Kiss me before you go

Sing to me the melody of your heart

Words: 1279

Rating: PG


 

It was 6 AM and Jihoon heard his alarm reverberating throughout his room. He groaned and used one arm to cover his eyes, and the other to search his bedside table for the source of the sound, his phone. When he turned off his alarm, he sat up. He was still so sleepy, but he had to go to school. When he was racking his brain for motivation to get out of bed, he suddenly remembered what happened last Friday night.

He smiled widely and hid his face in his pillow. He had received the title of being Seungcheol’s boyfriend. “Boyfriend” he said the word aloud, and smiled wider. At least now, he was motivated to wake up. He had to go to school to meet his boyfriend, Choi Seungcheol. Jihoon rose from his bed. Just as he did, he heard a beep from his phone.

 

✨Seungcheollie✨:

- Good morning, my handsome boyfriend. I can’t wait to see you at school~ 😄💘❤- 6:00AM

 

He felt a warm fuzzy feeling spreading through his chest, and went to go shower, hoping him rushing a bit would mean he could see Seungcheol quicker.

 

***

 

Seungcheol walked onto the bus to school, and searched after the boy with the familiar pink hair. Once he had located the other, he walked over and sat next to him. Jihoon greeted him with a hug. He leaned over and pecked his cheek.

 

Hello gorgeous.” Seungcheol kissed Jihoon’s nose. “Did you miss me?” Seungcheol asked with a sweet smile.

Of course I did. Did you miss me?” Jihoon replied. He loved when Seungcheol pampered him and showered him in compliments.

 

Always, whenever I’m not with you. Will you mind joining me for lunch today? I want to properly introduce you to my friends.” Seungcheol put his arm around Jihoon.

Properly?” Jihoon gave him a questioning gaze, and leaned into Seungcheol’s touch shortly after.

Well, before we got together I may have talked about you so much that they almost got sick of me. They already know quite a lot about you, but if I’m not mistaken, you haven’t been introduced yet.” Seungcheol seemed a bit embarrassed. Jihoon smiled.

 

Of course I will.” Jihoon laughed. He was almost glad to hear that Seungcheol had annoyed his friends with his babbling about as much as he had.

He had started to recognize the look on Seungkwan’s face whenever he brought his now boyfriend up. It was somewhere between murderous and resigned. He knew his friend had not meant it in a bad way, but he was simply getting tired of listening to Jihoon, and his constant pining.

 

***

 

It was lunch and Jihoon was waiting by the entrance to the cafeteria. His usual routine was waiting for Seungkwan or any of his other friends, and it felt weird not to be with them at lunch. Speaking of the devil, there Seungkwan was, approaching him.

Hey, Jihoon. Why are you waiting here?” Seungkwan asked curiosly.

I’m meeting Seungcheol and his friends at lunch. Hope you don’t mind?” Jihoon replied.

 

Suddenly Seungkwan smiled weirdly. Jihoon was just about to ask him what that was all about, when two hands suddenly covered his eyes. A familiar voice spoke soon after.

Guess who?

 

Seungcheollie, get your hands away from my eyes please.” Jihoon sighed. His boyfriend could be so silly sometimes.

Only if I get a kiss.” He could hear the smile in Seungcheol’s voice.  Even so he was really testing Jihoon’s patience at this point.

Fine.” Jihoon grumbled. As promised, Seungcheol removed his hands. Jihoon turned around and gave him a kiss. If you could even call it that, it was more like a peck.

 

Next to them Seungkwan was making gagging noises.

Gross. Please have some respect for us singles.” He said jokingly. “As repulsive as I find your lovey-dovey behaviour, I am still happy for you. Since you are meeting his friends now, how about you bring him to the club after school? He can get to meet everyone.”

That sounds like a good idea, right?” Jihoon said. Seungcheol nodded. Seungkwan went to leave, but stopped for a second to turn around and say:

Oh, Seungcheol? Feel free to bring any of your own, preferably single, friends with you today.” The comment made them both laugh at the younger boy.

 

***

 

After recollecting themselves they had walked into the cafeteria towards the usual tables of Seungcheol and his friends. There was already a pretty large group of people present, and Jihoon was a bit intimidated.

Hi everyone, this is Jihoon, my boyfriend.” Seungcheol stated, and they received some half-hearted congratulations from the people present. “How about I introduce you to everyone?” Seungcheol asked Jihoon, who nodded in response.

 

This is Mingyu, Wonwoo, Hansol and Jun who are also members of the basketball club.” He gestured to each person respectively, and Jihoon nodded as a greeting to everyone.

And this is Minghao, he is Jun’s…. Ehm…” Seungcheol paused, gesturing to a shy-looking boy with blonde curls. He was clearly looking for a word to describe their connection, but his brain failed to comply.

Nevermind. This is Minghao.” He gave up, trying to continue as fast as possible. The boy recently identified as Jun laughed a little as he moved over to hug a very flustered Minghao.

 

This is Nana, Lizzy and Kaeun. They are all cheerleaders and are in the dance club.” He gestured to three girls sitting at a table. He recognized Nana, and he knew by word of mouth that Nana and Lizzy were dating. Nana was somewhat difficult to miss out on, as she was known throughout the school for her beauty. She had also visited the singing club a couple of times since she was related to Jeonghan somehow.

And lastly, for now at least, this is JR and Ren.” Jihoon had seen them around as well. If he had grasped it correctly, Ren was Nana’s little brother, and was in the same year as him. It had to be something in their blood; the entire family was ridiculously beautiful.

 

Wow, okay, lots of people. Hi, as you probably gathered, my name is Jihoon.” Jihoon said, looking at the ground nervously.

It’s nice to finally meet you. Seungcheol here never shuts up about you. I am not lying either, he literally never talks about anything else.” Mingyu said, and received a punch in the arm from Seungcheol that was just a bit too hard to be playful.

Yeah, every time he was trying to talk to you, he would ask us for advice. He seemed so scared.” Lizzy teased.

 

I’m beginning to regret this.” Seungcheol mumbled under his breath, but Jihoon heard him fine.

Really? I was beginning to fear that I was the only nervous one in this relationship.” Jihoon commented, knowing it might rile up his friends even more.

 

Oh no, that is definitely not the case. Whenever he talks about you, he loses all that confidence and becomes all nervous and scared. ‘What if he hates me? What if I say something wrong? What if I weird him out??’ You should hear him.” Wonwoo said.

Still, I’ll admit he has a point, you are pretty cute.” Wonwoo winked at him jokingly. Suddenly Jihoon felt Seungcheol possessively put his hand on his waist and pull him closer. Jihoon noticed that Mingyu looked offended for some reason, and gave him a look Jihoon couldn’t interpret. Jihoon laughed, to lighten the tense mood, and it worked. The girls started to laugh as well.

Jihoon got up on his tiptoes and gave Seungcheol a kiss on the cheek. Seungcheol’s expression changed from grumpy to giddy in an instant.

 


Hey everyone!

I have been going through an annoying case of writers block lately, so I apologize (yet again) for not updating quicker. Mind you, I wrote most of this at 3-4 AM last night, so I'm sorry if it's really crap. Thanks for all the birthday wishes by the way, you are all so sweet. 

So, what did you think? I love to hear your responses, so don't be afraid to comment. If you find any typos or have any complaints about how I write the characters, don't be afraid to tell me that either. I read all your comments, and they are my favourite thing about writing fics.

Love you lots, I'll try to update soon! (I'll actually try this time, promise.)