I'm yours forever

Sing to me the melody of your heart

Word count:1264

Rating: PG

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to Woozi's birthday ♥ // this is also the final JiCheol chapter in this story


 

It was a chilly November day, and Seungcheol was waiting for Jihoon. It was Jihoon's birthday today, and Seungcheol had arranged a date for them. Seungcheol was wearing a charcoal grey coat, a white button-up, a pair of black fitted jeans, and Timberland boots. His hair was styled, and he had a bouquet of flowers in his hand. He wanted to always look his best for Jihoon, especially today, considering the occasion. Jihoon was a couple of minutes late. Nothing dramatic, but it had Seungcheol wondering where he was. 

 

He saw Jihoon sprinting towards him. He came to a halt right i front of Seungcheol, panting. The younger boy was dressed in a white knitted sweater, navy-coloured jeans, black converse, a big red scarf and red mittens that matched the scarf. He had his brown peacoat with him, Seungcheol was always worried about him being cold. Jihoon had dyed his hair blonde recently as well, and it made him look even cuter (if that was possible). Seungcheol felt his heart skip a beat from simply looking at the other boy.

"S-sorry for being late. I didn't catch the b-bus I was supposed to take, and suddenly I was late." Jihoon said, trying to regain his breath.

 

"Hey, at least you're here now. I don't mind waiting, if I get to be with you afterwards." Seungcheol said, putting a lock of hair behind Jihoon's ear. Jihoon smiled. "I bought these for you." Seungcheol said sheepishly, and presented Jihoon with the flowers. They were red and white roses mixed together in an bouquet. It was to symbolize love and unity, and they were coincidentally Seungcheol's favourite colours.

"Thank you so much! I jus don't know what to say. You're so sweet to me." Jihoon tiptoed up to kiss Seungcheol's cheek. Now it was Seungcheol's turn to blush. He coughed awkwardly, and tried to regain his cool. Jihoon snickered at his boyfriend.

 

"Happy birthday, darling. I love you." Seungcheol kissed Jihoon. It was a slow and sweet kiss. Seungcheol held his arms around Jihoon, taking in his sweet scent and his warmth. They broke apart for breath, and Jihoon rested his head on Seungcheol's chest. 

"I love you too." Jihoon spoke softly, but Seungcheol heard every word. 

"You know, that is the first time we have said that." Seungcheol mused. They had been dating for a month and a half (or so), but this was the first time the phrase 'I love you' had been exchanged. Jihoon smiled at that. 

 

"So, what is the plan for today?" Jihoon asked, as they starting strolling. Seungcheol had his arm around Jihoon's shoulders.

"Well, I was thinking we could go to a coffee shop, and then we could go see a movie. After that, I have somewhere I want to take you. It's a surprise." Seungcheol suggested, looking down at Jihoon for approval.

 

"All that? You're spoiling me." Jihoon replied. 

"Look at it this way. It is your birthday, I love you, and I want you to have the best. Of course I'm spoiling you. Also, just so we have this covered already, you are not to pay for a single thing today." Seungcheol knew Jihoon had a complex about paying on dates, so usually the split the bill. Today, however, Seungcheol wanted to pamper the person he loved the most.

"You really don't have to do that." Jihoon said.

"I want to." Jihoon didn't comment on the matter after that. 

 

***

 

They were sitting at a coffee shop called "Twenty". It appeared to be a love-themed cafe and had soft music playing in the background. The walls were white, with red ts, and there were lots of pictures of things like hearts and other depictions of love.

Jihoon came to realize that this was clearly thought out. How long had Seungcheol been planning this?

 

"So, are you enjoying our date thus far?" Seungcheol asked, to break the silence. 

"It's perfect." Jihoon sipped his latte. It truly was. He took Seungcheol's hand and rubbed his thumb against the back of his hand. It felt nice, to sit here, with the person he adored, and feel close to him. 

 

***

 

Jihoon and Seungcheol were walking out of the movie theatre, hand-in-hand. They had just watched "Spectre", the newest James Bond movie. Seungcheol liked action movies in general, and Jihoon would agree with anything that would make him happy. Seungcheol was going on and on about how great the movie was. He spoke very animately, and Jihoon loved him for that. Every time he saw the other be this excited about something, it made him happy. 

He couldn't describe it properly, but it made him feel warmer and happier, and he could really feel how much he adored the older boy. He felt giddy. This day was already perfect, and it wasn't over yet. As they were walking he noticed how dark it had become. 

 

He came to realize he knew where they were going. The path they were going led down to the Han River. Jihoon smiled at the thought. The Han River was so pretty at night, and he loved going there when he had the chance. Seungcheol took up his phone to send a text, Jihoon didn't see who it was for. He knew where they were going, but not what they were doing.

 

Out of the blue, Wonwoo appeared on a bike. Jihoon looked up at Seungcheol with a questioning gaze. 

"Hey, Jihoon. Don't worry, I'm not here to interrupt your date, I'm just here to deliver something." Wonwoo said. A promised, he gave Seungcheol a picnic basket. He ruffled Jihoon's hair.

"Thanks a lot, man." Seungcheol smiled.

"Have fun kids, don't stay out too late." Wonwoo said with a smirk.

"What the hell, Wonwoo? I'm older than you!" Seungcheol retorted. Wonwoo just laughed and rode off on his bike. Jihoon just shook his head. He had not expected that, to say the least.

 

They walked over to find a place to sit down. They were not the only couple here, but they found somewhere quiet to sit down to themselves. Seungcheol opened the basket, and pulled out a picnic blanket. Inside the aforementioned basket there were chocolates, two iced coffees and a gift.

"Did you prepare all of this?" Jihoon asked. Nobody had ever treated him like this before, and he felt flustered from all the attention.

"Yeah. I even had to employ Wonwoo, so that the surprise would not be spoiled." Seungcheol laughed. He took the present out of the basket, and gave it to Jihoon. Jihoon opened the paper carefully, as if he were afraid to ruin it. 

 

It was a cd-case, and were the album art usually were it was written: "From Seungcheol to Jihoon". He opened it, and inside there was a card. It said: "To my darling who loves music." On the other side of the card there was a track list. It had all of Jihoon's favourite songs, some he hadn't even told Seungcheol, and a couple of other love songs. Jihoon felt his chest tighten, and he felt tears threatening to fall. 

"Oh Seungcheol, I love it. How did you even know some of these?" Jihoon asked, rubbing his eyes.

"I had to employ some of your friends as well. Or more specifically, I had to ask Seungkwan. I hoped you would like it." Seungcheol looked affectionately at the other.

"You went that far? I can't even express how happy you make me. I love you, more than words can say." He held the older close. Everything was alright now.

 


Hey everyone!

I decided that on the occasion of Woozi's birthday, I had to write a chapter. I made a short blog post concerning my absence here, so I don't have to go on about it after the chapter. I did promise to update this weekend, and I almost got finished by midnight. So, A for effort? It's currently 00:13 AM here, btw.

So, what did you think? I love to hear your responses, so don't be afraid to comment. If you find any typos or have any complaints about how I write the characters, don't be afraid to tell me that either. I read all your comments, and they are my favourite thing about writing fics.

I decided to end off the story at this chapter. After this there will be a bonus chapter with JunHao ♥

Love you lots.