Top's past

1 AM 새벽한시

 

Dara touched her lips, her heart beating fast and her face flushed as she ran out of her room.

Why.. am i feeling this way... she thought to herself. She hasnt had much experience being in love, the only time she has felt this way before is whenever her oppa hugged and kissed her, but it has turned out that way... being beaten up and scolded everyday. She was so immersed in her thoughts, she didnt even realise it when she was already at Bom's door. 

"Eunnie, are you alright?" Minzy said, patting on Dara's shoulder. Dara startled at the touch and the image of Jiyong leaning towards her appeared in her mind. She shook her head hard in an attempt to get those images out of her head. 

"Are you sick Eunnie?! Oppa, come help Dara eunnie in!!" Minzy yelled as held on to Dara. Trust Minzy to kick up a fuss... "I am perfectly ok, Minzy!" Dara said, propped herself up and tried to cover Minzy's mouth to soften her voice, hoping Daesung will not come running.

As Dara and Minzy stepped into the house, Dara could hear faint sobbing from next door. "That stupid girl, where did she bring my grandchild to!" It was her mother in law. She sighed, glad that she made it out of there. It's not good for Haru to get berated everyday.

The two of the looked around in the house, Bom eunnie and Daesung isn't home. There is a few more hours before Dara has to fetch Haru from school. Minzy pulled her eunnie to the couch,"Lets watch this horror romance story together eunnie!" 

"I better not-" 

Minzy had already slipped the DVD into the DVD machine and the tv. The show was about two lovers who died while trying to be together and they are trying to haunt whoever that separated them.

The two girls hugged each other tightly, Dara covered most of her face with a cushion while Minzy covered her eyes with her hands for about 90% of the movie, and behind those hands, her eyes was squinted, so she practically did not watched the show at all. 

There was a scene when the lead couple looked into each other eyes deeply and the lead man said to the lady, "I can feel your heart beating fast and your face feels hot to the touch.. I want you so bad.." Dara covered her dongseng's eyes at the scene.

"Eunnie! Wae!!" Minzy struggled to push away Dara's hands.

Dara grabbed the remote control from the table and quickly switched off the tv, not wanting to ruin innocent Minzy's mind. "Its too scary!! For you!!"

"Eunnie.. I am not even afraid! You are a scaredy cat~" Minzy said smugly.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jiyong lives with his (adopted) brother, Top in a modern looking duplex situated in South Korea's priciest area, Gangnam district. 

Top personally picked all the furnitures and basically each and every decor. He is a perfectionist when it comes to furnitures, he expects nothing less than the very best. Jiyong usually brings girls over, hence Top stays in the second floor. He sets a strict routine for himself and is obsessed with cleanliness hence he does all of the cleaning. Most of the time he is like a father to Jiyong, an actual father, who cares about him and nags at him about his dirty clothes lying around the house.  

"Yah Hyung!" Jiyong said as he threw a perfect looking apple; no nicks, red as blood, perfectly rounded to his hyung, who was standing on the steps of the duplex.

Top caught the apple easily and bit in it, making a crisp crunchy sound. He proceeded down the stairs and placed an arm over his dongseng's shoulder and allowed him to take a bite. 

"How did the selection of candidate go yesterday?" Top asked Jiyong, raising a brow.

"Well, they were mostly underqualified or didnt have the looks, so i only managed to pick one. " Jiyong didnt dare to make eye contact with his hyung, he was afraid Top may get angry if he knew Jiyong ran out halfway during the selection process. Top nodded, but he sensed that Jiyong seems to be hiding something.. 

"If there is anything, you can let me know.. arrasso?"

"Arasso hyung.. stop trying to act like appa..." Jiyong muttered.

Top frowned at the comment. There is nobody he hates more than Yang sajangnim. 

The man who had adopted Top not because he liked Top...

 

Yang hyun suk took out a long cane. He held the cane in one of his hand and lightly hit his other hand. He walked in a circle around Top, who was held down to a kneeling position by 2 men. Top knew what was going to come... This wasnt his first time getting his punishment, possibly his 9th time. He stared at the cane, his knees showed scars from this thing that he hates so much. 

Why? 

Yang Hyun Suk found out that Top went out to play for 15 minutes. Previously it was because Top stole a cookie from the then 9 years old Jiyong. (Top is 6 years older than Jiyong in this story) 

"I keep you here, teach you and feed you... And is this how you repay me?!" He hit Top with the cane hard, flunging the thin cane onto Top's skin. 

Red, thin marks are left on Top's skin. Some you could see the flesh has split open slightly, exposing light pink dermis. Top winced in pain, but unable to move. He's eyes watered as he felt a strong pulsating pain through his body. He had to bite his lips in order not to scream in pain. 

"You are here for a reason. One reason only. To look after the company till Jiyong can succeed."  Yang sajangnim said as he turned around, throwing the cane on the floor.

Top hated Jiyong then, but once he got to know Jiyong more, he understood that they are two different individuals, he shouldnt hate Jiyong just because he hates Yang Hyun Suk. 

 

Top clenches his jaw. Jiyong looks up at his hyung.. and he hit his forehead with his hand..