You give me the kind of feeling people write novels about

Sing to me the melody of your heart

Word count: 1169

Rating: PG



As much as Jihoon tried to convince himself he didn't like Seungcheol, he was failing to act like it. Seungcheol was one year older than Jihoon, and he was gorgeous. He wasn’t just some dumb jock; he did pretty well in school and was nice to everyone he met. He was always sweet and approachable, which was reflected in his popularity.

 

In the cafeteria that day, Jihoon tried to do his English homework. He had been up composing last night, and didn't have time to do his homework. It was somewhat hard to concentrate, as the cafeteria was occupied by a dance battle. They happened a lot at lunch. A freshman named Lee Chan was currently dancing something Michael Jackson inspired.  All he really knew about the kid was that he was good at dancing, and that he skipped a grade, and was therefore a year younger than his peers were.

 

If he thought it was hard to concentrate before, it was impossible now. A basketball hit the table he was sitting at, one of the basketball players having missed their original target.
Right then, Choi Seungcheol ran up to his table. Jihoon could do nothing but stare, while all the annoyance disappeared from his face.


"I didn't hit you did I? I was trying to get Mingyu's attention by hitting him with the ball."
Seungcheol apology came quickly, and he smiled, but you could see his apology was sincere. Jihoon felt himself blushing and looked away for a second.

His eyes met the eyes of Seungkwan, a friend of his from the singing club, who mouthed “oh my god” at him. Seungkwan was one of the people who knew of his crush. He turned back to face Seungcheol, who was waiting patiently for a response with a concerned look on his face.

 

No, you just hit the table. I wasn’t hurt.” Jihoon said, trying to maintain eye contact, even though he could feel his face heating up. His face almost had the same colour as his hair, bright pink. Seungcheol smiled a blinding smile.

I’m glad. I wouldn’t want to hurt such a cute face.” He smirked and winked at Jihoon as he ran over to the aforementioned Mingyu. Jihoon felt his face flush bright pink, almost matching his hair. In that moment, Seungkwan ran over.

 

Was that Seungcheol? What did he say to you? What happened? Talk to me, Jihoon!” Seungkwan demanded right away. Jihoon was sort of out of it, and the usually quick-witted boy could not find the ability to speak just yet. Seungkwan waved a hand in front of his face, finally succeeding in grabbing his attention.

Hello? Earth to Jihoon? What happened?” Seungkwan asked.

 

So, he was throwing a basketball at Mingyu or someone, and he hit the table I was sitting at.” Jihoon’s voice was almost monotone, like he was recovering from a shock. Seungkwan nodded, waiting for his friend to continue.

As he hit my table he came to ask if I was hurt. When I told him no, he ehm…” Jihoon paused again.

He what? Come on Jihoonie, I want to know!” Seungkwan pleaded.

He told me he was glad, because he wouldn’t want to hurt such a cute face.” Jihoon mumbled, covering his face with his hands to hide his blushing.

 

OH MY GOD JIHOONIE!” Seungkwan exclaimed loudly. It was so loud that it got the attention of the basketball team, and they all looked over. Jihoon noticed one of them, Hansol, smirking at Seungkwan’s outburst. He also saw Seungcheol smiling fondly at him. He smiled back and quickly became flustered again.

Quiet down, Seungkwan.” Jihoon whispered.

What are you talking about? We need to tell everyone this!” Seungkwan said, noticeably quieter, as he took Jihoon’s hand and ran to find the others.

 

***

 

‘Everyone’ in this situation, happened to be the rest of the singing club. It had been started as a choir, but it was closer to a regular club than an actual choir, as it was much more relaxed. The members of the club was, except Jihoon and Seungkwan, was Seokmin, Jisoo, Jeonghan, Yi Young, Baekho, Minhyun and Hyerin (usually called Raina). Jeonghan was new, but had been sticking so close to Jisoo recently that he just decided to join.

Seungkwan just stormed into the music room, Jihoon in tow. Jeonghan was practically sitting on Jisoo’s lap and Jisoo was playing with Jeonghan’s long hair. Seokmin and Baekho was chatting with two of the members of the school’s dance club, Hoshi and Ren. Yi Young was talking to a girl named Kaeun. Everyone looked up as Seungkwan made his presence known.

 

Everyone, I have great news. Seungcheol called our Jihoonie cute!!” Seungkwan exclaimed loudly. Jihoon looked embarrassed. Seungkwan was always much louder than Jihoon, who preferred to stay in the background, and rather let his work speak for him.

Seungcheol as in Choi Seungcheol? The basketball team captain?” Jeonghan asked, still sitting on Jisoo’s lap.

 

Yes, the one and only. Also known as Jihoon’s crush!” As he said that Jihoon elbowed him in the stomach.

“You don’t have to broadcast it to the world, .” Jihoon sneered. Seungkwan didn’t look overly scared by Jihoon’s anger, as the other got angry very easily.

 

I’m not too surprised that he called you cute, to be quite honest with you.” Jeonghan said, pondering.

What?” Jihoon said, his anger having calmed some. Right now he was simply confused. Everyone was looking somewhat surprised at the sudden statement. Even Jisoo, who was currently resting his head on Jeonghan’s shoulder, was waiting for an explanation.

 

Seungcheol is friends with many of my friends outside of this club, so I know him pretty well. Once, before I joined, I was talking about how talented the singing club was, and out of nowhere, he started talking about Jihoon. He was saying how lovely your voice was, how talented you were. He seemed mesmerized with Jihoon, so it’s not much of a surprise that he finds him cute as well.” Jeonghan shrugged.

Jihoon had a hard time processing this. Seungcheol knew who he were in such detail that he could compliment his talent? Just the fact that Seungcheol spoke of him to others was mind boggling in itself.

 

So they are the same then? Jihoon can never shut up about Seungcheol once you get him started.” Seokmin laughed.

Sounds like it. It’s not something Seuncheol spoke of to a lot of people, but to me he would talk freely about it. Whenever he had talked about Jihoon’s talent a while, he would change topics to Jihoon’s appearance. I swear, the week Jihoon dyed his hair pink, I could not get him to shut up about you once.” Jeonghan chatted on, seemingly forgetting that Jihoon was still in the room.

 

I have to go, I have some homework I have to catch up on.” Jihoon mumbled the excuse as he left the music room. He had to go somewhere less noisy to process all this information.

 


Hey everyone!

I am back with another Seventeen story. This story will continue over the course of a couple of chapters. It's like all fluff, so angst and tears this time. 

What did you think? I love to hear your responses, so don't be afraid to comment. If you find any typos or have any complaints about how I write the characters, don't be afraid to tell me that either. Love the constructive criticism ^^

Love you lots~