Start of Something New

1 AM 새벽한시

"Dara-shi? Dara shi?" The senior stewardess who was also the trainer for cabin crew trainees waved her hands at Dara. She was deep in thoughts about getting money for Haru's tuition fees. The training was held in a small meeting room, there is about 8 people sitting around the round table, including Dara.

"Ne?!" Dara suddenly sat up with jolt and a shocked expression. The rest of the class laughed at her, making Dara's face turn tomato red as she sat down quickly croaking "Mianhae..".

"I need your kind attention, Dara-shi, you can leave your day dreaming to later, arrasso? As I was saying, you have to remember-"

"Yah! I will get in myself, stop pushing!" Everyone in the class turned to the door. A beautiful blonde haired Korean lady with sharp, thick black eyeliner stood by the door. She didnt look very happy as Jiyong is shoving her into the class. 

"Bujang nim, this is?" The teacher asked Jiyong while eyeing the 1.62m beauty. 

Before Jiyong could answer, she introduced herself confidently. 

"Hello everyone, Lee Chaerin imida, please call me CL for short. I will be joining the class from today onwards." She bowed slightly, as she made her way to the empty seat at back of the room.

Aigooo... CL-shi speaks english and korean so fluently.. And shes so pretty... Dara thought, looking at CL in awe.

Jiyong was just about to leave when he spotted Dara looking all starry eyed. He smirked as he went into the class and yanked her out of the class. Dara struggled and tried to hold on to the door, "Yah!! Yahhhhhh!!" .

Everyone in the class looked up at them, dumbfounded at the sight, except CL, who crossed her arms and read the notes written on the board. I have an important task at hand, i must focus, she thought.

"Eh, i will be borrowing her for a minute." He casually waved at the trainer and unlatched Dara from the door...

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Bom looked intently at Top from her desk.

Luckily Top-oppa didnt pull his privacy blinds today.. Wonder if Top-oppa has had his morning coffee yet.. Maybe i should go to the pantry now and brew some..

Just as she was lost in thoughts, the phone on her desk rang, scaring her. "Omo!!!" She picked up the phone panickly. 

"Yeoboseyo, Seungri imida, I am looking for Top-shi." Seungri's voice slightly trembled.

"Ne. I will transfer the line to him now." She pressed a few buttons on the phone to inform Top of the incoming call.

"Okay, thank you Bom-shi." Top answered. 

She observed Top, who picked up the phone looking fine at first, but started to furrow his brows and looking slightly vexed.

What could Seungri-shi have said to make our calm and cool Top look so annoyed? I thought they were good friends? Bom rubbed her chin as she continued staring at Top.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Mianhae.. " Dara whispered to a man apologetically as the man ran away at full speed.  

Jiyong had muttered "If you value your job, get lost." at the man, making him give up his table in the crowded Rise's cafeteria.

"Wae!! You are such a brat, you know that?!" Dara yelled at him, pulling his ears as if Jiyong was a little boy. Jiyong winced in pain, "Oww!"

"Why did you even bring me here? I am going back to class this instant!" Dara said as she turned to walk away. 

"We are on a date! Dont you know that?" 

"YAH!!" Dara's eyes widened, "Since when did I say i would go on a date with you? You little-"

*Grrrrrr* Dara's stomach rebelled against her. It growled loudly. Dara hit her stomach and gritted her teeth as Jiyong pulled her arm. 

"I think your stomach is saying yes to the date." He tried to control his smile but he just couldnt, this girl is so comical. He bit his lip and let out a small chuckle. 

Dara rolled his eyes at him.. Aish!! You have let me down! You, you are going to get a beating from me tonight! She muttered under her breath as she punched her stomach once more. If only she hadnt scrimped on her meals to pay Haru's fees.. Then surely she wouldnt be stuck in this kind of situation...

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jiyong's jaw dropped as he gawked at Dara slurping up her 3rd bowl of naengmyeon. She has also eaten all of the side dishes, while Jiyong has barely started on his naengmyeon. 

"Ahh!!" Dara let out a satisfied breath as she gulped down her last mouthful of soup. She turned to look at those piercing brown eyes staring at her.

"Wae?" She asked.

"For a girl your size.. I am utterly shocked..."

"Hmm.... Because I havent had noodles in some time..." Dara has accidentally blurted out the truth. She looked down at the table, hating herself for that. She feels so vulnerable right now, and she hates sounding weak. She tried to change the subject. "Haru would like it here..."

"Haru?" Jiyong raised his brow. Could it be.. her daughter?

"Ne, my precious baby. " Dara smiled sweetly as an image of Haru slurping down noodles appeared in her mind.

Jiyong's heart felt a pang of sadness; Dara is taken, and she has a daughter that seems to mean the world to her.

"I know what you are thinking..." Dara guessed, but she's wrong. "You pity me as a single mother dont you?"

Single? Did I hear it wrong? Single mother? Jiyong furrowed his brows. "You said you are a single mother?" 

"Ne.. I thought you knew, thats why you hired me right?" Dara asked with a confused expression acorss her face.

Jiyong grinned widely...Heh heh... I have a chance! He punched his fist in mid air and did a victory dance, with all eyes in the cafeteria staring at him. 

Dara, bewildered by Jiyong's weird actions, felt embarassed and hid her tomato red face behind the cafeteria menu she was holding.