Chapter 9

The Affair

Mino could see the little furrow in the younger’s the closer he approached to Taehyun’s side.

“What’s with the frown?” Mino asked as he slipped his hands around Taehyun’s waist.

“What were you and Jackson talking about?” Taehyun asked as they swayed together along with the music.

“Hmmm he was telling how beautiful your sister looked tonight.”

“Are you sure? Because you both don’t look like that kinds who just talk about that.” Taehyun looked at his boyfriend skeptically.

“I swear...  That was all that we talked about. Well, we also talked a bit about the last filming but that was really just it.” Mino smiled again.

“Fine… I cannot wait to get back home. I am so tired. I swore noona was driving each of us insane with all the last minute prep.”

“Well, it turned out really well… it is an amazingly beautiful wedding.”

“Yes a lot of blood, sweat and tears went into this…” Taehyun muttered as he leaned in closer to Mino.

“Yes, you definitely deserve something very nice after the wedding celebrations is over.” Mino whispered while enjoying the feel of having Taehyun leaning closer into his touch.

“I will be looking forward to what you have planned then.”

~~~~~~~~~~

They did not get back to Ta6ehyun’s place until it was close to 1am in the morning. The younger guy immediately headed for the shower. Though Mino desperately wanted to join him, he had other things to worry about like the little piece of paper that weighed heavy inside his pocket. Since Taehyun was not around, Mino figured it was the correct time to settle his curiosity.

From what Mino could see, the piece of paper seemed to be ripped out from a note book that was meant for the trash judging from the state that it was in.

Smoothing out the creases to the best that he could, he began to read the words that were written on it.

~~~~~~~~~~

01st April 2015

I told Mino that we should have an affair the week before and he agreed. I could tell that even he was just as confused as I was. I guess I could understand where his confusion was coming from.

Having an affair? One might think that it was a joke especially since it was between a couple who obviously loves each other. However, I think an “affair” is appropriate tern. Since having one is something interesting over something as typical or as mundane as a relationship.

By having this “affair”, I can keep the excitement or seem to be someone else. Isn’t that what mistresses seemed to have over their lovers? Because they are more interesting and the air secrecy adds to the excitement one might feel.

I get to be the “dirty little secret”. I will not come across as someone who reads too much, introverted or boring. The arrangement itself is enough to keep you interested in me for as long as it is going to last.

So during this period there will be no books, no dates to quiet places. I will just do the things that you enjoy.

Do I love you?  

Of course, I do. Always have and always will.

I think having an affair is absolutely stupid and pointless. Why have an affair when the parties involved love each other? I do not understand it at all…

However with that said, I don’t think my heart can stand another heartbreak once you start to lost interest. So having such a temporary will lessen the pain I hope.

So if you decide to end things between, I hope that maybe you could consider the following:

If you are going to break my heart, please do it in advance? Preferably 6 months in advance? It seems about right.

Give me time to deal with pain…

The rejection…

The image of you walking out of the door and out of my life once again…

Give me time to be okay being alone again…

Most importantly… Give my heart the time to get over you again…

~~~~~~~~~~

Mino was stunned for a good while. He always knew Taehyun was being weary and being careful about the new state of things between them but he never would have thought that this was the extent of his fear. The weight of his guilt that was on his shoulder suddenly felt like a ton of bricks.

Without thinking any further he made his way towards the bedroom, he had to talk to Taehyun. He was going to make sure he understood how important Taehyun was to him…

~~~~~~~~~~

Things were getting harder than Mino thought initially when he dreamt about getting into the entertainment industry. His routine was now made up of countless lessons such as dance, rap, singing and lots more that he cannot even remember. All he knew was that his body was just moving along with the motion.

Mino felt as though he was slowly losing his connections to his outside world. He has not spoken much to his family or his friends or even to Taehyun. As the days went by and he felt as though he was suffocating each and every minute he was there.

He seriously wondered if going into the entertainment industry was the right choice for him. The thought of him debuting seem like moving target that was something he could never seem to catch no matter how hard or how close he gotten.

Exactly what was he working so hard for?

He was starting to lose interest in the hobbies he used to enjoy and creating music became more and more of a chore for him as the songs was not to his satisfaction and felt not good enough. He figured he was in some kind of deep rut that he needs to find his way back again.

“Let’s go out tonight, Taehyun-ah…” Mino told him during one of those rare nights where he had the time to meet up with his lover.

“Don’t you have an evaluation coming up at the end of this week? Don’t you need to practice? Did any of the staff followed you when you came out?”

“No! Not you too! You are sounding like everyone around me.” Mino groaned before clamping his hands around his ears like a spoiled child.

“You are recording for the survival show. You cannot be seen by the public acting to carelessly.”

Taehyun wanted to roll his eyes so hard at Mino’s childish actions but there was something in his voice that stopped him from doing so. Taehyun suspects that there was something more to it. so, he decided to wait and see if he could get it out from his boyfriend.  

“Stop sounding like my mother. If I wanted to meet my mother, I can just go home. Besides, why can’t I go out? In fact, let’s show to the public that I am in a relationship.”

“No stop it. It will not do good to either of us…” Taehyun countered trying not to strangle the life out of Song Mino.

“Why it is the perfect idea!”

“If you are feeling suffocated or bored, then go pick up a new hobby or go home for some time out. Do not use what we have right here and share it out with the public just because it was seems like the mot convenient thing to use. “ Taehyun muttered suddenly he felt tired with dealing with Mino at the moment.

“You are just scared of being with me right? You don’t love me enough…”

Well that escalated quickly… Taehyun thought to himself. 

“Now you are being unreasonable how could you think that way about me?”

“You know what I am not sure if we are going to work…” Mino muttered softly under his breath but Taehyun heard it all the same.

“Are you asking for a break up?!” Taehyun asked incredulously. This was not exactly what he had in mind when he met up with Mino.

“Yes because you don’t care enough about me.”

“That is bull!”

 Seeing there was no other way of talking sense to the guy in front of him.

“Fine, since you want to break up then let’s break up.” Taehyun muttered before storming out of Mino’s dorm carrying with him the hot tears and the feel of his heart breaking into pieces...

~~~~~~~~~~

Taehyun was just coming out of the shower when a pair of strong hands wrapped around his waist tightly from behind him. Luckily, he knew who it was if not he would have used his self-defense skills on the poor soul and that would definitely not be a pretty sight to watch.

“What is wrong?” Taehyun asked as he moved towards the cupboard to take out his sleeping clothes with Mino following him as he moved along not wanting to let go.

“I am so sorry Taehyun-ah…”

“Sorry for?” Taehyun asked feeling confused and wondered what brought about the sudden change in the mood and Mino sounded really guilty for some reason.

“I read it and I am so sorry.” Mino mumbled softly against his skin as though trying to soothe.

“I still do not get what you are talking about.” Taehyun answered as he turned to face Mino this time.

Mino said nothing as he showed him what was he holding in his hand.

Taehyun could not recognize the piece of paper since it was badly crumpled but spotted a few of the words in his handwriting and came to realize what it was.

“So you read that… I wrote it a while back… How did you even manage to get hold of it? Was it what Jackson gave you back at the reception?”

“I am really sorry that you have to feel this way around me.”

“It is fine… I am fine… It was a while back and I forgotten about it.” Taehyun answered but the look on Mino’s face told him that he did not buy a single word of his reason.

“ I just don’t want you to have to act around me like you need to be a different person. I love you for who you are. You can read your books, go to the museum or whatever. It does not have to be the things I like to do. I will enjoy doing the things that you like to do too.”

“But wont you find it boring?” Taehyun asked softly suddenly he could not find the strength to look into Mino’s eyes.

“I was young and immature then. I have grown up now and I am not going to make the same mistake twice of taking you for granted or letting you go again.” Mino replied as he lifted Taehyun’s chin so that he could take a look at the younger guy.

At the moment, Taehyun’s heart swelled at the words. Closing his eyes, he stepped forwarf so that he could hug his lover and could not help but to smile when he felt the older male tighten his arms around him even more.

“You will never be boring Taehyun-ah.”

“I love you Song Minho...” Taehyun mumbled as he nuzzled into the crook of his neck.

For the first time since they got back together that Mino actually felt the genuine sincerity in his voice. He guided them towards the bed and went on to show Taehyun just how much the younger meant to him.

~~~~~~~~~~

They got back together yet he felt that she was different around him. There was definitely something different about her that he could not quite put his finger on it.

She acted differently around him. She was more carefree and more light in the way she deal with him and it was refreshing to him at first but somehow he felt more and more unsettled as time went on…

He wanted the “old” her back…

Until one day, he could not tolerate it any longer and decided to talk to her about it no matter how much she tried to brush the topic aside. Just as he thought he would not be able to get through to her, she began to talk to him honestly about how she felt, how hurt she was, and how she did not want to be hurt again.

He felt guilty for what he did to her. He wanted nothing more to hold her in his arms and reassure her that he was here to stay and he has changed for the better. However, he knew that with time and actions will eventually win her confidence in him again. He will be there with her every step of the way through the good times and the bad.

She might be skeptical of it at first but then began to trust him when she realized that he actually meant what he said. Their relationship took another turn for the better that she did not even think that it could be possible to fall even deeper in love with him.

As he waited down at the end of aisle, he knew that she was the one he was going to spend the rest of his life with and could not wait to get started to on their forever together.

~~~~~~~~~~

“I would began to take questions from the audience.” The emcee of the press conference announced after the music video for warm-up their single ended.

“The shots and the feelings portrayed in the music video we watched, was it mostly from your real experiences you had from your past relationships?”

“In a lot of way, we all can relate to this kind of feeling and situations, it is pretty common in relationships so it was not because of a particular member’s past but parts of it from all our pasts.” Zico answered to the sea of reporters who were seated and furiously taking notes.

“You are starting with a ballad to lead up to the album release. Were there any concerns?”

“We wanted to challenge ourselves and not just to be seen as rappers who cannot sing. We are surprised that the song came out so well.” P.O answered smoothly earning approval from the members.

“Any last question before we close the event?”

“I have one for Song Minho-ssi. Is it true that you have dated Nam Taehyun in the past? Are you still together or have broken up for good?”

Mino could not help but to turn to their manager who shook his head in defeat. Apparently, this question was not in the pre-prepared list. He took a deep breath before he mustered a smile to address the question.

“There was no break up of any kind because we were never dating in the first place. He and I were just schoolmate who went to the same school. We are just very good friends because we hung out with the same circle. If there is nothing else, we thank you for taking the time to attend the press conference.”

With that, the three of them stood up to leave the hall.

“Well, that was an awkward way to end things.” Zico muttered as they headed out of the venue with their manager.

“I swear we screened through all their question. The one he asked was not in the list that was given to us to look through.”

“I know. It just to have to talk about him during an event that was meant for the album.”

“It is okay. The media are too focused on your rumor with him so it was bound to be asked but you handled it well.” P.O patted Mino on the shoulder.

“You are just adding salt onto to his recently single status.” Zico teased.

“We are still together. He is the one who thinks that we are on a break. Well, he is wrong. I am not going to down without a fight. He can't just break up without a proper reason.” Mino grumbled with a darkened expression.

That silly Nam Taehyun! 

Mino was not going to lose him for a second time and if Nam Taehyun thought he could just shake him off then he would be in for a surprise.

~~~~~~~~~~

Hihi, i am so sorry that this update took so long to be out... Things had been busy and i was away for a bit... I hope that you are still reading this story though... As usual, no silent readers place, let me know yourr thoughts... Oh and Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri to all muslim readers... :) See you all soon 

p/s : sorry for another cliffy! :)