Chapter 10

The Affair

“Why are you being so stupid about this?” Jinwoo asked exasperatedly as he sat on Taehyun’s bed. He was trying to resist the urge to give the maknae a hard whack to his head. He swore he never came across someone who was so stupid when it came to matters regarding the heart.

“I…” Taehyun tried to explain himself but the words seemed to have died in his throat suddenly.

“You are being stupid. You are just trying to find ways to not hurt yourself even when things are going well… Well… love hurts… You are making a mistake about this…” Seungyoon quipped before he popped more fruits into his mouth.

Seungyoon’s statements prompted Seunghoon to look at the guy incredulously.

“Whatever happened to “damn that effing Mino and worry about yourself”? Since when did you have a change of heart?”

“Since the day he realized that he loves me.” Jinwoo answered from his spot that immediately prompted Seunghoon to make a gagging face.

“Yah! You two stop it with the mushy-ness! We need to go back to the main thing… Taehyun-ah so why did you break up with Mino again? I thought things were going great?”

“I…” Taehyun tried again however this time being interrupted by Jinwoo.

“He is being stupid again which is why he can’t seem to formulate a logical answer to our prodding. You are throwing something very precious away just because you are being scared and we cannot sit idly by and watch you go through with it.”

“You both were having a good relationship why suddenly you asked for a break up? I am really curious about that…” Seungyoon asked wondering what was Taehyun even thinking.

“His new album will be launching soon and he will be busy. I don’t think I should become a distraction for him or worse get him caught in a scandal. We almost already did… Remember?”

Taehyun knew he sounded more like he was trying to convince himself instead of the three who had their eyes all on him at that moment.

“You sound like you are trying to convince not just us but more importantly, yourself. You know sometimes you need to take the leap of faith.” Jinwoo advised.

“We all support whatever decision but not this when it is so plain on your face that is not what you truly want and we can all tell that you are not happy.” Seungyoon answered before leaning to give Jinwoo a kiss.

“Ewww… Enough PDA. Let’s go out and have a drink. There is nothing like drinks to clear a troubled head. After that, I am sure you know what you need to do.”  

“I don’t really want to go out tonight.” Taehyun protested.

However, the three of them were not willing to hear any form of protest or rejection from the youngest.

“I don’t care what you are saying. You are coming with us whether you like it or not.” Seunghoon declared before throwing a few clothing he picked from Taehyun’s closet.

Taehyun could only sigh as he saw three pairs of eyes staring pointedly at him leaving him no choice but to change and head out.

~~~~~~~~~~

Hoonie Hyung  :  We have managed to convince the maknae to come out with us to usual place. If you want to talk to him, this is your chance.

Mino : Thanks hyung. It is more than enough. I just need to get him to listen to what I have to say.

Hoonie Hyung : No problem. Good luck! I hope it works out well for you.

~~~~~~~~~~

“Taehyun come on! Live a little! Don’t just stand there like a wooden statue! Dance!” Seunghoon shouted over the loud music playing the club before throwing his head back and just dance.

“I am fine… I will be at the bar... I am suddenly feeling thirsty…”

“Okay sure. I will come along with you.”

“I am not a kid hyung that needs babysitting. I will be fine just go and have fun.” Taehyun waved him off.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes I am… for the last time, I am fine.”  Taehyun answered before he turned towards the direction of the bar.

Taehyun was sipping his drink when Jinwoo seemed to have magically appeared from out of nowhere.

“Why are you alone?”

“You know how I feel about clubs, hyung… “

“I know but we want you to have fun, relax and not worry about your personal life for while.” Jinwoo answered as he slipped his arm around Taehyun’s shoulders. He was smiled widely when he saw that the maknae was not shaking off his hand.

“Hey… Can I get you a drink?” A stranger suddenly came to stand beside Jinwoo asked not the least bit sorry that he was interrupting their conversation.

“You are in my personal space.” Jinwoo retorted feeling mildly irritated with the interruption.

“Better? Can I know your name?” The guy said after taking two steps back.

“Still. In. My. Personal. Space.” Jinwoo answered curtly.

“…” The stranger muttered before turning around to leave.

“Yes I believe I have been called that before.” Jinwoo muttered before turning to Taehyun who was just looking amusedly at him.

“What?” Jinwoo asked looking all innocent again which only made Taehyun laugh.

“Just go have fun, hyung… I will be fine promise.” Taehyun reassured him before giving Jinwoo a light push towards the direction of the dance floor.

“Okay fine, I will go… When you want company, just call us okay?”

“Sure… now just go and have fun. Shoo!”

~~~~~~~~~~

The party in the club was already in full swing when Mino and s arrived. However, Mino found it hard to pay attention since he was just scanning for certain Nam Taehyun.  He was not leaving until he talked with the guy and set things straight.

It took a while and countless squeezing through throngs of gyrating bodies that Mino managed to find a spot with a good view of the bar.
 

True enough, he spotted the guy he was looking for sitting at the end of the bar, sipping his drink. Without breaking his gaze from Taehyun, Mino moved towards the general direction as though he was afraid that Taehyun would disappear again.

It was as though Taehyun could feel someone staring at him because he lifted his head up and their gazes met and locked on while the rest of the people faded to black. From the guy’s body expression, Mino could easily tell that Taehyun was formulating an escape plan and preparing to bolt.

Mino will be damned if let another chance slip by without him talking to Nam Taehyun. He hurriedly quickened his steps and got to Taehyun’s side even before he had the chance to move.

“We need to talk.” Mino said as he grabbed onto Taehyun’s elbows.

“There is nothing for us to talk about.” Taehyun muttered as he tried to free his arm from Mino’s grasp but to no avail.

Mino wanted some sort of privacy so they can hash things and not make it into a scene for eager prying eyes to watch. So, he started to tug gently Taehyun’s arms so that the younger guy had no choice but to follow along.

The first available door that opened turned out to be the storage room, Mino all but shoved the both of them into the tight and narrow space before closing door and leaving just the both of them.

Finally…

“What are we doing in a small storage room?” Taehyun asked when Mino finally let go of the grip that he had around the arm.

“We need to talk…” Mino began.

“Yes I can clearly see that but I have nothing to say to you.” Taehyun interrupted and tried to make a move towards the door but only to be blocked by Mino’s slightly larger frame.

“Then listen to me because I have something to say.”

Taehyun kept grudgingly quiet as he waited for Mino to continue whatever he needed to say.

“You have been uncontactable and avoiding me.”

“I was busy and what is there left to say?”

“You don’t just break up with someone over a text. What are you? 18?”

Taehyun could not help but to wince at Mino’s words. After all, the older guy was right.

“Besides, I am not going to give you up after we have gotten back together just because you don’t feel like it anymore. I know you well enough to know when you are lying Taehyun…” Mino went on stepping closer and closer, trapping the younger guy against the boxes with nowhere to move.

“I am not lying.” Taehyun muttered almost breathlessly as Mino got really close his palms against his waist was like as though burning into his skin. It has been so long since they touched each other.

“Seriously, the break up is so ridiculous that I do not even want to count it… What are we doing to each other?” Mino asked as he touched his lips to Taehyun’s forehead.

“I don’t know… I want to be happy but this seems not to be it…” Taehyun admitted truthfully.

“So you broke up with me just to see if you could live without me?” Mino asked incredulously.

“Well… I… “ Taehyun stuttered unable to come up with a decent reply.

“Did it work?”

What?”

“The living without me part did it work? Are you happy or just as miserable as I am?”

Taehyun could only let out a defeated sigh.

“No I am not happy. Pretty miserable in fact. That is why the three dragged me out to this place.”

Mino could only let out a soft chuckled before hugging the younger guy close.

“I love you, silly boy… I am not going to go anywhere. I am not saying that things will be easy but I assure you I will always be with you.” Mino said as he Taehyun’s cheek lifting it a little so that he could look at the younger guy properly.

“I love you too.” Taehyun replied and suddenly it was as though he felt sure of his words.

Maybe something has changed between them? Or the way Mino was looking at him as though he was the only person that mattered?

Taehyun could not answer but he knew that at this moment he was sure. As their lips met, the younger guy felt as though his world just tilted back to the right axis again. Being with the older guy always felt right no matter how long they were apart.

Nothing felt more right…

“Let’s get out of here. Let’s go home.” Mino said as he held as hand out when they finally parted from the kiss that only seemed to leave them wanting more.

“Yes lets do that.” Taehyun nodded a he interlaced his finger with Mino’s

As Mino opened the door, there was already a small crowd of people gathered there waiting for them to come out. They kept their heads ducked so as to avoid the gazes and the camera flashes. All these time, Taehyun kept his hand firmly gripped as he followed suit.

It took a considerable effort but they managed to squeeze their way to the VIP exit of the club but before they could even properly stepped out, Mino froze in his tracks.

“What is wrong?” Taehyun asked curiously.

“! The paps are here. Someone must have alerted them.” Mino muttered.

“Well, do we split up? I don’t think they caught the sight of us yet.” Taehyun answered his brain suddenly going to into frantic mode.

“Do you trust me, babe?” Mino suddenly turned to look at him.

“Yes.”

“Okay… 1, 2, 3… GO!”

It was all it took before Mino took his hand tightly and started running. Taehyun let out a surprised yelp but he silently thanked the gods for quick reflexes to just follow. They swiftly cut through via the back alley of the club before going into a few more other alleys before cutting out into the main street a few block away from the club.

Taehyun did not even know where they are or how long did they ran for since all he could think about right at that moment was how he desperately wanted to get his breath back.

“That was reckless, incredibly stupid and I cannot even begin to imagine the amount of trouble you will be getting into tomorrow.” Taehyun chided breathlessly which only earned a small laughter from his boyfriend.

“I don’t care as long as I have you back in my life.” Mino answered before pulling Taehyun in for a deep kiss.

To hell with the world, his managers will probably give him a hard time tomorrow with all the damage control but at that moment, Mino could not care less. He had Taehyun back and it was all that he cared about.

~~~~~~~~~~~

A black Volvo pulled up by the side of the road before three guys came out of the car and just watched as the couple just in front of them were in full on deep kiss mode.

“Do they even realize that they are in the middle of the road? Like a main road?”

“Relax, Seungyoon-ah… It is 3am in the morning there is not a single car in sight except for ours. Let them have a few more moments. ”

As the moments went on the kiss between the couple got more and more heated until they decided they had enough.

“What do they want to do?! Have on the road?! Urgh! Just call them, Yoon.” Seunghoon muttered.

“Wait!! Let me take a photo first.” Jinwoo stopped them as he took out his phone to capture a few pictures.

“Why would you want to do that?” Seunghoon asked curiously.

“It is so romantic and I think it will go very well for their wedding montage. On the other hand, it will be a good evidence to use against them... Don't you think so?? Okay you can yell at them now, Yoon… I suggest you hurry because I see cars coming!” Jinwoo smirked as he kept his phone back into his pocket and covered his ears.

Seunghoon rolled his eyes before covering his ears.

“YAH!! THE BOTH OF YOU!! IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE REPORTED AS A ROADKILL TOMORROW MORNING, I SUGGEST YOU BOTH TAKE YOUR KISSING SOMEWHERE ELSE!” 

~~~~~~~~~~

Hihi! sorry that this took sooooo long! fianlly got this fic finished! i hope that you all enjoyed it and i will definitely be working on my other fics so see you soon! As usual, no silent readers please! Have a haapy weekend or what is left of it! :)