Chapter 2

The Affair

Nam Taehyun was regretting the hastily made decision of meeting Mino after his fan signing event at 4pm because there was no way he could get to the bridal salon for his sister’s fitting. He will need an alibi for this to even work but he did not know who to ask. Seungyoon and Seunghoon hyung would never do it. One was still pissed at Mino and the other was afraid of facing the wrath of Seohyun. 

While there were a lot times that Taehyun savored the feeling of being the youngest, there were also the times where he dreaded being the youngest where everyone thought that he was still a kid that did not know how to handle the state of his personal life.

Well, there was one other person that he just might be able to sway him over. Taehyun knew he always had a soft spot for him so he thinks that he should be able to help him after all.

“No…. I cannot do that!  You want everyone to kill me?!?” Jinwoo exclaimed over the phone.

“Ermmm hyung, do you want to shout it out louder because I don’t think the whole neighborhood could hear you?” Taehyun muttered sarcastically while his eyes rolled heavenwards.

“I really can’t maknae ah… Ask me something else that I can actually help you with.”

“Please hyung, you are the only one I could trust to help me…” Taehyun tried again.

“Taehyun-ah…”

“Please hyung, you know I hardly ask you for anything. Please just this once?”

“You must be really desperate for you to resort to emotional blackmail, Taehyun-ah…” Jinwoo could not help but to chuckle over at his end of the line.

“Hyung…” Taehyun whined exasperatedly.

“Okay, you can leave it to me.” Jinwoo sighed before agreeing.

“Really? You are willing to help me?” Taehyun suddenly perked up from his bed causing his cat to hiss angrily at him since Taehyun woke her up from her little cat nap.

“Yes, I will help you. But just this once!”

“Thank you so much hyung!” Taehyun replied happily while soothing his irritated pet absently.

~~~~~~~~~~

Jinwoo made his way to his brother’s room after hanging up the call with Taehyun. Seriously, the maknae has this visible hold over him that makes him genuinely want to help him so that he could be the cheerful maknae again.

Well, there was one person who ever achieve that and that was Mino.

The Taehyun that he grew up with had always been quiet and broody who listened more than he talked. With Mino around, Taehyun became so much brighter and happy which was something he missed seeing when they broke up.

Jinwoo knew that beneath that strong image that Taehyun always portrayed somewhere deep down inside the youngest never really gotten over Mino. If that stupid Mino was the something that will make happy Taehyun come back then Jinwoo was more than willing to help.

He just prayed that Mino would not be so stupid as to ruin another chance.

Jinwoo entered his younger brother’s, Sehun, room and hopefully the price to getting his brother to help with the cover story will be a cheap one.

“Sehun-ah, I need your help.” Jinwoo muttered as he entered his brother’s room who was at that moment busy slashing enemies in front of the television.

“How much are you willing to part?” Sehun asked without turning to look at his brother but there was this gleam in his eyes that Jinwoo did not like seeing.

“What do you exactly want Sehun-ah?” Jinwoo asked again this time Sehun only smirked naughtily as he killed more people in his game.

In the end, the price was a pair of Louboutin’s and a leather bag that was one of Jinwoo’s personal favorites.  He tried to negotiate for a cheaper price but Sehun would not be budged. It seemed that he had been aiming at Jinwoo’s closet for quite a while now.

“Take or leave it hyung.” Sehun nonchalantly replied.

“Fine. You have a deal.” Jinwoo reluctantly agreed.

The things he did for Nam Taehyun…. Jinwoo shook his head sadly…

~~~~~~~~~~

The crowd gathered at Hongdae for the fan signing was huge that Taehyun did not even know where the line started. He was thanking the season for turning colder as it gave him a reason to wear a mask without earning strange stares from the people.

After circling around for a good 15 minutes, Taehyun managed to find the start of the queue and just stood behind a bunch of giddy and excited fan girls quietly while waiting.

I cannot I believe I actually stooped this low for a guy… I cannot believe I became those crazy fan girls and boys... Taehyun could not help to but this pathetically in his mind.

The girls in front were so chatty and loud that he could not help but to listen in to their incessant chatters about the trio. Of course, Taehyun could help but to have a little answer formed in his mind to their comments.

“The title song was so good. Don’t you agree?”

I have heard the raw version and it sounded way better than the one that was in this album…

In fact, Taehyun had all their albums since their debut and a number of their demos that did not made it onto the editing room floor.

“No, P.O is the one that is the hottest.”

Nope, he is a late bloomer. He did not start looking good until a couple of years ago.

“How I wish Minho was my boyfriend! Just imagine waking up to him every morning!”

Been there and done that…

 “Song Minho is so hot! I cannot believe I am going to meet him up close in person later!”

What if I told you girls that I have seen him ?

Thank god for the mask covering his face because he swore he could feel his face heating up at the thought of picturing the said guy .

Taehyun decided not to listen anymore for the sake of getting embarrassed in public and decided to turn his attention to his mobile while he waited for his turn.

~~~~~~~~~~

For the entire day since Mino woke up, he could not concentrate knowing that he will be meeting the younger guy later at the fan signing event. He was so looking forward to the short meeting with Taehyun that he could not wait for the whole event to be over.

As he sat from his spot on the stage, he tried to spot a particular guy with a longish chestnut color hair with a trademark middle parting that Mino could immediately tell that it was him even from a distance. He did not know how the younger guy does it but he knew that no other guy could pull off such a look.

However, the cold weather was not helping at all because the fans that turned up for the event were rather tightly wrapped up with heavy coats that he could not spot anyone that fit the description.

Mino could not help but to feel a sense a disappointment slowly rising within him. Taehyun was always known to be a man of his word. When the younger promised something, he will made sure that he fulfilled it.

Was this going to be one of the rare times that Taehyun would actually break his promise?

Suddenly, a copy of their album followed by a familiar voice snapped Mino out of his little daydream.

“Hi Song Minho, could you sign this for me?”

“Sure, what…” Mino began asking only to trail off as he looked up and realize who was standing in front of him.

Mino could not help but to immediately have a brightened expression that was bordering on being a love struck fool.

Taehyun was standing in front of him with an expression that showed that he was clearly uncomfortable with the situation. The younger guy was wearing a pair of black eye glasses, a mask that covered half of his face, a black hoodie paired with a pair of black skinny jeans and his favorite Doc Marten boots. He looked like a rich kid travelling incognito which Taehyun practically was.

“You came!” Mino said happily as he addressed the guy.

“I cannot believe I am doing this but yes I am here.” Taehyun muttered exasperatedly but Mino only smiled wider totally ignoring Taehyun’s discomfort.   

Mino could help but to just stare at him which only succeeded in making the younger guy feel even more uncomfortable.

“Don’t just look at me. I am a fan remember? So sign the album.” Taehyun muttered again when he noticed how he was starting to hold up the line and people after him were starting to give him the weird looks.

“Oh yes! Hang on.” Mino quickly signed but also discreetly slipped a note inside the album before handing it back to the younger guy.

“Please check inside later.” Mino winked playfully.

Taehyun could not help but to feel that his cheeks were starting to flame up due to the embarrassment so he said nothing except to nod his head before he turned to exit the stage. Taehyun then went to a quiet corner so that he could see what instruction did Mino left for him.

Taehyun-ah,

Pass this note to the person standing by the stage where you exited. That is our group manager. He will then guide you backstage then we will talk after. Thanks for sneaking out to meet me.

Love,

M

Taehyun spotted the guy that Mino indicated standing by the exit side of the stage. Therefore, the younger guy slowly made his way over and discreetly passed the note to Mino’s manager who looked skeptical but he still went up to checked with Mino. Apparently, Mino cleared because Taehyun was then ushered backstage at the resting space to wait.

 “Taehyun-ah” Mino greeted when he came in about half an hour later.

The next few moments were spend in silence. Taehyun was waiting for Mino to begin while Mino momentarily forgotten everything he prepared and wanted to tell the younger guy. Suddenly, the awkwardness was palpable.

“So…”

They both laughed when they spoke at the same time.

“You first.” Mino gestured for the younger guy to talk.

“I just wanted to ask what is it that you wanted to talk to me about?”

“Well first things first, I want to tell you how sorry I am about three years ago. I never meant to hurt things so much or ended things that way.”

“It is okay, we were young and immature then. I am not angry.” Taehyun interrupted.

“I was young immature and not dealing with the pressure well. I guess I took it out on you indirectly and I am really regretful about that.”

“It is ok really. I understand…”

“I also want to tell you that I have never stopped loving you this past three years and I was counting down the days until you would be back. I know that it might be presumptuous of me to ask but I would like another chance for us please?”

Taehyun kept silent as his mind the processed what Mino was telling him. He did not know quite what to make of Mino’s confession. It was not that he was not unhappy in fact he felt quite the opposite since there was nothing better than knowing that he was not the only one still harboring feelings.

It felt to Mino like it was the longest minute he ever had to wait for something because to him, it felt as though it was hours. The sight of Taehyun silently contemplating over what he asked was unnerving to him and impatient.

“May I have more time to think?”

His heart could not help but to sink at his reply yet Mino could understand the younger guy’s hesitation and reservation. After all, Mino knew he had hurt him really badly back then. Hence, he tried to his best to hide the fact he was felling disappointed with the younger’s reply.

“Sure, I understand that you will need time to think over this sudden question.” Mino answered as cheerfully as he could but Taehyun noticed it all the same.

“I will let you know sometime next week okay? I promise. I need to go or noona is going to kill me by the time she realizes I am not going to turn up.” Taehyun promised trying to reassure the obviously disappointed Mino.

With a light squeeze as Taehyun held his hand, the younger guy turned and left the backstage room.

Mino could only sigh heavily as he watched the retreating back, never once turning back...

~~~~~~~~~~

Seohyun was practically livid that her dearest little brother did not show up at her bridal fitting appointment. She was practically fuming in the dressing longue still in her gown. She desperately wanted to punch something, preferably the culprit.

Oh the nerve of her brother. Just wait until she got her hands on him...

“Nam Taehyun, you better watch out.” She could not help but to grumble angrily causing her fiancé, Changmin to chuckle softly beside her.

“Seohyuyn-ah, I am sure he has a good reason for skipping this. There is still the final fitting I am sure tht he will turn up for that.” Changmin reassured her while hugging her around her waist.

“Yes and that “good” reason better not be related to a Song Minho!” Seohyun answered as she made quotation marks with her fingers.

“Speak of the devil, Jagiya.” Changmin informed her as he handed her ringing mobile phone.

“Yah! Nam Taehyun, you better have a very good explanation for this. I was waiting at the salon in vain for you!” Seohyun could not help but to grit out without even a hello.

“I am so sorry noona. It was just that Sehun needed help with his advanced calculus subject for his test on Monday so I went over to help.” Taehyun supplied referring to Jinwoo’s younger brother.

“You are at Jinwoo’s place?” Seohyun was skeptical.

“No I am not. I am Sehun’s apartment in Sinchon.” Taehyun answered.

Seohyun was even more suspicious. After all, she knew that Mino’s group had a fan signing event at Hongdae. That rascal who she affectionately calls as her brother must have met up with Mino. She was a hundred percent certain.

“Fine, I won’t kill you yet since there is still a final fitting.”

“I am sorry noona for not turning up just now. I promise that I will definitely be there for the next one.”

If she was going to be really convinced, she was not entirely sold by Taehyun’s reason. She wanted to go to Sehun’s dorm to take a look for herself since she was more or less confirmed that her dearest younger brother actually met up with Mino instead of being where he said he was at.

Changmin did not even have to look at his girl to know what she was thinking and had up her sleeves. As discreetly as he could, he took out his phone and quickly texted his brother-in-law to be.

She is coming over. Better be where you had told her just now… C

“Don’t say I did not help you, Taehyun-ah.” Changmin muttered before he hit the send button.

~~~~~~~~~~

Taehyun frowned when he saw the message. He swore his sister has taken paranoia to a whole new level altogether.

“I think we need to hurry, Mr Kim.” Taehyun told his driver suddenly uncomfortable.

Maknae-ah, I just gave her Sehun’s address. Quickly be there now! J

Taehyun sighed as he checked Jinwoo’s message. He just hoped that he will be able to be there in time…

~~~~~~~~~~

“Seo, your brother is not a kid anymore. You should trust him.” Changmin patted her hands.

“Not when it comes to Song Minho. It hurts my heart so bad to know how badly hurt Taehyun was when it was over. “

“ I know but you have to start learning to trust him to make the correct decisions. After all, his has his own life.”

Seohyun knew Changmin as right. She had to learn to let go at some point.

“I know…”

However, her suspicions could not help but rose again when it was Jinwoo that opened the door looking worried when he saw her.

“Where is Taehyun?” She stepped in looking around the spacious apartment for signs of her brother.

“Noona? What are doing here?” Taehyun asked popping his head out from one of the rooms.

“I was in the area so I thought if you would like a lift home?”

“Oh that is okay, noona. I am not done yet. I will call Mr Kim later. Were you by chance doubting me just now?”

“Ah no! I… i was just...”

“Why do I get by lying to you? I will see you at home later okay?” Taehyun sighed as he guided Seohyun to the door.

“Fine.” Seohyun sighed before she finally left.

Taehyun and Jinwoo all but slumped tiredly on the couch once the door closed.

“Thank god you got here on time or all of us will be so dead.”

“I owe you one hyung. I was half afraid that I wont be able to make it here when she knocked.  The traffic was so bad.”

“She looked like she wanted to murder me when it was me who opened the door.”

Taehyun then shared with Jinwoo the meeting he had with Mino and the sudden proposal made by the guy. Jinwoo only listened quietly letting his dear friend talk.

“Well, I cannot tell you what to do but I think you should do whatever that makes you happy…”

“Thank you hyung.”

“Just be happy Taehyun-ah.”

“I know…”

There was still some time to think through before he gives an answer to a particular rapper the week after…   

~~~~~~~~~~

Hello! happy weekend guys! back with the next update... I hope that you all will enjoy this! As usual no silent readers, please leave a comment if you liked it or disliked it!

Till the next update, have a happy weekend!