I would wait an eternity just for a moment with you

Sing to me the melody of your heart

Word count: 1533

Rating: PG

A/N: Sorry for the long wait.


 

I think I miss distracted and longing Seungcheol.” Hansol said to Seungkwan as they were waiting outside their classroom for the teacher to arrive.

What do you mean?” Seungkwan asked, raising an eyebrow.

Ever since Seungcheol and Jihoon’s date this Saturday, Seungcheol hasn’t shut up about him once. At least when he was moping, he was not drilling a hole in my head with his nagging. Yesterday he held an entire monologue on how perfect Jihoon’s eyes are!” Hansol said, letting out a groan. He was happy for the older boy, but he wished he would shut up sometimes.

 

Wow that is… maybe a bit excessive. Now well, at least they are happy. You get a bit annoying when you’re in love. Don’t think you wouldn’t be the same.” Seungkwan replied. He had himself been a bit exasperated over Jihoon as of late, but he had decided to be happy for them.

I guess most people do. I wouldn’t get that pitiful, I think. I would definitely stay cool.” Hansol sent the other boy a grin.

 

Want to test that theory out?” Seungkwan said, sending a flirty smile back at him.

Hansol started blushing up a storm, and Seungkwan laughed. The basketball player liked putting up a cool façade, but was easily embarrassed. As Seungkwan was well aware of that, he loved using it to his own advantage.

 

***

 

Do you want to go on another date with me?” Seungcheol asked. It was right after English class, and Jihoon and Seungcheol was walking towards the cafeteria.

Really?” Jihoon asked. He thought the date went marvelously, but he didn’t know that Seungcheol was this keen to go on another date so quickly.

 

As long as you would still have me.” Seungcheol replied. It was true as well. As long as Jihoon would accept him, he would chase him to the end of the world to see him again. Jihoon was blushing violently. The older boy was so sweet, and Jihoon did not know how to deal with it.

What did you have in mind?” Jihoon said quickly, looking at the floor.

 

I was thinking maybe a movie?” Seungcheol suggested.

“That sounds fun.” Jihoon smiled. “When?”

“Anytime this week. Tomorrow? Thursday? Friday?” Seungcheol wondered if he sounded too desperate. He didn’t really care either way.

“Hmm, so soon?” Jihoon said, teasingly. He felt himself getting all fuzzy on the inside at the thought of going on another date with Seungcheol so quickly.

“I would prefer not waiting long to have you to myself again.” Seungcheol smirked. He brushed a hair out of Jihoon’s face, and tucked it behind his ear.

Yes, I’ll go on another date with you. Maybe Friday?” Jihoon smiled, looking up to meet the taller boy’s gaze. Seungcheol’s eyes lit up and he smiled widely.

 

Seungcheol leaned down to whisper something in Jihoon’s ear. Jihoon could feel his breath right by his ear, and his heart beat faster and faster.

That’s perfect. I can’t wait.” Seungcheol whispered slowly, pronouncing each word clearly. Jihoon sighed longingly.

He backed away slowly, and Jihoon kind of wished he would have stayed close like that. His cheeks were burning up. Seungcheol’s lips so close to his face made him so flustered, he wasn’t even sure if he would be able to speak properly at this point.

 

You look adorable when you’re flustered, darling.” Seungcheol said flirtingly.

I-I’m n-not.” Jihoon tried to no avail. Seungcheol cooed at the younger. They were about to enter the cafeteria, and Jihoon could spot the rest of the basketball team not far away. They waved at Seungcheol.

I’ll see you later.” Seungcheol said, kissing Jihoon’s forehead. The pink-haired boy knew he wanted to see his friends as well at lunch, so he didn’t blame him.

 

***

 

It was nearing the end of lunch and Jihoon was sitting at a table with most of the singing club. Jeonghan’s cousin, Nana, was there as well. Jihoon did not know her, but she seemed nice enough. She was also incredibly pretty, maybe it runs in the family. The basketball team had left the cafeteria about three minutes ago. Jihoon heard his phone buzz as he got a text.

✨Seungcheollie✨:

-Miss you already 😘💋‍💘-12:30PM

 

Jihoon smiled. Seungcheol could be kind of a sap, but he didn’t complain. He typed a quick reply.

 

Me:

-Miss you too. ❤- 12:31PM

Jihoon was so happy lately. To think that everything had worked out so well so far.

 

***

 

It was Friday night, and Jihoon was waiting outside the cinema. He was dressed in ripped jeans, his white sneakers and a red sweater. He was wondering if he should have brought a jacket, but right now, there was no need for it. It was not that cold yet. It was late summer and it was getting colder in the evenings.

Suddenly he felt a pair of strong arms envelop him from behind. Jihoon froze. He heard a laughter rumble in the chest of the person behind him.

Guess who?” Seungcheol’s happy voice broke the silence, and Jihoon relaxed. Seungcheol kissed his cheek and released him. Jihoon turned around and felt his breath halt as he laid his eyes on the boy in front of him.

 

Seungcheol was wearing dark blue skinny jeans, black leather ankle boots, a white printed tee and a leather jacket. His hair was styled up, and somewhat messy. How Seungcheol just seemed to get progressively hotter and Jihoon did not understand, not that he was planning to complain.

And here I thought you couldn’t get hotter.” Jihoon commented, his eyes looking Seungcheol up and down. Seungcheol smirked. He loved getting compliments from Jihoon.

Only for you.” Seungcheol said. Jihoon snickered.

 

Want to go inside? It’s getting kinda cold.” Jihoon said, wrapping his arms around himself to illustrate his point.

Well, I could always find a way to warm you up. Just say the word.” Seungcheol winked at him.

 

“You’re such a dork. Luckily for you, you’re a cute dork.” Jihoon smiled and shook his head. He was so done.  Seungcheol laughed.

Let’s go inside. What movie did you want to watch?

 

***

 

They had ended up picking a comedy. It was pretty bad, but they didn’t really focus on the movie itself either. Throughout most of the film, they were holding hands, and Jihoon fed Seungcheol popcorn. Seungcheol whispered compliments in Jihoon’s ear that made him giggle more than the movie. Jihoon was glad it was dark in the movie theatre, because the older boy made him blush with his blatant flirting and silly antics.

 

Jihoon and Seungcheol walked out of the movie theatre. Seungcheol had his arm around Jihoon’s shoulders and Jihoon felt warmth spread through his chest as they walked together. It was something about Seungcheol being willing to show everyone they passed that they were out together that just made him so glad. Out of nowhere, Seungcheol stopped up. He turned Jihoon around so they were facing one another.

 

Jihoon, I just wondered…” He started. Jihoon blinked in confusion and nodded for him to continue. What is this, Jihoon pondered. “Can I kiss you?” He asked quickly. Jihoon wasn’t sure what he had been expecting, but it sure wasn’t that. Still he nodded as he gave his reply.

Yes, you can. I want you to.” Jihoon replied, albeit a bit awkwardly.

 

Seungcheol used his finger to tip Jihoon’s chin up and looked him lovingly into his eyes. Jihoon closed his eyes. He leaned forward, and he kissed Jihoon carefully, almost as if he was afraid to break him. Jihoon caught himself up on how soft Seungcheol’s lips were.

 

Jihoon had honestly not expected it to feel this good. He always thought all those movies where they depict a first kiss as fireworks going off in the background were silly and unrealistic, but now he thought they might have a point.  His heart was beating quickly and the warm, fuzzy feeling in his chest from earlier had spread to his entire body. He felt a tingly feeling in his chest, and he felt like putty in the older boy’s arms.

Seungcheol himself could not believe this was happening. He had his crush in his arms, and he was kissing him. Jihoon’s lips were ridiculously soft. It felt like they were made for one another. There was a fire building in his chest, and never wanted this moment to end. As their lips moved against one another, Seungcheol’s hand dropped from Jihoon’s face and came to hold around Jihoon’s waist. Jihoon had his hands placed on the older boy’s arms.

 

As they pulled away from one another to breathe, their eyes opened and their gazes met. In that moment, Seungcheol knew he had to say something. He wanted Jihoon to be his, and his only. He didn’t care if he sounded possessive, not right now at least. The boy in front of him was the love of his life, he was sure of it. Without much thought, he spoke.

Jihoon, do you want to be my boyfriend?” He looked at the younger boy in anticipation.

More than anything.” Jihoon replied quickly, hugging Seungcheol close, so he would not notice how flushed his cheeks were.

 


Hey everyone!

I apologize for the long wait. I was super busy this week, and I had two big tests, so I didn't have much spare time to write. I don't think I can update tomorrow, as it's my birthday and I'll be busy. I have a party to go to at Sunday, but I'll see if I can squeeze a chapter in before then.

So, what did you think? I love to hear your responses, so don't be afraid to comment. If you find any typos or have any complaints about how I write the characters, don't be afraid to tell me that either. I read all your comments, and they are my favourite thing about writing fics.

Love you lots, I'll try to update soon!