Tell me you love me

Sing to me the melody of your heart

Word count:1581

Rating: PG

A/N: This chapter will be focusing a bit more on Hansol and Seungkwan, so if you were waiting for JiCheol, I have somewhat bad news for you.


 

Lunch was coming to a close, and Jihoon had just left to get his books. People were starting to weed out and Seungcheol stopped his friends from leaving.

What is it, Seungcheol?” Mingyu asked, raising an eyebrow.

I’m visiting Jihoon’s club later. Seungkwan mentioned I could bring any of you if I wanted, and frankly, I don’t want to go alone.” Seungcheol said, scratching the back of his head. He was looking at the floor, somewhat embarrassed to ask for this kind of help.

He did?” Hansol asked, genuinely curious.

Well, not exactly. His exact words were more like ‘Feel free to bring any of your own, preferably single, friends with you today.’” Seungcheol said, even more embarrassed now. “Please, somebody come with me.

 

Well, usually I would love to, but even if Minghao and I are not officially together, I don’t think he would appreciate it if I went. Sorry man.” Jun said with a shrug and left. Seungcheol responded with a dramatic sigh.

 

I could maybe come. I don’t have any plans.” Wonwoo said absentmindedly. Mingyu elbowed him in the side. Mingyu was seething.

’Preferably single’? No, you are not going.” Mingyu said, sending Wonwoo an angry glare.

Why are you acting like a jealous girlfriend?” Wonwoo asked, a teasing smile on his face.

 

He can’t go. He’s busy.” Mingyu answered for him, before pulling him out of the cafeteria. Seungcheol just shook his head. He was so done. The two refused to call themselves a couple, but acted like one constantly. Hansol cleared his throat awkwardly, and Seungcheol looked at him with pleading eyes.

Ehm… I could, you know, maybe, go with you.” Hansol said sheepishly, avoiding Seungcheol’s gaze.

 

Really? You would do that?” Seungcheol looked ecstatic.

Yeah. Like, not for Seungkwan’s sake, but for emotional support, or whatever. I don’t have anything else planned after school anyways.” Hansol said, clearly embarrassed. ‘Sure’ Seungcheol thought, but he would not push it.

Thanks a lot, man.”

 

***

 

End of school was nigh, and Seungcheol had just met up with Hansol, who looked decidedly awkward. Seungcheol wondered if he already regretted coming with him, but didn’t want to give him the chance to back out on his promise.

 

Hey kid, lighten up a little. We’re only going to the singing practice; nothing bad is going to happen.” Seungcheol said, slapping Hansol on the back for encouragement.

Yeah, sorry, just have a lot on my mind.” Hansol said, clearly dodging something. Seungcheol didn’t bother to find out now. He was looking forward to seeing Jihoon again. Come to think of it, he was always excited to meet Jihoon again, no matter how long it had been since he last saw him.

 

Hansol did have a lot on his mind, to be honest. A lot in this case being Seungkwan. The other boy had a quite demanding personality, and he had the ability to take quite a lot of space in Hansol’s head. He was used to a little bickering going between him and Seungkwan, and it was all good natured, but he couldn’t help but worry how he was going to react to being exposed to Seungkwan for such a long period of time. This practice, as it was more of a practice than a club meeting this time, was around an hour long. 

The truth was that Hansol liked Seungkwan. Quite a lot at that. Still, for some reason he always felt compelled to act cool and pretend as if he didn’t like him even though he knew it would get him nowhere.

Shall we go?” Hansol asked, finally feeling ready to do this.

Sure.” Seungcheol gave him a short reply before they started walking towards the music room.

 

***

 

As Seungcheol and Hansol walked into the room, Jihoon ran straight towards them, or Seungcheol at least, while Seungkwan walked behind him. Seungcheol hugged Jihoon close. Usually when they kissed each other, Seungcheol would bend down. This time he lifted Jihoon up, and kissed him there. Jihoon smiled widely.

I missed you.” Jihoon said, resting his arms on Seungcheol’s shoulders, while Seungcheol held him up.

 

As Jihoon and Seungcheol was lost within the bubble of each other, Seungkwan walked over to Hansol.

Aw, did you come to see me?” Seungkwan teased. He had been a bit surprised to see Hansol step into the room. He had told Seungcheol to bring someone, but he had not expected Hansol. Did Seungcheol know something he definitely shouldn’t?

 

Um, no. Seungcheol asked if anyone could come with him, and I didn’t have anything better to do, so I decided to tag along. This is not really my thing.” Hansol retorted, avoiding Seungkwan’s eyes in an obvious manner. That did not go unnoticed by Seungkwan. Seungkwan leaned close to Hansol.

Oh really? Are you sure that’s why you came? Because it doesn’t look like Seungcheol needs much emotional support.” Seungkwan whispered, eyeing the couple not far away. “Come on, just admit you are here because you are interested in me.” Seungkwan winked at him.

 

You? No way!” Hansol muttered. He did not appreciate Seungkwan toying with his emotions like this. He knew Seungkwan was just teasing him, but still. “I could do so much better.”

As if, Chwe. You can’t even get anyone close to my level.” Seungkwan sneered, annoyed because his teasing had backfired. Seungkwan flipped his hair, and someone else in the room shouted out that they were starting.

 

***

 

During the practice, the club went over a couple of songs they were working on, and fixing it so it would be performance ready. The club had entered a large singing competition. They were up against lots of other schools, some known in particular for their art programmes, so they had to present the best version of themselves.

Seungkwan, Hansol noticed, was often one of the soloists. Hansol thought it well deserved, as Seungkwan’s voice was incredible. Like, he knew that Seungkwan sang well, but he didn’t know he was this good. He had this vague memory of Seungkwan preforming at this school event years ago, and being impressed then. He was always impressed by the other boy’s voice.

 

At one particular high note, Hansol’s mouth had simply fallen open in shock, and he stayed like that throughout the song. After the song, Seungkwan walked up to him. He reached over, and closed Hansol’s mouth with one finger.

Oh Hansollie, no need to make it so obvious that you’re drooling over me.” Seungkwan gave him a cocky grin, and it left Hansol truly speechless, as if he wasn’t already.

 

So I take it you liked my singing?” Seungkwan asked, sitting down next to the slightly younger boy.

Uh-huh.” Hansol nodded unintelligently. He could not really form words yet, Seungkwan was too close.

 

That’s great! Maybe you could come more often.” Seungkwan suggested. He laughed when he saw the panicky look in Hansol’s eyes. Hansol thought that ‘coming here more often’ would be detrimental to his mental health.

 

***

 

Hey kids, can you clean up here?” Jeonghan shouted over at Hansol and Seungkwan. Practice had just ended, and people were packing up their bags to leave.

What the hell, Jeonghan? I cleaned up just last week-” Seungkwan started before he saw Jeonghan wink at him, and his head to hint towards Hansol. Oh. He sighed deeply, feigning annoyance.

 

Hansol started stacking chairs without much complaint. Seungkwan assumed it was now or never.

Hansol, do you like me?” Seungkwan asked, his tone revealed how nervous he was. Hansol dropped the chair he was holding at the sudden question.

 

Umm…” Hansol had a hard time finding what to say. Should he reveal his crush? Maybe Seungkwan was just teasing him. He looked over at the other boy, who looked a bit too nervous for this to be a prank. He really hoped Seungkwan was not just a good actor.

You know what, never mind. Forget I said anything.” Seungkwan said dejectedly. Hansol had used too long to answer, and he didn’t want the younger to make fun of him.

 

No, wait. I do.” Hansol said quickly, grabbing Seungkwan’s hand and meeting his gaze. Hansol’s eyes were intense with raw emotion.

You do what?” Seungkwan asked, dumbfounded. Hansol didn’t mean- He couldn’t have, right? The older of the two felt his heart beat quicker and quicker. He drew a deep breath.

 

Hansol groaned. He had never been good with properly expressing his emotions.

I do like you. I have liked you for a couple of years now, since I saw you sing once in our last school’s auditorium. I was just passing by and fell for you there. And please tell me you like me back, or else this is about to be very awkward.” Hansol babbled.

 

Seungkwan was not expecting that. Now Seungkwan could not find his words. That Seungkwan was not able to say anything happened very rarely in itself. He had never been confessed to before, and didn’t know how to react properly.

Seungkwan, please. I swear if this is some sick joke-” Hansol started, before Seungkwan’s lips on his interrupted him.

 

Seungkwan was kissing him. SEUNGKWAN WAS KISSING HIM! Hansol’s emotions went haywire, and he felt joy bubble up in his chest. He put his arm around Seungkwan’s waist and drew him closer. Seungkwan’s lips were soft. This was better than he could have imagined.

After they broke apart, Seungkwan replied to him breathlessly.

Was that a good enough answer for you?” 

 


Hey everyone!

Sorry these updates are taking a bit long, I had a hard time finding inspiration. I wanted to find a way to resolve the VerKwan situation, so it took some time. Most of this has been written separately, as I wrote one paragraph as I thought of something, and then another later, so I apologize if it is not particularly coherent.

So, what did you think? I love to hear your responses, so don't be afraid to comment. If you find any typos or have any complaints about how I write the characters, don't be afraid to tell me that either. I read all your comments, and they are my favourite thing about writing fics.

Love you lots, I'll try to update soon!