I'm still wearing the smile you gave me

Sing to me the melody of your heart

Word count: 1066

Rating: PG


 

School had just finished and Jihoon was walking out of the school building and towards the bus stop. He sat down at the bench by the bus stop and yawned. His bus wouldn’t be here before about 20 more minutes. Out of nowhere a familiar face appeared. Seungcheol walked towards Jihoon, and sat down next to him. They lived a couple of blocks apart, and took the same bus.

 

Hi, Jihoonie. How are you this lovely afternoon?” Seungcheol spoke dramatically, and chuckled when he saw Jihoon’s tired expression.

Hello Seungcheol. I’m sleepy, if you can’t tell. How about you?” Jihoon replied, and yawned again, illustrating his point.

 

I feel much better now that you’re here.” He winked. “If you’re that sleepy you can sleep on my shoulder until the bus comes.

Usually Jihoon would have been much more apprehensive, but right now, he was so tired that he really couldn’t care less. He rested his head against Seungcheol’s shoulder. He was halfway asleep when Seungcheol spoke again.

 

Do you want to go out with me?” Seungcheol had stated the question simply, even though inside he felt like exploding from nervousness. Jihoon sat up properly and blinked confusedly.

Can you repeat that?” In all secret, he had heard Seungcheol perfectly fine. He just wanted to hear Seungcheol say it again. His heartbeat sped up and he swallowed nervously.

 

Do you want to go out with me?” Seungcheol asked again. In his mind he was chanting ‘please say yes, please say yes’ over and over again.

Hmm, maybe I do, maybe I don’t. What kind of date did you have planned?” Jihoon said, smirking. He didn’t know where the sudden courage to be sassy came from, but he went with it anyway. Seungcheol smiled and shook his head a bit.

 

I want to take you out to a café, maybe as soon as the upcoming Saturday, so I can see you in daylight. I also want to learn as much about you as possible. After sitting at a café with you for a while, we can go for a walk in the park, or we can go watch a movie? I really want to date you, Jihoon. Not only go on one date, but multiple ones to come. So, I’ll ask you one more time. Do you want to go out with me?” Seungcheol spoke with a smile on his face, just imagining it. He also realized he had never seen Jihoon out of uniform, so that would be fun as well.

 

Jihoon was blushing. He was rather getting used to it by now. He had only said it to tease the older boy, but that kind of date sounded wonderful. He was also glad Seungcheol had wanted something early in the day, it sounded nicer in a way. He just remembered that he had to answer as well.

Yes. Yes, I would like to go out with you. At least to that date, and if it goes well, I would like to continue dating you.” Jihoon smiled at the other boy. He had realized a couple of days ago in English that his feelings really were reciprocated. He was really happy.

 

Really?” Seungcheol laughed incredulously, as if he could not believe Jihoon had said yes. He grinned from ear-to-ear.

Of course. Did you think I would say no?” Jihoon teased. Seungcheol just laughed again.

“Can I have your number then? So we can schedule the date properly?” He asked. Yeah right, Seungcheol thought. He would definitely love to have Jihoon’s number just so he could text him anyways.

Yes, I guess you need it then. Give me your phone, please?” Seungcheol obeyed, and Jihoon wrote his number in his contacts with shaky fingers. Jihoon couldn’t believe this was actually happening.

 

The bus arrived so the two of them stood up, and walked onto the bus. They sat down next to one another, and Seungcheol threw his arm around Jihoon’s shoulder in a protective manner. They sat mostly in silence for the bus ride; Jihoon was dozing against Seungcheol’s chest. He woke up properly when it was time for Seungcheol to get off.

I’m looking forward to Saturday. I’ll text you later.” He gave Jihoon another smile, and left the bus. Jihoon’s stomach was crawling with butterflies, and his heart was beating fast.

 

Seungcheol on the other hand, may or may not have jumped from joy as soon as the bus drove away, and Jihoon could not see him. He felt like his chest might burst from excitement, and even if Saturday was two days away, he did not want to wait. He was filled with a warm, fuzzy feeling he didn’t really recognize. He guessed this had to be what people called love.

 

***

 

When Jihoon came home, he went to his room. He didn’t want to look like the teenage movie cliché, where the girl gets asked out and calls her best friend the minute after. However, he needed to tell someone, and there was no way he could tell his parents, so Seungkwan became the next option. Jihoon was still feeling jittery, yet at the same time, he felt all warm and fuzzy. It was as if he was being warmed up and cooled down at the same time. He dialled Seungkwan’s number.

 

Jihoon? You usually never call, what’s up?” Seungkwan’s voice flooded with curiosity. Jihoon began to wonder if this had been a bad idea.

I sort of have big news, and I needed to talk to someone.” Jihoon paused. Seungkwan seemed to be waiting for him to continue. He took a deep breath. “Seungcheol asked me out!” He said quickly, but as Seungkwan had no hearing issues, he heard it all.

 

He asked you out? Where? When? How? Did you say yes?” Seungkwan bombarded him with questions. Seungkwan was not a very patient person, so Jihoon decided to reply right away.

Yes. At the bus stop. As we were about to take the bus home. At first, he simply asked me, but then he described the date he would take me on, which sounded absolutely lovely. Of course I said yes. I wouldn’t say no to an opportunity like that.” Jihoon rambled. He knew he sounded dreamy, but he couldn’t help it.

Congratulations, Jihoon. I knew this was what you wished for. I hope the date lives up to your expectations.” Seungkwan congratulated.

 


Hey everyone!

In the weekdays, I am not able to update every day, but I'll try to continue with quick updates. Also, sorry this update is a little short, but the next one will be longer. I think I'll make the next chapter mostly about JiCheol's date. 

So, what did you think? I love to hear your responses, so don't be afraid to comment. If you find any typos or have any complaints about how I write the characters, don't be afraid to tell me that either. I love your constructive criticism ^-^

Love you lots, I'll try to update soon!