaking her head at the antics of her unnie and oppa. “I swear they’re so childish, especially TOP oppa, but no one complements him perfectly than Fany unnie. They’re such a great pair, both so cute around each other!” 

 

Yoona continued to talk about the remnants of the afternoon, with wild hand gestures and occasional squealing.

 

Yoona looked down at her husband and noticed he was already sleeping soundly, nested between her lap. Yoona chuckled at the sight and planted a kiss on his forehead. He must really be exhausted Yoona thought. And it’s true, G-Dragon is known for his capability to work himself to death and continuously working on auto-pilot when it comes to composing new music.

 

Even though G-Dragon is technically no longer under YG in terms of contracts, but he’s still close with the YG papa and continuously writes songs for the new trainees. But asking G-Dragon to come to the company to have a talk with the new trainees when it’s 6 degrees outside is just ridiculous even though her husband would never object to it. Yoona opts to have a talk with the YG papa himself because making G-Dragon come to work in this whether and leaving behind his wife is just ridiculous even though her husband would never object to his favourite sajangnim.

 

Yoona placed a pillow under Jiyong’s head in replace of her lap, and quickly lay down and made herself comfortable beside her husband. Yoona laid her head down on Jiyong's arm and quickly snuggled closely into his chest. With a final I love you Ji Yoona drifted off to sleep next to her husband.

 

And just like that the two spent their afternoon sleeping, surrounded by each other’s embrace and blanketing themselves around each other’s warmth, away from the coldness outside. It was just the two of them in their own world, moulding themselves to fit each other perfectly. They were intertwined. 

 

They always have been.


 

A/N: Lol sorry for the short-ish update. (it's 2000 words less than the previous one.) But yeah, couldn't do much with the prompt given so it's kinda boring even for me lol. But nevertheless I enjoyed writing out the prompt and can't wait to start writing the next one~