Chapter 8

The Affair

Their relationship was slowly deteriorating more and more without each of them realizing it. They both were too busy with getting their respective careers up and running that they did not realize that they were slowly but surely drifting further and further apart.

They stopped going out on dates, spending time with each other, stopped the affections that they would show for each other and the worse was that they stopped talking altogether…  He sort of saw it coming when she decided that they should go their separate ways so that they would not hold each other back.

However, it was not until she left that he realized just how much intertwined they are with each other and he started to miss her presence terribly…

He decided that he would win her back again because he realized just how much he still loves her…

He will do whatever it takes to get her back and this time he will make sure that she is happy again…

~~~~~~~~~~

“Cut! Let us take a break.”

“That was a really good take!”  Jackson commented as Mino began to make his way to editing corner to view the take.

“Thanks.” Mino answered while his eyes kept drifting to the door wondering when Taehyun was going to show up.

“He is not coming in today.  He is tied up with another launch event for another new brand that they will be releasing.” Jackson supplied knowingly.

Mino’s expression could not help but to darken slightly as he turned towards the producer. He seriously did not like the fact that Taehyun and him were that close even though Taehyun had already made it clear that they were good friends.   

“So you both are together now…” Jackson began.

Oh so here we go…

“Yes, any problems?”  Mino almost gritted out his reply in annoyance.

“No… No problem at all. There is no need to get all defensive..” Jackson answered easily.

“No problem is good then and I intend to keep it that way.”

“Well, just know that Taehyun is very important to me and a very dear friend. I hope that you will make him happy.”

“You don’t have to worry about that. I will see to it that Taehyun is happy with me.” Mino declared.

“I will definitely hold you to that…”

One of these days, he had to find the time to ask the younger guy just what exactly this Jackson guy means to him.

“Good… then we have a common understanding. If he is ever unhappy, I will hesitate to step in.”

Though Jackson’s reply was polite but Mino could sense the challenge behind that statement all the same.

“Don’t worry, you will never have to.”

~~~~~~~~~~

“So how did you know Jackson?” Mino could not help but to ask about the guy the next time he was at his place.

“Why the sudden curiosity?” Taehyun asked as he snuggled closer to Mino, finding his favourite spot on the older guy's shoulders.

“I am just curious that is all...” Mino tried to answer the question as nonchalantly as he could but as usual Taehyun could see through him in a flash.

“Song Minho… Are you jealous again?” Taehyun adjusted so that he was lying on top of Mino and being able to look at his expression.

“I am really just curious….” Mino shrugged.

“Yah… like I will believe you…” Taehyun rolled his eyes. It is amazing to him that he could still see Mino’s bull from a mile away.  

“Humor me? Please?” Mino asked Taehyun’s cheek affectionately.

Taehyun sighed before he shifted slightly so that he was more comfortable while lying on top of the rapper.

“Well, I met him when he got lost while trying to find his way to his class. We managed to hit off quite well. He helped me with my English while I helped him with his Korean.”

Mino was silent as he just listened to the younger guy all the while so his back soothingly.

“I think because there was another friend who I could communicate with. I did not feel so lonely or homesick during my three years there as I thought I would be.” Taehyun mumbled.

“I am really sorry that I took you for granted before. I was young and immature and I should have never taken you for granted. The words I used at you then were harsh and thoughtless.” Mino apologized again hoping that this time his sincerity would reach the younger guy.

“I came to realize that at that point in my life I was at my lowest and everything seems like a burden and I took it out on you and that was totally uncalled for…”

This time it was Taehyun’s turn to listen as Mino continued to talk the things and words that he wished to tell the younger guy for so long.

“I actually went to England but I saw with Jackson so I thought you moved on so I left quietly as I came.”

Taehyun sat up in shock.

“What?!?! You came all the way to England to find me yet you did not even talk??” Taehyun exclaimed.

“Please do not be mad… I saw you hugging Jackson so I thought you found someone else.” Mino sheepishly added.

“You made me think that it was over between us! I cannot believe you are so stupid!” Taehyun started whacking him.

“I am sorry Taehyun-ah...” Mino apologized while tightening his hold over the now wriggling to get out his hold, Taehyun.

“I hate you!” Taehyun grumbled.

Mino spent the next half an hour explaining to the younger guy the situation and hoping to get his understanding and forgiveness in the midst of the “I hate yous” and hands raining down on his chest. However, Mino was glad that he managed to explain his feelings to the younger and not have the younger guy having the thought that he did not love him anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~

Song Minho spotted in Hongdae with a mystery figure…

Recently, famous rapper Song Minho was spotted out in Hongdae with a mysterious person dressed in black. The popular idol rapper was seen a few times with the same person as they went into restaurants and clubs in the area. Please stay tuned for more breaking updates as we try to contact the either sides for a comment.

Source : Naver

~~~~~~~~~~

[BREAKING] Song Minho & Nam Taehyun… More than friends?

Song Minho spotted leaving apartment complex which according to our sources, is the apartment where chaebol heir, Nam Taehyun lives. The idol had been seen leaving the apartment building for the past few occasions at wee hours in the morning. We are trying to reach YG for a comment.

Source : Dispatch Korea

~~~~~~~~~~

“Nam Taehyun…  Do you mind explaining why you appear on some tabloid reports and you are dating Mino again is this true?” Seohyun’s voice floated through the receiver and Taehyun could not help but wince in reaction to his sister’s chilly tone.

“Noona…”

“Don’t “noona” me… I did not know you love pain so much Taehyun-ah…”

“I love him…” Taehyun sighed as he answered his sister.

“Does he make you happy?” She asked him softly after a few long moments of silence.

“Yes, he does noona… Even though it might end again but he makes me happy.” Taehyun answered with a wistful smile that he did not even realize he was sporting.

“Then I guess I cannot argue with you on that… However, I still do not like him and if he hurts you again I will kick his again like the last time.”

Taehyun could not help but to laugh at his sister’s reaction.

“I know you would. It means a lot to me that I have your understanding.”

“You are my brother, silly... Well, like the people around me saying that you are old enough. I guess I need to let you go and fly off on your own right? Like some people are telling me...” Seohyun grumbled but at the background Taehyun could hear the distinctive laughter of Changmin hyung.

“Or you can still keep holding on but you will feel bad and guilty because I will be unhappy..” Taehyun could not help but to joke.

“YAH… So I guess I will be seeing Mino as your plus one on my wedding day this Saturday?” She asked.

“Most probably if his schedule permits… Do you want him there? I can eplain to him if you do not want to, he will understand.” Taehyun answered just as Mino walked into his office looking all flustered and worried.

“No need to... I don't hate him, just do not see eye to eye when it comes to you but mum and dad would love to see how he is doing since it has been a while since they met so bring him along… Oh! Don’t worry about the articles. The PR team is looking into it. We will mirror what Mino’s agency is doing. I think will die down soon so no big deal.”

“Thank you noona… I love you.” Taehyun smiled into the receiver.

“I love you too kiddo.” Seohyun answered before they hung up the call.

“What brings you here?” Taehyun asked even though he knew fully well the reason the rapper was there in the first place given the look Mino had.

“Taehyun-ah, I am so sorry for the articles. I did not know I was being papped on the streets. I should have known better than to act so carelessly and put you in the spotlight.”

“Well, you are a public a figure so I should have known better as well… That is why I don’t want to do idol relationship. I mean this does complicate things…” Taehyun sighed before closing his eyes as he massaged his temples.

“You are not thinking about what I am thinking of right now right?” Mino asked worriedly as he crossed over to where Taehyun sat to pull him up and guide the younger male to the couch where they could be more comfortable.

“Erm… what am I supposed to be thinking right now?” Taehyun asked looking at Mino with a confused face.

“We are not breaking up right?”

“That thought have not crossed my mind…” Taehyun answered as he watched the rapper breathe out a sigh of relief.

“Yet…” Taehyun playfully added and could not help but to laugh when Mino let out a frustrated groan.

“Taehyun-ah…”

“I was just kidding! Well Noona told me that she is getting PR to handle it and I think your company will be denying those rumors… I mean we are friends who just happened to hang out together... The paparazzi are just making a mountain out of a non-existent molehill.“  Taehyun explained smiling a little as Mino was playing restlessly with his hands.

Mino somehow did not like the way Taehyun answered the question. There was this lightness and nonchalance that did not quite sit well with the older male. There was something in the tone of his voice that made him think that the younger guy somehow still had this hidden wall.

He did not like that one bit at all.

“Will you be able to attend noona’s wedding with me?” Taehyun asked mentally dusting away the cobwebs that Mino had.

“She won’t mind me being there?” Mino asked the younger male hesitantly.

“She is just worried about me but she is okay with you even though she may not sound like it. You will be my date whether she likes it or not. Mum and dad wouls like to see you too.”

“Well it is still her wedding. Her big day…”

“She is really okay with it. She told me to get you to come if your schedule permits.” Taehyun shrugged.

“Then I will be there with you. I will clear it out for you. No problem.” Mino smiled before leaning down to give him a kiss.

“Great… I was hoping to be able to attend it with you anyway.”

~~~~~~~~~~

 [UPDATE] Song Minho & Nam Taehyun… More than friends?

YG has responded that Mino had been busy with album productions and was unable to reach him for a proper update but from what they know Mino and Taehyun had been school mates and good friends so it was natural that they will meet up.

Nam Taehyun's side had also confirm that there was nothing romantic just strong friendship between two friends who attended the same high school together. It was norm for them to hang out whenever they have their free time. Mino has been a long time family friend of the Nam's  

It looks like the rumors are just rumors for now.

Source : Dispatch Korea

~~~~~~~~~~

It was a beautiful Saturday that was fit for a beautiful garden wedding. Taehyun watched his sister walking down the aisle with their father smiling radiantly as she looked at her soon to be husband. Even though she was put into an arranged marriage with Changmin hyung but it turned out well since both of them were head over heels in love so it was a happy ending.

Taehyun was happy that the happy couple were one of rare and happier ones in a period where arrange marriages were common and prevelant among the wealthy as they aim be even wealthier.

He felt the person sitting beside him squeezing his hand lightly just as the couple began reciting their vows.  Taehyun could not help but to on the inside when Mino turn around to smile at him.

“Your sister looks so happy.”

“She does doesn’t she?” Taehyun nodded in agreement as the bride and groom proceeded on to the wearing of the wedding rings.

“And so will we too.” Mino mumbled.

“I hope so…” Taehyun murmured softly in the midst of the loud clapping and cheering…

But Mino heard it all the same…

~~~~~~~~~~

“It was some wedding isn’t it?” A familiar voice that Mino immaturely came to find it irritating spoke up as the new joiner came over to stand beside him at the bar.

“It is definitely worthy of a page 6 of the society pages of tomorrow’s paper. As anyone would expect from the Nam’s.” Mino agreed figuring he could at least be polite for Taehyun’s sake since he was going to be around Taehyun’s circle.

The two men stood in silence as they watched Taehyun swiftly cut in to steal the gorgeous bride for a dance.

“Despite all the years in England, he never got over you. Even tough you both broke up, he never entertained any one who might have any ideas…” Jackson began.

Even tough the rapper was silent and was just staring at Taehyun on the dance floor, Jackson could tell he had Mino’s full attention just from the way his hand slightly tightened around the rim of his wine glass.

“I knew you came to England to look for him, I saw you at the club that night. It was childish but the immature side of me then played up a simple platonic hug into something more to hurt you. I am sorry but I was just angry that you treated Taehyun like back then.”

“It is okay. I guess I deserved it. I did took Taehyun for granted. So guilty as charged.” Mino shrugged.

“I know you feel like Taehyun has been putting up a wall between you and him. I also know you cant quite figure out how to talk to him about it but I think this might help you.” Jackson continued on before putting a folded piece of paper next to Mino’s empty wine glass.

“I will see you at the next filming. It will be the last part."

"Why are you doing this?" Mino could not help but to ask.

"I want to see my friend being truly happy. How do you think the story is going to end?” he asked cryptically before turning around to leave.

Mino wondered if Jackson was referring to the music video’s story line or the situation between him and Taehyun.

He stared at the slip of paper that the guy left behind. It looked as though it has been torn from a page of a notebook and meant to be thrown away judging by the fact that it was looking really crumpled. He wondered what kind of content would he find if he were to read it and how will it explain to him Taehyun’s behavior around him.

Staring at the unassuming slip of paper for a few more seconds, Mino picked it up and slipped it into his pocket before moving over to steal Taehyun away for a dance.

He will read it later when he gets back home.

~~~~~~~~~~

I AM SO SORRY I TOOK SO LONG TO UPDATE!! I had too much other fics I wanted to write plus the namsong fan fic fest that somehow this took a backseat. I hope that I have not lost anyone... Anyways, here is the LONG OVERDUE update and will plan to update the net one soon! As sual no silent readers please...