Mindnight Date at Lunchtime

Midnight Random

(this author gives credit to the lovely owners of these lovely photos)

 

Ok I agree with Xxen07 and ParkQ_Q16, the last chapter was not a suitable ending… it kind of feels a bit hanging… Mianhe, I admit I tried to squeeze everything in one chapter. I plead guilty. Mianhe!!!! I just want to finish this story within this week because by next week I’ll start to get busy again… I might go back to my cave.

Anyway here is a bonus chapter! I wrote this today after reviewing the previous chapter. I hope you like it. This is really the last chapter! like really the end! :) 

So after that sweet FAMIN kiss in the practice room, what do you think happened next?

--

 

Fany and Hyomin are walking together. The girls are gracious enough to let them have their alone time…well only after a long debate that they all decided to leave the new lovebirds alone. It’s a rather a quiet walk. The two still can’t believe it… it felt surreal.

To Tiffany, she can’t believe that finally she has her ninja beside her. Tiffany looks to her side to check if it is all real. It’s real. It’s definitely real. Tiffany smiles not being able to contain her happiness.

Hyomin’s mind is rather wild. It’s thinking many things like asking a question what to ask, should she start a conversation, how does she start a conversation, is this really happening, does she hold Fany’s hands… and all that sorts. But one thing for sure, Hyomin cannot stop smiling. She keeps looking ahead or to the other side to hide it from Tiffany.

When Tiffany looks to her side, she sees her Hyomin looking away hiding her smile. Fany couldn’t take her eyes away her girl. Hyomin feeling Fany’s gaze, looks at the other. They stare at each other and smiles.

They did not speak any word throughout the walk. Maybe because none of them knows how to start the conversation or they are so filled up with emotions that no words can express.

“This is me.” Tiffany said when they reached her house. “Well, not that you already knew…since we meet every midnight… in our roof… I’m blabbering hehe… well… see you tomorrow.” Tiffany rushed inside her house feeling embarrassed because she blabbered.

“See you.” Hyomin mumbled because Fany has already run inside. Hyomin smiled at how cute Tiffany is.

“Oh Fany dear, I thought I hear you talking to someone.” Mrs. Hwang greeted.

“Ah neh… Hyomin.” Fany answered with her flushed cheeks.

“Hyomin? Is she a new friend of yours?”

“Umm…” Fany started. They have not really talk about the status of their relationship. Fany mentally slaps herself. She does not know how to answer but she will never consider calling Hyomin her friend. “She’s… mine. Yeah. She’s my Hyomin.” Fany said proudly.

“I see.” Mrs. Hwang smiled at her daughter’s act. “Why didn’t you invite Hyomin inside?”

Fany mentally slaps herself again. How can she be rude to Hyomin. She goes to the front door to check if Hyomin is still there but the other is gone already. “I forgot… She left.” Fany said pouting.

“Don’t be sad. I’m sure there will be a next time.”

Fany nods her head.

“Fany will you get the door?” Ms. Hwang called when the doorbell rang.

Fany opened the door and was surprised to see her Hyomin. “What? Did you forget something?” Fany asked though she was happy to see the other girl.

“Yeah… here.” Hyomin passed a bag filled with snacks, energy drinks and compress. “Well… I’m pretty sure my Umma will be guarding the windows now that she found out that I have been sneaking out at night. So… I won’t be able to visit you later and for a few nights…well only until I fully recover.”

“Thanks this is very sweet of you. Though I am really bummed because I really miss our midnight meet-ups.”

“Me too.” The two were staring at each other’s eyes once again. “I’ll see you tomorrow?”

“Yes, see you.”

--

 

The next day

 

They didn’t get to meet. Tiffany got sick. She’s having fever and flu. She caught the virus from… well we all know from whom and how.

“Fany is sick?” Soyeon asked. The student council decided to pay SNSD a visit since the Nationals is just 3 days away. But what they saw was a lifeless SNSD lying flat on the floor.

“Neh. Fany is sick. She needs at least 3 days’ rest. The Nationals is just 3 days away. We need to change the routine all of a sudden. And two of our competitors have similar concepts as us…” Taeyeon narrated in a monotone lifeless voice while lying flat on the floor.

The others looked at each other. “Mianhe, it’s my fault Fany got sick.” Hyomin apologized.

The lifeless bodies all look at Hyomin. “Ani it’s neither your fault nor Fany’s. What happened between the two of you is love and we can never blame love… Never!” Taeyeon preached still in her monotone voice. The rest all agreed with a lifeless “Neh.”

Qri walked near Taeyeon and sat beside her. “Hey, don’t worry. I know you guys can figure something out. We’re here if you need us.”

Taeyeon, still lying, was looking straight at Qri. “If only I can look at you all day.” Taeyeon sighed.

Qri smiled and said, “I’m sure we can work on something about that.”

Taeyeon sat up straight because 1) she realized what she just blurted out to Qri and 2) is she thinking what Qri just said to her.

“Well, how about we talk about it?” Qri offered.

“Sure.” Answered the reborn Taeyeon.

 

“Wow Qri Unnie has moves.” Hyomin commented.

“Yup she does, unlike someone I know.” Seohyun retorted.

“Yah!”

“Seriously Unnie, since when does dressing as a ninja became smooth?”

“Wha… You know what? I don’t need to explain myself to you.”

“Yes please don’t. You wouldn’t even have Fany unnie if it wasn’t for my clues.” Seohyun teased.

Instead of coming back with another comment, Hyomin hugged Seohyun tightly. “Thank you Hyunnie!!!”

“Yah! Hyomin stop spreading your virus to Hyunnie.” Soyeon commanded.

“Protective Sso is it?” Hyomin teased.

“They’re already down one member and it will be no help if another one of them gets sick.” Sso explained but Hyomin can see right through her friend.

“Don’t worry Sso…FOR YOU…I will not harm Hyunnie.” Hyomin teased emphasizing the words FOR YOU and added a wink.

Sso blushed. Seohyun on the other hand didn’t see what happened because she was looking down hiding her blush.

“She’s gone. You can stop hiding now.” Hyomin teased the maknae. She’s having fun getting back at the sly maknae.

“Unnie?” Hyunnie whined after seeing she was tricked.

“I guess… you’re not the only one here who knows someone else’s secret. Unlike you I’m not very good at dropping clues nor am I good at keeping secrets.” Hyomin said and winked before leaving the two alone.

--

 

It’s the day of the Nationals yet Fany is lying in her bed with her laptop in front of her. She feels bummed that she can’t be there but Hyomin makes her feel better. Hyomin has set up a livestreaming video for Tiffany.

The Student Council agreed to perform together with SNSD. They worked on a new routine and concept. They have more dancers, vocals and rappers. Hyomin who just recovered didn’t join them but she filmed everything to show it to Fany.

Being both the judges and the crowd’s favorite, they won the Nationals. They became famous in other schools as well.

--

 

After a few days

 

Fany is back to school. She didn’t really missed much in school because Hyomin kept on giving her notes and tutoring her after class much to Fany's delight. Though they meet almost everyday, Fany still miss their midnight date. The last time they had their midnight date was the night before Hyomin got sick.

“Has anyone seen Hyomin?” She asked. They were having lunch together well except for the missing Hyomin and Yoona.

“Oh yeah Yoona unnie is also not here?” Seohyun noticed.

“I know Yoong is busy with the Drama Club.” Yuri said.

“Maybe Hyomin is helping the Drama Club?” Eunjung thought.

“To help Yoona… why don’t you guys help her instead?” Fany asked the dorks.

“We’re busy… eating lunch.” Hyoyeon answered.

“You mean busy dating” Fany muttered. She feels more lonely because the table is filled with couples or soon-to-be-couples. We all know Tae is with Qri, Soyeon and Seohyun,  Hyoyeon and Boram, the shikshin couple – Sooyoung and Jiyeon, the health-conscious couple Yuri and Eunjung and of course herself and Hyomin. Who would have thought that there will be this very odd pairing but no one knows how love works.

“I heard there’s a new transfer student.” Fany ssaid starting a new topic. She heard the news while she was sick.

“Ahh yeah Jessica Jung. She’s very pretty.” Soo commented.

“Careful Soo, Ji is just beside you.” Fany teased.

“Haha it’s ok Fany Unnie, I agree with Soo she is very pretty.” Ji assured.

“Pretty but such a snob.” Hyoyeon shared.

“She has this icy and princess like aura… ice princess! Yes, that’s what she is called.” Boram said.

 “I heard a few students tried to make a move on her but she just gave them a death glare.” Yuri shared.

“This Jessica sounds like quite a character.” Fany observed.

“Though Hyomin said Jessica is nice compare to popular beliefs.” Qri commented.

Fany’s ears perked up upon hearing her girlfriend’s name in the same sentence with Jessica.

“Yes, Hyomin Unnie was assigned to Jessica’s student buddy during her first day.” Jiyeon explained.

Fany somehow calmed down. Hyomin did mentioned to her that she was tasked to show the new student around the school but what Hyomin failed to mention was that this Jessica Jung is very pretty.

“Maybe she (Jessica) is nice. She is friendly to Hyomin.” Taeyeon said making a certain girl sit up straight. Taeyeon continued, “I mean she greets Hyomin in the hallway whenever they see each other and Hyomin calls her Sica.” Taeyeon continued but she stopped when Qri nudged her. She understands the message upon seeing Fany’s reaction.

“They seem to be close I mean Hyomin did accompany her when she auditioned for the Drama Club.” Hyoyeon said but stopped when she felt the dark cold aura emanating from Tiffany.

HellFany activated.

“Fany unnie… I’m sure there’s nothing… Hyomin unnie is just doing her duty as Student Council when she accompanied Sica unnie…” Seohyun explained trying to calm Fany down.

“Sica unnie?” Fany raised her eyebrow.

“Umm… Hyomin Unnie introduced her to me the other day.” Seohyun explained.

“Where. Is. The. Drama. Club?” Fany asked word by word.

Immediately the girls gave the direction.

--

 

“Fany unnie! what are you doing…here?” Yoona greeted Fany cheerfully but immediately changed after seeing HellFany.    

Yoona used her finger to point the door behind her. She does not want to be in the same room as HellFany.

“Yoona did you forget… Fany?” Hyomin greeted. Hyomin smiled and went to meet her girl. “What are you doing here?”

Tiffany went scanning the auditorium to see if Hyomin has company.

“How do you like it?” Hyomin asked referring to the decorations. “Everyone is out for lunch. I stayed because I wanted to finish this so I can walk you home later.” Hyomin explained.

HellFany deactivated.

“Let’s go to the stage so you can get a closer look.” Hyomin pulled Fany to the stage.

“Wow… it’s beautiful.”

“Jinja?”

“Yes, it’s really beautiful especially this one. It’s my favorite.” Fany said pointing to a particular design Hyomin made.

“Oh same with Sica. It’s also her favorite. She’s the lead actress. She’s nice, you should meet her.” Hyomin said nonchalantly.

HellFany activated!

“Fany where are you going?” Hyomin asked when Fany started walking away.

“I’m going to have lunch! With my friends!”

“Wait! What’s wrong?” Hyomin asked but Fany ignored her and walked faster. Hyomin rushed to Fany and stopped her. She turned Fany and saw anger and hurt in Fany’s eyes. Hyomin is beyond confused why Fany became angry and hurt. “Stay, please.”

Fany did not reply. She would not fall for this again.

“I want to show you something. Please stay here.” Hyomin asked.

Fany nodded but did not smile.

Hyomin went to the stage and switched off the lights making it pitch black and then she switched another lights. The small auditorium is filled with small scattered yellow lights. Like a starry night sky.

Hyomin rushed back to Fany who is mesmerized by the scene. She led Fany back to the stage. “I volunteered to be part of this production when I heard they were going to have this kind of setting.” Hyomin looked at Tiffany and continued, “This was supposed to be a surprise but you got ahead of me. We haven’t had our midnight date in a long time. I’m sure you miss it just as much as I do. I wanted to take you here after I completed it… you know so that we can have our ‘midnight date at lunchtime’.”

HellFany deactivated.

Tiffany smiled shyly.

“I figured we can have our midnight date on lunchtime…” Hyomin giggled.

Tiffany hugs Hyomin.

“Do you like it?”

Fany nodded while still hugging her girl.

“So…” Hyomin took Fany’s hand and they sat at the edge of the stage just like how they sit at Fany’s roof.

They look at each other and laugh.

“Have you eaten?” Hyomin asked.

Fany shook her head.

“Wait I’m pretty sure Sica left some food somewhere here…” Hyomin said while looking around.

Tiffany yanked her hand away.

“Mwo? Are you mad because of Sica?” Hyomin asked. Hyomin is new to relationships. She’s a sweet girl but she’s still very oblivious in many things.

“Sica Sica Sica. You keep mentioning her name. And why do you have to call her Sica?” Fany vent out her jealousy.

Hyomin reached out for Fany’s hand and held it tight. “I’m sorry if kept on mentioning her name though I only remember mentioning her name 2-3 times. I call her Sica because she is my friend.” Hyomin explained but Fany is still looking away. “Yoona likes her. And she likes Yoona.” Fany turned to face Hyomin after those magic sentences.

“Really?” Fany asked.

Hyomin nods. She looks straight at Fany and said, “I’m yours, only if you’ll have me.”

Fany gave her signature eye smile and said, “You’re mine. And I’m yours.”

--

 

another author's note:

 

Thank you! Thank you! to everyone who read, subscribed, comment, voted for this story. i love replying to your comments :)

it was great collaborating with you browtogs09 :) 

And if you see a slight MINSIC here, please forgive me... i just can't ignore my MINSIC heart hehe.

Oh if you'll notice, i never included Sica and Sunny (Sica only in this bonus chapter)... it's because i didnt plant to include them. i cannot make a love triange between sunbyung, minsic and minfany. please dont be mad at me if sunny is not here! i promise i love sunbyung! .... as much as i love my other hyomin ships...ok bye! *runs fast to my cave ahahaha