Protect

1 AM 새벽한시

"Ka ja!" Jiyong said as he grabbed Dara's thin wrist. 

"I have to go back to class! Aish!! Classes are ending!! " She replied angrily after looking at the time on her watch.

 Aish, this guy.. after doing a crazy dance, now he wants to bring me somewhere? Dara started to panick. He isnt a  is he?!

Jiyong knocked on Dara's forehead, "Aigoo, what are you thinking? You look so dumb." He chuckled at Dara who seemed to be day dreaming and started to tug at the hems of her skirt down. "Can i ask you something?" He stopped and waited for a reaction from Dara, who just bit her lip.

"Why are you a single mother..?" He regretted his words immediately after they came out of his mouth. "Wait, dont answer that. Let's go.... I want to meet Haru."

Dara froze at his insensitivity. She hates to be reminded of that man. Haru....? She remembered how that man slapped Haru. How that man hit Haru's arm till there were bruises all over.

Not thinking straight, she blurted out," Why should I bring you to meet her? I dont even know you all that well." She turned to walk away. with briny tears welling up in her eyes.

Jiyong's mouth opened slightly. He knew he was at fault to ask her these, but he really wants to know, and he feels that he has to meet Haru... and he doesn't even like children. But why does she have to be so protective? Her comment really hurt him, saying that she doesnt even know him? That just wounded him. He ruffled his hair slightly and let out a dejected sigh. 

What is wrong with her?

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

"How did Dara fare today?" Top raised his brow as he peeked into the now empty meeting room and asked the trainer sorting out some papers.

"Ne Bujang-nim...She was only in class for a short 15 minutes.. before some guy dragged her out of the class..." The trainer replied worriedly.

"What guy?"

"I am not sure.... He grabbed her too quickly for me to note.."

Top furrowed his brows as he fumbled to take out his phone to call Bom.

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Dara felt weak in her knees, it was as if all blood had drained from her body. She was having flashbacks from the past, scary scary images flooded her mind. 

 

 

 

Dara was shivering, she curled up like a ball in the corner of the house, with Haru's head lying on her tummy. She covered Haru's ears as the man screamed at them. He was waving a razor sharp knife infront of Dara's face. He had threatened to hurt them with it and Dara knew he wasnt just kidding.. This man, he is crazy. As he brought the knife closer to Haru, in defense, she tried to hit the knife out of his hands, but landed up with a sharp horizontal cut across her hand. She flinched in pain but still held Haru close to her. The man leaned it with the tip of the knife against her neck and muttered, "Thats all.. for today.." 

 


 

Her breathing quickened. "urgh" She heaved as she held on to the walls of the building, trying to push herself up but she just couldnt, she seemed to not have any strength, and felt as if she was somewhat floating.

Just as she was about to fall, a strong, masculine arm caught her. She tried to open her eyes, but the bright lights were blinding her. 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

"Bom-shi, Dara-shi is with me in the hospital -" Top said softly on the phone. 

"NE?! Why is she in the hospital Omo!!" 

"The doctor said she is dehydrated and has mild hypertension.. but nothing-"

"IS SHE GOING TO DIE?! MIANHAE DONGSENG! I WILL LOOK AFTER-" Bom cried loudly through the phone.

Top squirmed at the loud voice over the phone and yelled back, "SHE IS FINE!"

Bom had forgotten she was talking to her bujang nim. But he sounded so agitated, not like the usual cool boss he is. 

"Bom-shi, i will take good care of Dara-shi okay, you dont have to worry. I will protect her." He mumbled as he ended the call. 

"EH!! wait! what about Haru then?" Top had already ended the call thus he did not hear Bom mention Haru's name. Maybe I shouldnt have said that... I dont think he knows.. Bom pondered. 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

"Hyung?" Jiyong threw his keys on the couch from the door. "Bullseye!" He clicked his tongue and switched on the lights. 

Usually hyung should be home by now.. Maybe he is upstairs working on some project again.. He climbed up the stairs, thinking he would see Top working hard in the study room again. He looked around the rooms, nope, Top is definitely not home. Maybe he went out with Seungri then.. I better call him..

Jiyong leaped onto the couch in a swift move, took out his phone and dialled Top's number. He placed his dirty feet on Top's precious coffee table, something his Hyung will  never let him do to his furnitures. 

"Ne, Jiyong ah?" Top tried to speak softly as he gently shifted himself in the chair, as Dara was still sleeping beside him.

"Hyung, eodiya?" Jiyon asked him while switching through channels on the television. 

"I am at the University Hospital.. My friend is sick." Top whispered.

Just as Jiyong was about to reply, a soft murmur came out from Dara. "Where am i..?" Dara muttered as she rubbed her eyes. It was soft but Jiyong heard it. 

"Hyung? Who's there?" He questioned his brother after hearing the voice of a female. He has never seen Top with any woman, let alone having any female friends. 

"My friend... I will call you back-"

"Water.. J-Juseyo.." Dara croaked with her hoarse voice, she looks severely dehydrated even with the IV drip attached.

Jiyong wrinkled his forehead... It sounds like Dara. But why would his hyung be with Dara? Jiyong was about to ask more when the line was cut off. 

I should just go and check it out...

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

"Bom ahjumma, whats wrong with omma?" Bom had went to the school to fetch Haru instead. 

"Eh... She will be fine, she just didnt want to pass the virus to you ya?" Bom ruffled Haru's hair. She was so worried about Dara, she didnt even mind Haru calling her ahjumma now. 

"Arasso! Hopefully omma will get better soon!" Haru smiled as she ran a few steps ahead. 

Top-bujang nim and Dara alone... aish.. what if Top-shi falls in love with Dara?! Should I just go to the hospital and stop them? She knows she shouldnt feel this way and praying Dara will get better soon is the priority now, but she cant help but feel jealous, Top hasnt even showed that much concern for her in the past 2 years..

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Dara had fallen asleep again. Dara's lips looks really dry and cracked. The nurses wanted to help Dara wet her lips, but Top had instructed them to leave the room. He had admitted her into a first class ward. Top dabbed her lips gently with a wet towel as he overheard the nurses' chat outside the room.

"Aigoooo, i wished i can have such a good boyfriend!" Nurse 1 said.

"Are you crazy, you are already married!" Nuse 2 replied, "But he's really so handsome!!"

Top frowned as he saw Dara stirred slightly in her sleep. He got up, looking deadly as he headed to the nurses station.

"Look, i know this job is tiring, but i dont think you guys are being paid to talk here. But if you want to, at least try not to disturb the patient." 

Top turned to shut the door, but someone was pushing it open from the other side. He loosen his grip on the door and opened it.

It was Bom trying to squeeze through the gap.

"Bujang nim.. How is she? The nurses outside looks kinda weird.."

"She's still really dehydrated.. Is there anything she is stressed about recently?" Top asked as he stared at the peacefully sleeping Dara.

"Er.. i dont think so.." Bom bit her lip, "Maybe you should go... I can stay and look after her!" She responded looking slightly guilty; she knew Dara has been stressed over some money problems. She tried to shoved Top out of the door with every ounce of her strength, but Top was definitely too sturdy, plus, he gripped the doorway.

"Yah yah! Bom-shi! I will go, stop pushing me! Just make sure to call me later when Dara-shi wakes up alright?" He furrowed his brows, with a face full of worry. Bom nodded her head, "See you at work tomorrow Bujang nim!"

"Do you need a day off-" 

"BAM!" The door shuts infront of Top's face. 

As he turned around, he saw the nurses giggling at him. Top shook his head and ruffled his hair. 

Aish... Do i not hold any authority anymore? Top wondered, scratching his head as he headed to the carpark.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

"Is there a Park Dara admitted in the hospital?" Jiyong asked breathlessly as soon as he reached in reception.

"Ne..." The receptionist typed something into her computer furiously as Jiyong tapped his fingers on the counter. 

"Mianhae sir, no Park Dara, just a Ms. Sandara Park in ward 18A, but she is not-"

Before the receptionist could continue, Jiyong sprinted once again towards the ward mentioned. 

Are you okay, Dara... please.. dont die.. like omma... He broke into tears as he bolted up the stairs...