Chapter 3

The Affair

The week was passed by in a blur of activities for Mino with broadcast appearances and fan signing events all over Korea that he did not even have the time to eat or sleep much less think about state of his non-existent relationship with regards to his very own personal life.

However, he kept in touch with the younger guy whenever Mino could find little pockets of time in between schedules or when they were travelling from one place to another. Random conversations which Taehyun replied that he did not even know kept Mino going even through the midst of clouded exhaustion.

Mino: Are you sleeping? We are going for a filming... So tired...

Taehyun:  No, I am having my dinner at the moment... Filming? For a variety show? 

Mino: Now?!? But it is 1am! The company is planning to launch a welcoming 2016 edition so we are fliming it... 

Taehyun: I came home late. Noona already put me to work on one of her projects that she needed me to oversee so I was in meetings the whole day.

Mino: there was no dinner at all?

Taehyun: Yes there was but it was practically all seafood and fish. They went to a Japanese but there was not much meat choices so I am having my actual dinner now.

Mino sighed. He knew the younger guy could never eat seafood or fish well. His heart ached a little.

Mino: Okay… don’t sleep immediately or you’re getting a tummy ache…

Taehyun: I know… You try rest early too. Your schedule has been pretty crazy.

Taehyun could not help but smile at the guy’s message. What started out as Mino sending a random to see if Taehyun sill kept the old number became a series of exchanges whenever Mino had the time in between his schedule.

Taehyun wondered if he was being too soft hearted and weak by entertaining Mino’s random texts. As Seungyoon advised before, he needed to harden his heart and not to let the older guy know that he still had a hold over Taehyun even after all these years. However, that being said, Taehyun could not control the little flutters he felt whenever he sees the now familiar number lighting up the screen on his mobile phone.

“Nam Taehyun, you are such a wreck.”

Taehyun could not help but to mutter as he clicked on the message button to see what Mino was up to.

~~~~~~~~~~

Another time when they exchanged texts was during the weekend where Mino suddenly sent a photo of the gloomy weather in Busan and his expression was mirroring the gloom complete with pouty lips and sad puppy dog eyes.

Mino: A gloomy morning… everything is so cold… I miss the sun!!  T__T

Mino figured the younger guy might actually still be sleeping since it was just 7am in the morning. Suddenly, Mino badly wanted to be next to Taehyun at that moment curled up beside him all the while holding Taehyun close and savoring the body warmth.

He did not have time to wait for the younger’s reply and went about for the group’s photo shoot. It was not until about two hours later that Taehyun actually replied with a selfie of him just woken up.

Taehyun: I got the day off!  Finally some freedom to do whatever I want to. 

Mino: Tsk, what tease you are Nam Taehyun… T_T What are the plans for today?

Taehyun: Nothing much… planning to go to the art museum and probably the music store... Been meaning to go for a while now but I have been too busy to do so…

Mino: I wound not mind tagging along…

Taehyun: Nah… You are going to get so bored…

Mino: No I won’t!

“Oh yes, you will, Song Min Ho…”

Taehyun only smiled cryptically when he saw what the older guy replied. He just got ready to go about his day since all he had been doing was to travel to and fro from the office and back home. He already planned to visit some art galleries, getting some music albums he had been meaning to get and if time permitted then a visit to the bookstore as well.

Taehyun spent an enjoyable day out by himself without having to answer any calls about work. He even went as far as to give his driver the day so that there would not one from the house hovering over him. It was fruitful hours spent on viewing exhibits and taking photos of the pieces that caught his eye.

He was preparing to head over to his favorite restaurant for lunch when he saw a familiar figure lounging at the waiting area. Taehyun was mildly surprised because that same figure was supposed to be in Busan at that very moment.

He approached the figure hesitantly not quite believing his eyes. It was as though he was too afraid to wake him up so Taehyun approached the sleeping figure as softly as he steps would allow.

“Mino hyung?”

Mino was floating on a comfortable cloud as he slept. It had been days since he had a proper nap. Suddenly, he could feel someone tapping gently on his shoulder. Almost irritated at the little interruption, he opened at the culprit wanting to turn it into a full blown glare but immediately broke out into a smile instead.

“Hey you.”

“What are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be in Busan right now? How did you even know that I will be here? You are not even properly disguised what if fans or reporters recognize you?” Taehyun fired away making the older guy smile in reply.

“Our schedule in Busan was cancelled so manager hyung arranged for an early flight back and so that is why I am here. I know you will be here because you told me you are planning to visit the art museum today. You could say from past experience and gut feel had led me to wait here. I am proud that it paid off. I don’t think they would stalk celebrities in an art museum if it was Myeongdong then it might have been a different scenario altogether.” Mino reassured the younger guy who was looking around nervously as though afraid that a reporter or a crazy fan might jump out any moment.

"Don't worry, Taehyun-ah." Mino patted the younger's back gently.

“Am I that predictable?” Taehyun could not help but to mutter under his breath and was doing nothing to make sure that Mino did not catch a word.

Suddenly Mino’s stomach let out an audible growl that Taehyun had to turn away so that the older guy could not see his smile while Mino only grinned sheepishly as he rubbed his neck.

“As you can hear, I am hungry. Let’s go have a meal together.” Mino suggested.

“Sure I was planning to head to Seunghyun hyung’s restaurant. I have been having a craving for his food.” Taehyun replied as they headed towards the basement car park, their steps naturally matching each other’s without them even realizing it.

“Sounds good.” Mino agreed. It had been a while since he had good Korean food for a while ever since his schedule got packed.

Mino was surprised when he realized that Taehyun was out and totally alone without any one from his home.

“You did not bring the driver today?”

“No, it is a free day so I want to enjoy it as much as it is possible.” Taehyun answered with a wistful smile on his lips before unlocking his car and getting in.

“I know. I would totally do the same thing if I had a completely free day like you too, Taehyun-ah.” Mino commented as he buckled his seat belt.

The ride to the restaurant was awkward and the silence was palpable with the occasional sounds coming from the younger guy sitting in the driver’s seat beside him, humming along to whatever songs that played on the radio. Mino was definitely not the biggest fan of silences kept wondering if he should say something.

 Would I be running the moment by bringing up the question I asked him about?

Mino could not help but to ponder that little dilemma as he stared out the window yet not focusing on anything in particular. However, those few little times when he sneaked a glance at the younger guy, he could see how relaxed he was and Mino did not want to spoil the moment.

On the other hand, Taehyun was nervous. He did not know quite what to do with the passenger that was sitting beside him and staring out at the window as he drove towards the meal place. The younger guy was not quite used to the awkward silence so he was glad that he was smart enough to turn on the car radio and hummed along.

He wondered if Mino would bring up the question he popped out the week before in the middle of Taehyun’s bathroom. Taehyun already had his answer planned out for the rapper and wanted to tell to let Mino know. However, when Taehyun turned over to look at the rapper when he reached a red light, he saw that the older guy was sound asleep in his seat.

Taehyun let out a heavy sigh as he watched the older guy slept for a few before moments before the light at the junction turned green again.

“I guess my answer will have to wait then.” Taehyun muttered softly under his breath.

~~~~~~~~~~

The restaurant was buzzing with activity that Seunghyun did not even had time to even say hello except to smile and nod at the both of them when they entered. Both guys just headed to the usual table at a quiet corner of the eatery as they always would whenever they visited.

Seating comfortably, they started to share what they had been up to in the details. Mino about his schedules, fans, events and the new album preparations while Taehyun shared abut working with his sister in their family’s company in Korea, about a new project that he had been working on promoting a new clothing line and how they are trying to find suitable celebrities to endorse the brand.

It felt easy to share things with Mino Taehyun mused. He was always the one who could get Taehyun to open up and relax and even after three years apart, the older guy never lost that ability it seems.

“I miss the food over here so much but I have been so busy to come by.” Mino commented when their food arrived.

“Yes, me too. I think of hyung’s food whenever I felt homesick during my time in England.” Taehyun nodded as he looked at his food happily. He felt as though he finally came home.

They were having their meal in a comfortable silence until Taehyun felt the need to address the topic that was like an elephant in the room.

“Why did you bring up the question in my bathroom the other night?” Taehyun asked innocently while he scooped more of his food a though they were talking about something as trivial as the weather.

Here we go…

“Because I was young, stupid and immature. It was because of the same stupidity and immaturity that I gave up something that was really good three years ago and that is why I wanted another chance.”

“So it took you three years to figure it out?” Taehyun could not help but to ask the older guy with an incredulous look on his face.

Mino could not help but to gulped. Things were not as how he thought they were going to be in his head.

“I went to the airport on the day you left but I got stopped by your friends. They told me you left already.”

“You could come over to England right?”

“Well…” Mino trailed off. The truth of the matter was that he did but what he saw was not exactly what he hoped so he left as quietly as he came. However, it was not the time to explain to the yunger guy.

“It does not matter anymore.”

“It does not?” Mino asked. Even though Taehyun said it out loud it did not matter but he knew better. Sometime in the near future, Mino would explain it to him. He will see to that.

“I have been thinking a lot of what you asked me the other time.”

“Really?”

“Yes, I have thought about it.”

Mino just chew his food thoughtfully all the while holding his breath as he waited for an answer from the younger guy sitting across from him. He knew not to say anything since how they will be will all depend on what Taehyun was going to say next.

The next few words that came out of the younger guy’s lips left him speechless and completely confused.

“Let’s have an affair.”

“Huh?” Mino was completely baffled with what Taehyun was saying. It was as though it was the first time he was hearing such a thing.

“Le’s have an affair, friends with benefits as you might like to call it.”

Taehyun repeated once again and more clearly this time as though making sure that the older guy got what he was saying.

“Why?”

“Why not? Relationships are too clichéd.”

“Relationships are too clichéd?”

“Yes because nothing is going to last forever. Once you have it, it does not mean that it is going to be with you all the way.”

“So you just want an affair?”

“I don’t think I can handle a full blown relationship of any kind at the moment. Besides, you are an idol now. Affairs are the best way to go. You cannot say you are in a relationship and worse with a guy without damaging your career. It's a win-win.”

Taehyun explained. However Mino felt none of it. Suddenly, he felt as though his appetite was gone and he was starting to not know the guy that was sitting across from him.

“So that is my answer. Are you up for it or not?”

Mino knew there was no arguing, not when the younger guy’s expression was one that showed how firm he was in his thinking. The older guy wanted so much to disagree with him but he felt that he needed to get to Taehyun by proving his worth to him again and gaining back his trust. The only way was trough his actions that he was here to stay this time.

“Yeah, I am up for it.”

“Okay then it is settled then.” Taehyun smiled mysteriously again before he resumed his meal.

Mino could only looked at the guy in front of him and wondered what the hell did he just got himself into.

~~~~~~~~~~

Hello! back with an update! Work had been a troll lately and i am so tired to write each time i am home... i hope you all are still folowwing this fic... . i know i am keeping a lof things esp with what happneded between namsong previously... please stay tuned as it will be revealed eventually...

Till the next update see you soon! Please comment and let me know what you think! Sigh i miss winner so much and i hope YG is not being a troll with his IG post,,,, i need a comeback like soon!!!