Dreams

1 AM 새벽한시

"B-but.. " Jiyong's appa slapped him across the face. Jiyong touched his warm face and ran out of the house.

This is why his surname is Kwon instead of Yang; he took up his omma's surname instead since young, after she died.

Jiyong rubbed his eyes awake and felt his face. He could still feel that pain.

He scurried down the stairs to the living room in his pyjamas.

"Morning Hyung!" Jiyong greeted Top.

Top scrunched his face, he did not get a good night's sleep as he had been thinking about the mysterious girl all night long. 

"What's wrong Hyung?" 

"Nothing.. Just didnt sleep well last night."

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"HOW COULD YOU BE TOO TIRED TO PREPARE BREAKFAST?!" Dara's horrible mother in law screamed at Dara. 

Dara kneeled infront of her and kept saying Mianhae. Haru hid behind the sliding door of their room, peering at her omma getting scolded. To her, nothing else in the world is as important as her omma. 

"Mianhae.... I have to bring Haru to school now.. Mianhae..."

Dara quickly shoved Haru out of the door.

"This good for nothing woman..." the evil mother in law muttered.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Yah!! Let me go teach that woman a lesson Noona!!!" Daesung carried a pot in his hand again, as Minzy and Bom shook their head.

They had heard Dara being reprimanded again.

Bom looked around the house, maybe we can make some space....

"Daesung, Minzy, do you guys mind being squeezy?" Bom eunnie asked her dongsengs. 

Minzy widen her eyes in shock while Daesung nodded his head furiously. 

"I have an idea..." Bom said grinning. Minzy could feel something bad was coming her way... She hates sharing!

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Jiyong, you will be incharge of selecting and interviewing the applicants." Mr. Yang Hyun Suk said firmly, looking at Jiyong. 

"Jiyong? Jiyong?" Taeyang nudged Jiyong, who was daydreaming about what happened that night when he was drunk. Why did he feel like he had to find the girl again? why?

"Wae?!" Jiyong shouted, pushing Taeyang off. 

ERR hmm, Mr. Yang coughed, trying to save his own face infront of the other shareholders and executives. 

"I am sure Jiyong has no problem with that... Right Jiyong?" Top helped his dongseng out.

Jiyong nodded his head, hoping it would clear all the Dara faces in his mind.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Dara was searching for jobs online when she saw a recruitment drive for air stewardesses for Rise Airlines.

"3 MILLION WON PER MONTH?!" She said outloud, before all the other users in the internet cafe shushed her. She mouthed Mianhe before turning back to look at the poster.

24 November.. It is 23th November, the recruitment day is just tomorrow, Dara gasped. 3 Million won... sounds little for someone like Top or Jiyong, but to Dara, it meant she would have enough to pay off the monthly installments, and she wouldnt have to stress so much about money anymore.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bom dragged Haru and Dara into her house.

"Did you bring your suitcases?!" She questioned them.

The mother and daughter nodded at the same time. 

"Great... You guys can stay here from now on. Our kind Daesungie gave up his room!" Bom pushed open Daesung's room door and revealed a simple, clean room.

The two girls went ooooh and ahhhh at the sight of their new room. Haru was exploring the room when Dara pulled Bom over to a corner.

"Eunnie! I feel really bad about this! What if the couch is not comfortable enough for Dae-" 

"Dont worry! You can stay here as long as you like! Daesung said its ok!" Bom assured Dara.

The two of them eyes Daesung standing at the door, looking awkward. He gave an awkward wave to Dara.

"Thank you so much Daesung!" Dara held his hands and tried to hold back tears.

"Noona! Please dont be so formal with me!" Daesung blushed.

"I cant thank you enough! Is there anything you need me to do?" Dara asked, putting her hair back. 

"hmmm... Noona.... can you... go ... on a ... date with me?" Daesung stuttered and went red in the face. 

"Daesung, I cant-"

"Yah! you guys can go! Minzy and I will look after Haru!! Have fun have fun!!" Bom said, shoving the two of them out of the door.

Minzy looked up at Bom eunnie and tried to act as if she was very busy.

Dara smiled awkwardly and cursed Bom in her heart. She knew Dara wasnt ready for another relationship. Moreover, date a dongseng, her dongseng!

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Boring boring boring!" Exclaimed Jiyong as he sat at the bar of a club with two beautiful ladies beside him. Taeyang rolled his eyes at Jiyong, then stood up and went to get a drink for him. 

One of the girls sat on his lap while the other played with his tie. Jiyong was staring at the dance pool of the club while he saw Dara and Daesung walk past him. 

He squinted and rubbed his eyes. Isnt this the girl from that night? He eyed on them while they were getting a drink and signalled Taeyang to get those women off him.

"Noona.. what do you like to eat?" Daesung asked intently.

"Hmmm.. Naengmyeon!" She replied, finishing her whole bottle of beer. 

"My favourite is Kimchi jjigae!" Daesung said, without Dara even asking. 

"Yeah... Okay." Dara zoned out while Daesung just kept talking. She was thinking about whether she should go for the interview tomorrow. 

"Hey" Jiyong stuck his hand out infront of Dara and waved at her.

"Who are you, why are you talking to my noona!" Daesung pushed Jiyong. 

Dara's head was spinning thanks to the beer. She knew it was a wrong move to drink that much beer considering she is such a light drinker.

" Noisy.. so noisy.." she said as she slowly lowered her head on the counter.

"Dara noona?"

"Yah! Your name is Dara?" Jiyong poked his finger at Dara.

Daeung got defensive of his noona and shoved Jiyong, while Jiyong just wagged his finger. Daesung threw a high kick at Jiyong, only to have Taeyang caught his leg. 

"Let go of my leg!!!"

Taeyang flung his leg, causing him to fall. Everyone in the club, especially Jiyong was grabbing their stomach, laughing. 

Daesung felt humiliated by Jiyong and Taeyang, his ears turning tomato red. 

He turned to face Dara, only to see she wasnt lying her head on the bar counter anymore. 

"Dara noona!! Where are you?!" He shouted as he shoved people aside on his way out.

"Eh? Where did she go?" Jiyong asked Taeyang, who just shrugged.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"My head hurts!" Dara shook her head hard and she got even dizzier.

Two guys walked past Dara, who was sitting by the road, feeling nauseous and uncomfortable.

The two men saw Dara's pretty face and they surrounded Dara, trying to peel off her clothes since she was so drunk.

"YAH! WHAT ARE YOU TWO B*STARDS DOING TO HER?!" Jiyong screamed and ran towards Dara. 

The two men, in shock, ran away. Jiyong wanted to chase after them but then he saw Dara motionless on the floor.

"Are you alright?" He asked concernly. 

Dara looked up, her face stained with tears. 

Jiyong carried her up, one hand under her knees and another behind her back to her shoulders. 

Dara looked up to see Jiyong struggling to hold her up, he was gritting his teeth just trying to balance himself. It was the first time someone carried her like this. She buried her face in Jiyong's chest, hoping she could stay there forever. 

"This yeoja..." Jiyong muttered as he looked down on Dara. He felt a pang of sadness and there was nothing more in the world he wanted to do than to protect this frail girl..

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Noona! Where did you go! I was so worried about you!" Daesung said, grabbing Dara from Jiyong's arms.

Jiyong bit his lip, he walked so fast, he hardly had time to look at Dara.

As soon as Daesung grabbed Dara, she stood up. "I can walk now..." 

"Come on, I will give you a ride home." Jiyong motioned to Dara and Daesung, pointing at the car which Taeyang is in. 

As soon as Dara got in the back seat, Jiyong jumped in, sitting with Dara at the back. Daesung quickly pushed and squeezed in between Dara and Jiyong, making all 3 of them feeling cramped. Dara looked out of the window, thinking why did this annoying man carry her...