Words can't say how much I want you to be mine

Sing to me the melody of your heart

Word count:1159

Rating: PG

A/N: This is pretty much the cafeteria scene again, just from Coups's POV.


 

Seungcheol was standing at the entrance of the cafeteria with the rest of the basketball team. Hansol had just abandoned them in favor of talking to some girls at the other side of the cafeteria. Wonwoo and Mingyu were talking animatedly to one another, probably about last night's game or something like that. Seungcheol wasn't paying them any attention. His eyes were solely focused on the boy with the pink hair sitting alone at one of the tables, doing some schoolwork. 

 

"Dude. Could you be any more pathetic? You are looking at that kid like a lost puppy." Wonwoo said snarkily, lifting an eyebrow at Seungcheol. "At least go over and talk to him. End your misery.

"I can't just go over and talk to him. I need an excuse or something.

"What do you need an excuse for? Aren't you the captain of the basketball team? And really popular? Just go over there." Mingyu sighed. Seungcheol could do nothing but stare at him like he had lost him mind. He couldn't just walk over there. What would he say? He would probably start stuttering and embarrass himself.

 

"Wait, I have an idea! Mingyu, I need your help." Seungcheol beamed.

"I regret this already. What did you have in mind?" Mingyu said in a resigned manner. 

"You and Wonwoo will go over where Hansol is standing, talk to some girls or something. I'll pretend that I was planning to hit you with a basketball, and purposely hit the table Jihoon was sitting at instead. Then, I can go over to apologize, and have an excuse to talk to him." Seungcheol said, smiling brightly. 

 

"That's you magnificent plan?" Wonwoo deadpanned.

"Shut up and do as I say. Just this once, please." Seungcheol begged them. They walked over, and Seungcheol waited a minute. He then threw the ball, hitting Jihoon's table, and the other boy looked up, clearly miffed. Seungcheol ran over, it was now or never.

 

"I didn't hit you did I? I was trying to get Mingyu's attention by hitting him with the ball." Seungcheol apologized, feigning worry. He was a really good shot, he wasn't the basketball captain for nothing. Jihoon didn't look annoyed at all anymore, he just looked away for a little while. Seungcheol thought he saw a hint of blush covering his cheeks. How could the younger be so cute? He heard Jihoon take a deep breath as he turned his head back to face him.

No, you just hit the table. I wasn’t hurt.” Jihoon said, meeting his gaze. Seungcheol was sure he saw the pink-haired boy blush now, and couldn't help but smile. The younger was just so adorable, he couldn't comprehend how cute he was. Right then, Seungcheol decided to deliver a line he had worked on longer than he was willing to admit.

“I’m glad. I wouldn’t want to hurt such a cute face.” He smirked proudly, and winked at him. He would find another excuse to talk to him later, but for now he ran over to Mingyu. He felt victorious in one way and like a complete loser in another. He should have said more, now that he had the chance.

 

"That's it? Seriously?" Mingyu asked him, giving him an odd look. He had his arm slung over Wonwoo's shoulder, and had been talking to Hansol as well as Nana, whom he recognized as Jeonghan's cousin, and her girlfriend Lizzy. 

"Well, I couldn't think of anything else to say. I panicked." Seungcheol tried to defend himself, to no avail.

"." Hansol told him. "Talk to him tomorrow instead. And actually say more than one line."

 

"I don't know what to say!" Seungcheol replied. He really had no clue on how to go about this.

"Introduce yourself, talk to him about his interests, be funny. You just have to go for it!" Nana said encouragingly.

"He's interested in music, but what do I know about that?"

"Okay, just talk to him, ask him what his interests are. You can't know if he likes you too if you don't try." Lizzy added.

 

Right then, they heard someone yell "OH MY GOD JIHOONIE!” somewhere behind them. They all turned to look.They quickly found the source of the noise, also known as Boo Seungkwan. Right next to him, a very embarrassed Jihoon was seated.

Hansol smirked, and Seungcheol swore he heard him mumble "Cute." very quietly, his eyes focused on Seungkwan. That was a matter for another day, Seungcheol thought. His eyes quickly found Jihoon's and smiled at him. 

 

Some words were exchanged between them and suddenly Seungkwan grabbed Jihoon's hand. The pink haired boy hardly had time to gather his books before he was forcefully dragged out of the room by a very gleeful Boo Seungkwan. I wonder where they are going, Seungcheol thought as he frowned. He loved lunch, because it was always a good oppurtunity to admire Jihoon in peace.

Jihoon was a year younger, so he didn't have many classes with him. They had English together, because Jihoon was on a more advanced level, and therefore took the class that was intended for last years. Every time Jihoon was not to be found in the cafeteria, Seungcheol found himself annoyed. He wished he could see Jihoon more often, but fate would not have it so. 

 

***

 

Seungcheol was walking to his locker. Lunch was soon over and he needed his books. His bad mood had improved some, but he was still miffed as he strolled the halls. He was lost in his own thoughts as he walked past the music room. Out of nowhere someone came out of the music room. Not really running, but walking fast. Seungcheol didn't notice, and walked right into them. 

As he crashed into the other person, he looked down, and noticed that the person he crashed into had very familiar shade of pink hair. The pink-haired boy looked up at him, and his suspicion was confirmed. 

 

"Hi again." Seungcheol smiled. Jihoon took a step backwards and bowed his head. 

"H-hello Seungcheol." Jihoon stuttered out. Seungcheol smiled wider at the fact that Jihoon knew his name, and this boosted his confidence immensely.

"Don't bow your head like that, you have such a gorgeous face. There is no need to hide it like that." Seungcheol spoke flirtily​. He was usually way to nervous around Jihoon, but this new confidence boost really helped. Jihoon lifted his head a little bit, and Seungcheol noted the blush on his cheeks. The younger blushed around him, it was adorable. 

 

"Hey, I wasn't joking, lift your head, you look too cute to hide it." Seungcheol said, using his finger to gently tip Jihoon's chin up, so he would look at him. "That's better." He added. He gave him a sweet smile.

"I h-have to go." Jihoon said, walking away before Seungcheol could say anything. Seungcheol was flabbergasted. He only got back to his senses when he heard the bell ring.

 


Hey everyone!

I thought I would give an insight to how dorky Seungcheol really is, at least when it comes to Jihoon. So, what did you think? I love to hear your responses, so don't be afraid to comment. If you find any typos or have any complaints about how I write the characters, don't be afraid to tell me that either. Love the constructive criticism ^-^

Love you lots~