I don't know how to stop thinking about you

Sing to me the melody of your heart

Word count: 1207

Rating: PG

A/N: I'm VerKwan trash, so I couldn't help but include them as well.


 

The bell after first period rang, and the students gathered their books, and got up to leave for their next class. Seungkwan did the same, but just as he stood up somebody behind him grabbed his hand.

Hey, Boo. We need to talk.” It was none other than Chwe Hansol. Seungkwan and Hansol had almost all their classes together and were in the same year. Seungkwan had always had a thing for Hansol, but hell would freeze over before he would admit to it.

 

Hi there, Hansol. What do you want to talk about that is so important that I should spend my precious time talking to you?” Seungkwan said sarcastically, freeing his hand from Hansol’s grip and crossing his arms over his chest.

It’s about Seungcheol and Jihoon.” Hansol said calmly, in a serious tone.

Oh. That’s it? What do you need me for?” Seungkwan lowered his guard a little.

 

Can we talk somewhere more private?” Hansol said. Seungkwan gulped nervously at the thought of being anywhere ‘more private’ with the other boy.

Fine.” Seungkwan’s voice was tinted with annoyance. “We can talk in the music room. No one should be there now. Unless you want to talk in the bathroom or something, that’s the only ‘private’ place I can think of.

 

***

 

After a quick walk, the two first-years found themselves in the currently empty music room. They had homeroom next, which essentially was just a free period anyways, so it didn’t matter if they were a little late. The music room was usually filled with people and bursting with energy and sound, so when it was just the two of them there, it felt oddly intimate.

 

So, what did you want to talk about?” Seungkwan said, breaking the silence. His heart was beating a little faster than usual, and he really did not want to dwell on why that was.

You’re good friends with Lee Jihoon, right?” Hansol started. Seungkwan nodded. “Do you know if Jihoon likes Seungcheol?” Seungkwan raised an eyebrow at that.

 

Maybe he does, maybe he doesn’t. Why should I share this information with you?” Seungkwan stated, crossing his arms over his chest again. He didn’t just want to spread his friend’s information to anyone, so Hansol should come up with a great reason for him to spill.

Honestly? I am worried about Seungcheol. He has been distracted as of late, especially whenever Jihoon is close. I just wanted to know if Jihoon liked him as well, and if I should advise him to go for it, or to give it up.” Hansol said. “I don’t want him to get hurt.

 

You’re a good friend, Chwe Hansol. I did not want to around telling Jihoon’s private information to just anyone, but you seem to have a good reason. To put it short, yes he does. Jihoon is practically head over heels for him, but he do not really know how to express himself. Tell him to go for it. I think it would be better for both of them if they got together.” Seungkwan admitted. He had noticed himself how much Jihoon had changed since he fell for Seungcheol. He was still as hardworking, but he got distracted much easier. He was also not as happy as he used to be, and this was something Seungkwan really wanted to stop.

 

“Thanks, Boo. They would make a cute couple though. The singer and the jock, what a cliché.” Hansol snorted. 

Well, maybe clichés are not always a bad thing. Maybe you jocks should date singers more often.” Seungkwan said with a wink. The look on Hansol’s face was worth almost exposing his secret. He just looked so baffled.

Huh?” Hansol stuttered unintelligently. Seungkwan just chuckled and walked away.

 

***

 

Jihoon was sitting in Math class trying, and failing, to pay attention. His mind replayed his meeting with Seungcheol yesterday. He had not seen the other since, but knowing he had English today, he was going to have to face him soon.

It was so strange. Seungcheol kept complimenting him, and being so nice. The way Seungcheol spoke to Jihoon made it seem like he was flirting. Why would he go for someone like me, Jihoon pondered. Seungcheol could have anyone. I really hope he isn’t making fun of me, Jihoon’s train of thought continued. He was so afraid that this might just be some sick game to Seungcheol, and couldn’t seem to drop the thought.

 

As the bell rang, he mindlessly collected his books and walked towards his locker. As he was getting his books he saw Seungkwan walk down the halls with Chwe Hansol. He knew they had lots of classes together, but he didn’t really understand why they were walking together. Jihoon shook his head. His world was getting stranger and stranger.

 

***

 

It was right before fourth period, and it was time for English. At least he had lunch after this, so he could see his friends. As he walked into the classroom, he noticed the teacher was not present yet. He walked over to his assigned seat and sat down. Just as he did, Seungcheol walked into the room. Seungcheol’s assigned seat is right in front of Jihoon’s, so he walked over and sat down. Jihoon took a deep breath. Was life playing a prank on him, this was not fair.

Seungcheol turned his chair around so that he was facing Jihoon. Jihoon wondered if he could sink through the floor, because he really did not want to face this now.

Hey, cutie. You ran off on me yesterday. I just wondered why?” Seungcheol rested his head on his hand, and tilted his head to the side. Gosh, why is he so good-looking, Jihoon wondered. His head was still crowded with his fears, and he decided, he had to ask.

 

"Why are you doing this? Why are you being like this? Are you making fun of me?" Jihoon muttered. He was facing Seungcheol, but had his arms around himself and looked visibly awkward.

"No, not at all! I promise I wasn't making fun of you, and I'm sorry if I gave you that impression." Seungcheol said, somewhat panicky. His cool exterior had faded away completely. "I just wanted to talk to you. And, I wasn't lying when I called you cute. You really are." Seungcheol gave him a reassuring smile.

 

Okay. I will choose to believe you for now. I ran off yesterday because I was flustered. I didn’t want you to see.” Jihoon said. Seungcheol wouldn’t lie to him, would he?

“Really? I don’t mind, there’s no need to run away because of that. To be honest, you look adorable when you are flustered. You shouldn’t have to be flustered around me, though.” Seungcheol replied.

 

Well excuse me. I don’t know what kind of life you are leading, but for me at least, it’s not every day the school’s very handsome star basketball player calls you cute.” Jihoon retorted, somewhat annoyed. Seungcheol smiled.

You think I’m handsome?” Seungcheol asked teasingly. Jihoon’s eyes widened in shock.

D-did I say that?” He whispered. Seungcheol simply nodded with a smug smile plastered on his face. Luckily, the teacher came in before he had time to say anything else in response.

 


Hello everyone!

I really wanted to branch out on Hansol and Seungkwan's involvment in this, and suddenly it turned out to be like half the chapter. I don't think I am going to be able to update tomorrow, but at most the next update will be out in a few days. 

I thought I would give an insight to how dorky Seungcheol really is, at least when it comes to Jihoon. So, what did you think? I love to hear your responses, so don't be afraid to comment. If you find any typos or have any complaints about how I write the characters, don't be afraid to tell me that either. I love your constructive criticism ^-^

Love you lots, I'll try to update soon!