Midnight Visit

Midnight Random

 

(credit to lovely owners of these lovely photos)

 

Hello!

I hope...I wish you will like this chapter. :) 

by the way...i think i wrote a weird heartbeat sound. anyway if you find any weird sounding words...that's the heartbeat sound hahaha

i like to thank all of you for reading this story of mine. special thanks to those who subscribed, comment, voted this story. i love talking to you all.

this was fun. i must say that i only intended for this to have 3 chapters or so. i guess it reached up to 10 chapters because of the exchange of ideas i had with browtogs09. hehe. it started as a comment to simple conversations...you could say not-so-serious conversation hehe... then to sharing of random ideas...and it became a collaboration hehe. (so if you need bright as the stars ideas...you know whom to go to- browtogs09 ;)) i just hope i give justice to your ideas :D hopefully there will be more collaborations here in aff! 

so ummm...yeah... this is the end. :D

 

--

 

At the Student Council Room.

 

Everyone was surprised to see Hyomin already inside the council room because usually the girl is last to arrive. Hyomin who has her head down looked up and greeted the girls. They all noticed that Hyomin is not her usual overly active weird dorky self. It was only at this moment that they found out that Hyomin has fever. They decided to bring her to the clinic to get some medicine and then send her home.

After going from the clinic, they passed by SNSD’s practice room and saw how the group has been practicing hard. They all agreed that they are really good. But somehow they can feel a different aura from inside the room. it’s like it’s full of tension and stressed.

“Ok take five.” They heard Taeyeon announced.

The council members looked at each other. They wanted to greet the girls but upon seeing that they are seriously training, they thought that maybe they should better not disturb the girls.

After less than minute, they decided to greet them.

Knock. Knock.

SNSD were curious who might be knocking inside their practice room. Seohyun went to open the door.

“Hello!” The council members greeted. “We happened to pass by and saw you guys practicing so we thought of giving these refreshments for all of you.” Soyeon said while the rest waves and smiles.

The girls went to greet their visitors and said thanks.

“We don’t want to disturb you. We just came to drop these by.” Soyeon said.

The girls wanted to spend more time with each other just like the old times but they all knew that Taeyeon will be calling them back to practice. Even Tiffany, who is being quiet because she was afraid her friends will with Hyomin in front of everybody, was happy to see them. She was thankful that her friends spared her this time.

“Fighting!” The student council cheered loudly.

The cheer lightened up the mood and made SNSD smile.  

“We’re still on break.” Taeyeon said making everyone look at her expectantly, “Would you like to stay for a while and join us?” The girls were all delighted to hear that from Taeyeon.

“Well we…” Boram was about to decline when…

“We insist.” Hyoyeon said and pulled Boram inside.

Sso looked at Hyomin to check up on her but Hyomin smiled and said, “I’m fine. Let’s go inside.”

“I’m really happy you guys passed by and gave us these drinks.” Yuri said.

“Did you happen to passed by or you wanted to visit us?” Hyoyeon joked.

“Actually, we came from the school clin…” Jiyeon was explaining when…

“Actually, we were on our way home. Yeah. On our way home.” Hyomin interrupted. Jiyeon found it weird but just let it go.

“I guess you all have plans after school…” Yoona said.

“Ani… actually…” Qri was going to say that it was because Hyomin was sick that they are sending her home but then again…

“Actually, Soyeon thought that we get a time off even just for today and go home early.” Hyomin interrupted. Hyomin avoided her friends gaze by massaging her head.

Hyomin is afraid of being found out by Tiffany. Yes, last night she was ready to reveal herself to Tiffany but why the sudden change today? It was because her friends and Fany’s friends are present. It’s not the right time. Last night could have been the perfect time because it was her and Tiffany alone but they were interrupted. Hyomin has decided to reveal herself to Fany later when they meet at the roof.

Taeyeon invited the council members to watch their practice and give their honest opinion. The girls stayed and watched SNSD practiced. They were all in awe. They all agreed that they dance perfectly but there seemed to be lacking something to which SNSD agrees.

“I’m sorry we can’t really help you…” Soyeon apologized.

“Ani… we are all thankful to all of you. You were all a great help.” Seohyun said.

“I believe you guys can find whatever it is you are looking for. So relax and be confident.” Hyomin cheered.

“Thank you.” Tiffany replied. She was looking straight at Hyomin smiling. The two stayed like that for a few long seconds.

Fany’s friends were all dying trying to hold their breaths. They all wanted to tease the two but at the same they don’t want to ruin the moment. Hyomin’s friends also noticed this and just smiled.

“We better go.” Qri said after a while.

“I will send you Unnies.” Seohyun offered. As they were near the door, Seohyun asked, “Hyomin unnie are you alright? I can’t help but notice that you look pale.”

“Yes she is. It’s weird though because she was perfectly fine yesterday.” Eunjung answered.

“I’m fine, Hyunnie. It’s nothing but a slight fever.” Hyomin said.

“Neh neh. Unnie you should be more careful next time. Maybe you got caught in the rain.” Seohyun replied.

“Did it rain last night?” Eunjung asked.

“Of course you wouldn’t know, you’re probably sleeping soundly. It rained around midnight.” Soyeon answered.

“Huft… I’m sure almost everyone is asleep during that time as well.” Eunjung said.

“Maybe Unnie was out during that time…” Seohyun said.

Hyomin was caught by surprised. She looked at Hyunnie who was looking straight at her. Hyomin couldn’t help but ask whether Hyunnie knows something or maybe SNSD’s maknae is just bluffing.

“Maybe unnie happen to out during midnight, got caught in the rain and got sick.” Seohyun summarized as if she saw the whole thing.

And oh how Hyomin was so nervous, her hands are cold as ice.

“Were you out last midnight?” Sso asked after all Hyunnie has a point.

“Hyomin are you ok? Your hands are really cold. Maybe we should send you home.”  Qri said.

They bid Hyunnie goodbye except for the sick girl who has been very quiet. Hyomin has still not taken her eyes off from Hyunnie because she finds the younger girl’s action very suspicious.

Hyunnie smiled knowingly and winked at Hyomin.

Hyomin’s jaw dropped. She knew the answer to her question. Seo Juhyun really knows. She knows that Hyomin is Fany’s ninja. How? Hyomin does not know the answer to that but she will find out tomorrow. She will ask the sly maknae.

--

 

Seohyun smirked upon seeing her Hyomin unnies reaction. She went back inside the practice room where she saw her unnies teasing Tiffany with Hyomin again. “What’s happening?”

“We were just telling Tiffany that we all noticed her moment with Hyomin earlier.”  Soo said.

“It was short but sweet.” Yoona seconded.

“Don’t tell me you didn’t notice it?” Taeyeon asked.

Hyunnie was happy that the atmosphere inside the practice room has lightened up thanks to their lovely visitors.

“Seriously Fany, why are denying the chemistry between you and Hyomin?” Hyoyeon asked.

“What chemistry? And please stop pushing me with Hyomin.” Fany asked.

“Ok we maybe you guys are still working on your awkward and cute chemistry but you can’t deny that there is some tension between the two of you.” Yuri said her piece.

“I’m not denying anything!” Fany exclaimed making everyone cheer. “But…”

“You’re ninja.” Everyone said at the same time.

“Does she even have any plans of revealing herself to you?” Yuri asked.

“As a matter of fact, yes. Last night she was going to reveal herself but…” Fany sighed as she recalled last night’s events. “But my father interrupted us and in the end she has to go.”

Her friends sighed. They all know that Tiffany is in love and would not give up on her ninja. They can’t do anything but to support their friend.

“Fany unnie” Seohyun called.

“Hmmm”

“Whatever happened to finding your ninja?” Seohyun asked.

“Umm… I guess we got too busy and preoccupied. I mean we were helping the student council and then we have the Nationals.” Fany said her excused. Later on she continued, “I still plan to find her maybe after the Nationals.”

“Have you ever considered that maybe your ninja is just nearby…like so near you that you tend to overlook on her?” Hyunnie asked.

Everyone was now looking at the maknae. The maknae seldom talks about this matter but every time she does, it matters.

“Hyunnie do you happen to know something?” Her unnies kept throwing questions on her. “Omo Hyunnie, don’t tell me your Fany’s ninja?”

“Aniyo!!!” Seohyun denied.

“Then how come you talk like you know something?” Tae asked.

“Unnie I have a theory.” Seohyun answered. “My theory is that Fany unnie’s ninja is very near. Like we all know her. She’s been spending time with us for quite some time. And I think she is just looking for the right time to confess or reveal herself to Fany unnie. Maybe somehow she wishes that Fany unnie will find out who she really was.”

“You speak like you know this person…” Yoona said.

“I do have a theory.” Seohyun replied.

“Tell us who you have in mind…” The unnies suggested.

“It’s just a theory. I might be wrong. I might be right…” Seohyun said though she knew all too well that she is right. “But I think we should let Fany unnie discover it first besides she said her ninja was planning to reveal herself last night.”

The unnies all groaned in response. Tiffany laughed and told Hyunnie, “It’s ok Hyunnie. I’m also curious who you have in mind.”

Everyone was all anticipating the maknae’s brilliant theory.

“I just thought that…” Hyunnie started.

“That…????” Everyone followed through.

“Have you ever considered that…” Hyunnie reprashed.

“That…” For the second time the unnies followed through.

“That you ninja is…” Hyunnie paused for a while and took a breath.

“Is….???” Again everyone followed through.

“Is… one of the student council.” Hyunnie finished.

Her unnies were all quiet from the maknae’s revelation. They were all processing the new information.

“Could you explain further why you think so?” Hyoyen asked.

“Actually it made sense… they are hot, charming, sweet, caring, and their smiles are all beautiful.” Yuri replied.

Fany kept quiet obviously thinking.

“Well it’s just a theory we can all work on. If it happens to be wrong then at least we cancel out someone from the list.” Yoona said.

“We don’t have a list to begin with.” Taeyeon said.

“Well at least we get to start from somewhere.” Soo suggested.

“Maybe we should observe them further. Let’s invite them tomorrow to our practice.” Hyoyeon suggested.

“But we need to make up a reason.” Yuri said.

“We just tell them that we need their honest opinion.” Tae gave a solution to which everyone agreed. “So tomorrow we invite them again!”

“Omona Fany, just imagine if one of them is your ninja…” Hyoyeon said dreamily… “You’re so lucky… I just hope it’s no Boram.” Hyoyeon mumbled the last part but was still heard. The girls began teasing Hyoyeon.

“I don’t think it’s either one of Boram unnie or Soyeon unnie. Fany unnie said her ninja is tall and slender.” Seohyun said leaving only four candidates from the student council. Oh how her unnies only wished that Fany’s ninja is not their crush.

 

Later that midnight

 

Fany was feeling all tired. Her body feels so heavy with all the dancing they’ve done earlier. SNSD has been practicing every day to prepare for the upcoming Nationals. Fany decided to lie down and though she can feel her eyes closing, Fany refuses to sleep because she’s waiting for her ninja. Seohyun’s words earlier have been bothering her ever since.

There was a knock from Fany’s window. Tiffany went to open the window and was greeted by her ninja. All of the sudden, all Fany’s exhaustion was washed away. 

Her ninja asked whether she woke Fany up.

“Ani I was just resting while waiting for you. Taeyeon made us dance the routine like more than 20 times today. That girl is really something when she’s stressed and pressured.” Fany complained.

Her ninja asked whether she wanted to take a rest instead.

Fany shook her head. “I was waiting for you.”

Her ninja smiled and nodded as if saying it’s fine if they call it a night.

“But… I have been looking forward to this.” Fany wanted to protest. Fany was pouting…her ninja will always give in to her pout. Fany wanted to meet her ninja hoping that her ninja will make the revelation tonight. And right now she can see her ninja was about to nod her head.

“Achoooo!” Her ninja looked away and sneezed.

It was then that Fany noticed that her ninja’s lips looks paler than the usual. “Are you sick? Did you get sick because you got caught in the rain last night?” Fany asked full of concern.

Her ninja smiled and motioned she’s ok.

“Well, you shouldn’t be outside. It’s cold and you might get worse.” Fany said. “I guess we should call it a night so you can rest. Besides, you got sick partly because of me.”

Her ninja shakes her head. She caresses Fany’s face and looks right to the other’s eyes. It was as if she was saying that it was not Fany’s fault and that she wanted to be here to spend time with Fany.

Fany smiled understanding what her sweet ninja wanted to say. Their relationship has gotten into a level that just by looking at each other’s eyes they can understand what the other wanted to say. “Arasso. We both need to rest. You need to rest to get better while I need to rest to reenergize my body so that I can survive tomorrow’s practice.”

Her ninja made a “Fighting!” sign.

“Fighting!”

After her ninja left Fany lies down to her bed feeling a bit bummed. After a few seconds, Fany was already sleeping soundly. It must have been a right decision after all.

--

 

The next day

 

SNSD didn’t get to invite the Student Council because they have costume fitting. Everyone was bummed out because they were all looking forward to seeing Fany's potential ninja. 

Later that midnight, Fany was visited by her ninja. Fany was deeply touched that despite that her ninja is sick, still visited her. Her ninja even brought Fany energy drink with a cute drawing of a ninja saying “Fighting!”

How Tiffany wanted to talk to her ninja. She wanted her ninja to reveal who she really is but she also understands that her ninja is sick and needs to rest. Fany also needs to rest for the competition.

--

 

The following day

 

The council members get to watch SNSD’s practice. Everyone was on full watch to find out who among the Council member is Fany’s ninja. Tiffany on the other hand is pretending not to care but deep inside she is curious as well. The candidates are Eunjung, Jiyeon, Qri and Hyomin.

Fany was trying to see if she can recognize her ninja in Eunjung but no… she then moved to Jiyeon still she sees nothing… to Qri there is a possibility but she feels no chemistry with Qri… Fany then looked at Hyomin but she finds the other girl looking at her. Tiffany quickly averted her gaze. “Ugh this is insane!” She muttered.

“What’s insane?” Tae asked. “Were you trying to check if one of them id your ninja??” She teased.

“Shut up.” Fany said. She was really embarrassed that Hyomin caught her looking.

“Ok. Please tell us your honest opinion.” Tae said to the council members.

Fany danced but her eyes kept wandering to the four. She does not know why but her eyes keep falling on Hyomin. Throughout the whole performance Fany ended up watching only Hyomin’s reaction. Somehow it really mattered to her.

After the performance, everyone was clapping. But Fany’s eyes is only at Hyomin. The way Hyomin claps her hands…

Dug dug.

Everyone was smiling but Fany was only looking at Hyomin’s smile…

Dug dug.

Most of her friends went to meet Hyomin’s group but Fany stood on her place. She watches as Hyomin giggles. How her shoulders shakes when she laughs…

Dug dug.

Hyomin looked at Fany’s direction and smiled while giving an approve sign. How Hyomin’s eyes are looking and smiling…

Dug dug.

A giggle. Fany heard a giggle behind her and saw Seohyun. Somehow she was disappointed that Hyomin was actually talking to Seohyun.

“Unnie, aren’t you going there to ask for their opinion? Or maybe at least thank them?” Seohyun asked. “I mean they took the time to go here and watch our performance.”

“Neh.” Fany answered absentmindedly.

“…Even when Hyomin unnie is sick…” Seohyun might have said something else before or after this but Fany only heard this part.

“Hyomin is sick?” Fany asked.

Seohyun inwardly smiled. “Neh maybe 2 or 3 days ago. She was caught in a midnight rain.” Seohyun said before leaving Fany and joining the others. How the maknae hope that her unnie will finally catch her clues.

“Midnight rain…” Fany uttered.

Dug dug.

Fany stood there and watch Hyomin. Oh how she can hear her heartbeat becomes louder.

Dug dug.

Hyomin looked at her and smiled. Fany smiled back. She started walking towards them without removing eye contact. Fany ignored or didnt notice the others call because her heartbeat is so loud.

Dug dug.

Fany stood right in front of Hyomin. “Hey” Her mind is so blank that all she can think of a word to say is ‘Hey’.

“Hey.” Hyomin greeted back. To tell you honestly, this girl can’t think of a word to say as well.

They were looking at each other eyes.

The others were watching them.

Fany smiled making Hyomin smiled. And the next thing you know…

Fany wrapped her arms around Hyomin’s nape and kissed her. Hyomin returned the kiss and wrapped her arms around Fany’s waist. Their friends were shocked but later on made a deafening cheer.

“I found you.” Fany said still her arms around Hyomin.

“Aren’t you disappointed or mad or…” Hyomin worriedly asked but Fany shook her head.

“Deep down I was always hoping it was you.” Fany confessed. "And now it's true." Fany said giving her famous eye smile that has melted the heart of a certain awkward ninja.

--

 

 

author's note:

 

actually this is not the end...hehe i ended up writing a bonus chapter hehe...read on to the next chapter :)