The meeting

1 AM 새벽한시

"Good bye Bom ahjumma!" waved Haru and Dara. They lived next to each other. Technically, Dara's mother in law lived next to Bom.

Bom looked at Dara's sad expression as she and Haru step into that cold, cruel looking house and sighed. She wish Dara and Haru could stay in her house, but her house is really full, with her 2 siblings - Minzy and Daesung.

"YAH! WHY ARE YOU BACK SO LATE? YOU WANT ME TO STARVE TO DEATH?!" the old lady screamed at Dara and Haru.

"Mianhae... will bring you dinner.. soon.. Please rest.. in your bed..." Dara stammered in fright. 

The old lady stomped into a room and shut the door hard. Dara brought Haru close to her, with tears clouding her eyes, she whispered," Honey, go to your room and finish your homework alright.. Omma will cook dinner for you and granny.. and i will have to leave for work, mianhae..."

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Yah! That old lady! Bullying my sweet Dara noona again!" Daesung called out as he leaned his ear close to the walls.

Bom shook her head. Poor Dara.. She still has to work night shifts as a security guard in the Rise Airlines building. Daesung suddenly stood up and in his hand is a frying pan. He was just about to 'rescue' his beloved noona when Bom tripped him with her leg. 

"Just eat. Mind your own business." She muttered.

Daesung begged Bom to let him go. "Noona!! I cant see Dara noona suffer everyday! I just cant bear to!" "Yah! I am her best friend.. Even i cant help her with her family matters.. you think you can?" Silence filled the living room. Daesung gave Bom his cute puppy eyes and went back to his room. 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Jaljayo!" Dara nodded politely to the last batch of office workers leaving the building.

The security post was nothing but a small table in the middle of the lobby of the building. She had a small desk light and some files she had to go through. She likes her job, as it is quiet in the night and she is able to do the work from her day job here. She works in another company as a clerk, and was concentrating on writing her report for her boss when she heard sounds of glass shattering in the end of the lobby.  

"Eh?" She furrowed her brows and checked her watch, it was 1am. She decided to walk to where the sound came from. 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Yah! I said let me kiss you!" Jiyong's arm was on a girl, presumably someone from the office. The girl shyed away from his kiss, " You are drunk, sajangnim!" and tried to push him away as gently as possible, afraid to offend her boss. 

"Yah! I will fire you if you dont!" An intoxicated Jiyong yelled and vomited on the floor. He almost kissed the girl with his dirty lips. The girl pushed him away and tried to let Jiyong lean on the wall, but he just wouldnt stand. She felt disgusted and wanted to leave him immediately.

"What's going on there?" Dara squinted her eyes at the scene.

"Come here! I have to go now!" The lady hung Jiyong's arm on Dara and quickly ran off. "yah! yah M'am!" Dara shouted to the lady but she had already gone far.

Omo... Dara gasped. 

She looked at the floor, dirtied. As she was about to shake Jiyong awake, he made retching sounds, and was about to vomit. Dara quickly dragged him to her desk, despite Jiyong struggling and trying to kiss her, she managed to drag and pull him on her chair.

She grabbed a mop from the storage rooms and went to mop up the mess when she heard Jiyong scolding her at the other end of the lobby.

"Michyeosseo ahjumma! I will-" Dara had stuffed some tissues in his mouth. That will shut you up! She smirked.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Omo.. Where am I? In the office?" Jiyong rubbed his eyes awake. It was now 7am. Dara had just left, the whole night she sat on the floor, typing away. Before she left, she placed a note on her desk, where Jiyong was still sit-sleeping.  

Hi. You reek of alcohol. You should probably shower. My locker number is 52, code is 98712, you may use my towel and shower necessities to freshen up.

ps: your breath stinks so bad!

Jiyong crushed the note in his hand, angry that whoever left him the note said his breath was stinky! He grabbed his suit jacket and stomped angrily to the locker rooms and opened the locker using Dara's code. When he swung open the locker door, the locker was decorated with many photos of Dara and Haru playing happily. 

"Woah..." Jiyong said in awe. He had never seen anyone put in that much  effort in decorating a room, let alone a locker. He was interested in knowing more about this person...

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Hyung! Hyung!" Jiyong pulled Top's arm. Top turned around and raised a brow to look at his brother, who was wearing yesterday's clothes.

"Hyung, do you-you know who uses locker 52?" Jiyong looked at Top and bent his back with his hands on his knee. 

"Wae?" Top asked his brother. He was usually not as cold to his brother as today, but he was a germophobic and did not feel like talking to his brother who was wearing dirty clothes. 

Jiyong noticed Top hyung staring at his shirt and nodded quickly. " Ya ya, i will go back and change now hyung-nim!" He saluted Top cheekily and ran off to find Taeyang. Taeyang hyung will definitely check it out for me! He smiled happily like a kid who is given candy.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Dara couldnt stop thinking about the man who was drunk last night during her shift. She smiled to herself and thought, i wonder what would happen to that guy when he reads my note..  She shook her head. I must think about Haru more! Not that crazy drunk!
Little did she know Jiyong would get so mad at her!

"Dara-shi, Boss would like to see you in the office." Her colleague nudged her. 

"Neh..!" As she wondered what Boss would want from her...

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"If i help you find out who that person is, what will i get?" Young Bae smiled cheekily, rubbing his hands together. 

"Please Hyung!! I will give you a week off? Introduce you to stewardesses? Give you a kiss??" Jiyong clasped his hands together and begged YoungBae, while pouting to him. 

"Arrasso arrasso! Just dont kiss me yah!" Young Bae put his hands on his hips and gave an angry expression. Jiyong nodded and offered to help Young Bae carry his arm... which was weird as they linked arms in the office.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Bom.... i c-cant.... believe.... i... was... re-retrenched... " Dara sobbed to Bom on the phone.

"How could they! You are the most hardworking, most efficient staff there! I will come and scold-"

"How.. am i supposed to...look after.. Haru...without money..?" Dara sniffled.

Bom curled her hand into a fist and hit her head.

"I will think of something for you! I will!" Bom said, clenching her jaw.

"Its okay eunnie... I dont want to bother you with such trivial things.." Dara hung up the call.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"I found out who she is, Yongie!" Young Bae jumped up and down in excitement, with his laptop in his hands.

"Oh...She is a security guard..." He frowned upon reading the details. 

Jiyong, who had turned around in excitement, his face fell. "Continue reading Hyung! Why did you stop?"

"She has a daughter, Yongie. Dont need to continue.. on such details.. right?" Young Bae's voice croaked. He was afraid Jiyong would do something stupid. 

"Wae? I only wanted to thank her for the towel and bath stuff!" Jiyong defended himself.

"If you say so..." Young Bae hid his face behind the laptop, but secretly looked at Jiyong, who looked like he was about to cry.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Dara shrugged her shoulders, carrying a heavy box filled with her stuff. She walked out of the building she worked in and turned up to get a good view of the skyscraper. "Annyeong..." she whispered. 

"Yah! Watch it!" Dara had bumped into someone while looking up. "Mianhae.."  The guy turned to face Dara, omo.. what a pretty girl! He tried to stop Dara in her tracks and kept blocking her way. Dara looked distressed and tried to shun him but he just kept following her. 

Top who was waiting for his friend Seungri outside the building saw what happened. He usually minded his own business, but not sure why he just decided to help the damsel in distress. 

"Please stop harassing her." Top held up the guy's arm just as he was about to touch Dara. 

"Wae, why do you care. Go away, its none of your business!" The man tried to shove Top but Top was too strong to budge.

Top glared at him and turned to Dara. "She is my girlfriend. So, get lost! If not, prepared to meet my fists..." Top slowly pulled out his hand from his pocket to show that his hand has curled into a fist. The man kicked the ground and turned to walk away.

"Mianhae.. I called you my girlfriend." Top said nervously and ruffled his hair. 

"It's okay.. Thank you for saving me and sorry for the trouble sir!" Dara bowed to Top.

"You can call me Top! Nice to meet you...?"

"Dara! Sandara Park." She put out her hand for Top to shake.

"Really thankful to you, Top-shi! Hope to see you again!" Dara bowed once again and smiled to Top. 

"Neh..? It's really okay. Do you want to get some drinks -" Top had yet to finish his sentence, but Dara had already walked off.

Top looked at the ground, feeling sad that he did not even get the chance to talk much to her.

When will I see you again... thought Top... I really hope to see you again...