Chapter 6

The Affair

Mino was seething in jealousy whenever he looked towards the direction of the younger guy because chances were he was with the Jackson guy chatting excitedly away or just smiling at each other. He could feel it eating him from the inside as he watched on, trying to maintain his professionalism and not let the jealousy get to him.

“Minho, I need you to be more relaxed. You are being too tensed up.” The photographer called out causing the younger guy to take a good look him.

“Sorry, I guess I am too nervous about the photoshoot.” Mino laughed it off hoping that the crew would buy it.

Mino’s somewhat dark expression did not go unnoticed by Taehyun who wondered what on earth happened that caused the older guy to have the perpetual dark look on his face. The younger could not figure out until a few moments later when he observed how the older guy would suddenly get tensed whenever he was with Jackson.

“Oh seriously…  You are choosing now to be jealous?” Taehyun could not help but to mutter under his breath.

The younger guy could not believe that even after three years some things still did not change like Mino’s childishness was one of them or how easily Mino became the green eyed monster whenever Taehyun was particular close to a guy. Sighing, the younger guy decided not to agitate the older male any further by keeping a suitable distance away from the object of his jealousy. 

However, he would not deny that he was happy that Mino was treating their arrangement seriously enough to warrant such a reaction from the older male.

When the team called for a break, Taehyun immediately went up to the rapper and discreetly told Mino that he would like to talk before turning on his heels to go to a quiet spot outside of the building with the older guy following quietly behind him.

“Is everything okay, Mino?” Taehyun asked when they were out of earshot of prying eyes and ears. He slowly turned around only to find Mino leaning against the wall fiddling with his mobile phone.

Mino only lifted his head slightly to look at Taehyun for a fleeting moment before he resumed his attention back to his phone.

“Don’t tell me you are jealous over Jackson?” Taehyun asked incredulously.

Mino did not say anything much except to shrug his shoulders as though to say “meh...”  

“Gosh you are such a childish goon. I am not seeing him or dating him for any of that matter.” Taehyun grumbled exasperatedly before plucking Mino’s phone from the older’s hands so that Taehyun could have his full attention.

Mino only looked at him for a few moments before he let out a deep sigh and wrapped his arms around the younger guy, smiling a little bit as Taehyun’s arms automatically went around his waist before his head rested on the crook of Mino's neck.

“I am sorry. It is just we have not met up in a while and when we do, you are practically hanging out around him. I don’t like it. Not for a single bit...” Mino confessed.

“He is just a good friend of mine, Song Minho. You don’t see me hugging him like that do you?” Taehyun scolded gently without any heat to his tone of voice.

Mino felt that his words took a little sting off from what he was feeling for a good part of his day... Just a little...

“Well, you let him put his arm around your shoulders.” Mino muttered rather pettily like a child.

“It is a harmless action that I see you doing it all the time with your members but you don’t see me going all caveman on you right?”

“I don’t mind you going all caveman on me. In fact, that will be a nice change of things.” Mino cheekily answered which promptly earned him a small  and quick whack on his arms.

Taehyun got so exasperated with the guy that he tiptoed to kiss Mino lips which the older guy happy reciprocated turning  the kiss immediately into a deep and sensual meeting of the lips causing the younger’s legs to turn into jelly If not for the fact that Mino was holding on to him, Taehyun swore his legs would have just gave way due to the things that the rapper was making him feel.

“You don’t see me doing that with him like do with you right, caveman?” Taehyun said a little breathlessly.

Mino could not help but to smile as he held the younger guy closer to him.

“Okay that will do for now.” Mino muttered as he leaned his forehead against the younger’s, just breathing the scent that was just uniquely Nam Taehyun.

“So are we good with the whole Jackson thing or not?” Taehyun asked and could not help but to smile as Mino affectionately brushed their noses together.

“For now…” Mino declared.

“Fine whatever… to think I was about to suggest we could go somewhere for dinner but I don’t feel like it anymore.” Taehyun rolled his eyes.

“I am game for dinner!” Mino suddenly exclaimed with an expression that was considerably brighter than a few moments ago.

“I changed my mind. I don’t want to have a meal with a stupid caveman. I don’t feel up to it…” Taehyun answered stubbornly.

“Yah! Don’t be like this Taehyunie.” Mino whined cutely.

“Nope sorry... The offer is over.”

Mino started to act cute in hopes that Taehyun was not serious in his threat. The older guy starting peppering Taehyun’s face with soft kisses sweet like a puppy that had the younger finally giving in much to Mino’s delight.

Mino’s mood was considerably lifted as they came back from their break and even began to joke again with s acting all goofy.

Taehyun only watched on with amusement and wondered how long would the little arrangement they had last between them...

Will things really be different this time around?

“Is that the guy?” Jackson asked softly as he stood beside the still smiling Taehyun.

“Yes, that is the guy…” Taehyun nodded as he answered his friend’s little question.

“Glad to see that all seems to be well with him now. He was being too unnatural and tensed just now.”

“We had a talk. I guess that things are okay for now.” Taehyun could not help but smile as he thought about their little “talk” during the break.

“That must be some talk because the transformation is totally different. Did it have something to do with my presence?” Jackson asked as he saw how Mino’s kept looking at them while trying not to be obvious about it.

“Well sort of… but I have already explained things to him and he understood.” Taehyun explained truthfully since he saw no point in lying to his dear friend.

 “So this is the guy you could not get out your heart. The guy that I could not beat.” Jackson mumbled quietly as he continued to observe the said person who was joking around with s..

“Jackson…”

“I know… I know… Well I need to go get ready the equipments for the filming.” Jackson said with a smile before giving the younger guy a pat on the shoulder before he went over to his crew.

Mino watched on as the younger guy nodded and smiled to the Jackson guy before focusing his attention back to his phone. Mino wondered what was it they were talking about that had Taehyun going all wistful looking. The older guy could not help but to sigh since he already promised Taehyun that he would trust the younger guy and believe that there was really nothing going on.

Oh but how he hated to see how close they were…

One of the production crew came to hand the group the brief for the concept of the music video. Mino could not help to feel a sense of déjà vu feeling as he read through the outline of the story. He wondered of the writer of this was like a psychic because the story line looked pretty much like his relationship with Taehyun summed up in a five minute long video. 

“Mino, are you feeling like a sense of déjà vu washing over you right now?” P.O teased as they read their briefs.

“I think the writer secretly peeked into your personal life and decided to make a story line out of it.” Zico commented before he proceeded to laugh out loud.

“I know and get it that we are going to release a slow song about love lost as a warm up teaser to our title track… but this… I can’t even…” Mino trailed off unable to continue while his two dear friends just kept laughing their butts off.

“This is like so very apt.”

“I would like to mention how ironic the whole situation is especially since you are the male lead in this video.”

“Thanks guys for rubbing it in for all its worth. Just rub it in…” Mino muttered sarcastically which was only effective in causing more laughter instead of stopping them.

In a nutshell, Mino together with an actress that was a trainee in the same agency will play a couple who were happily in love that drifted apart when real life problems started to catch up with them. However, each of them found out, it was too late to salvage anything.

The older guy wondered what Taehyun felt about the concept of the video. Would the younger guy be surprised as he was, However, all he could see was Taehyun with an unreadable expression a he gave instructions to his team before moving over the check on the clothes they will be getting everyone to wear for each of the screen time in front of the camera. 

~~~~~~~~~~

He gently pulled her closer towards him until they were just a short breath apart. Almost in nervous anticipation of what was going to happen next, she closed her eyes with her head slightly tilted up towards him. They were wearing smiles on their faces as the basked in the love glow and happiness that came with new lovers.

Any minute now they will be close enough for a kiss that would be infinitely sweet and gentle…

“CUT!”

“Okay that was a very good take!” Jackson declared as the crew came on to do some touch ups.

Mino and the actress politely and awkwardly bowed to each other since it was their first time meeting in such an occasion before they left backdrop for a little break.

“How was it?” Mino asked as he automatically moved over to where Taehyun was.

“Interesting…”

“What did you think of the story line?” Mino asked hoping to get a reaction from the younger guy.

“It was good. It fit well with the tone of the song. It is the first time the group is doing a slow song right?” Taehyun asked nonchalantly.

“Did you not think of anything else?” Mino probed further since he was not satisfied with Taehyun's answer.

“Any connection to real person living or dead it purely coincidental.” Taehyun answered knowingly since he knew all too well where the direction Mino was taking the conversation and he wanted to be playful.

“Aish… Nam Taehyun…” Mino muttered exasperatedly before stalking off causing Taehyun to laugh.

Taehyun obviously knew the coincidence of the story line but he refused to think much about it. After all, did he not know all too well how things were going to end up? It was not like the ending had any impact on their real life situation so there was no point dwelling on it in his opinion.

Filming went on until about eight at night before it was called a day and the crew started to pack up their equipment.

Mino quickly changed into his clothes suddenly feeling really excited to be able to spend some quality time with Taehyun.

“Are you ready?” Mino asked when he reached the younger guy who was waiting at the corner.

“Yes, I have instructed my team so they know what they need to do.” Taehyun smiled as he reached up to adjust Mino’s shirt collar so that it looked better instead of something hastily thrown on.

Mino could not help but to smile as he let the younger fiddle with whatever he wanted and felt like doing. Seriously, Mino could not care less if he was looking like some idiot but he just wanted to bask in the moment where he was having the younger guy’s complete attention.

“Should we go?” Taehyun asked again which Mino only nodded affirmative in answer and together they headed to Taehyun’s car.

The dinner place that the younger guy had in mind was a hole in a corner type restaurant selling French cuisine that provided really good food that both of them enjoyed yet also providing the privacy that Mino needed since he was well, a public figure.

Conversations flowed easily between them as they enjoyed the food with little moments of hand holding, feeding each other and just simply enjoying each other’s company. It could be from the wine that they were drinking throughout the night or the fact that he was enjoying Taehyun’s company so much that Mino did not want the night to end so soon. 

“Do you want to head back to your dorm already?” Taehyun asked when they got into the car again.

“No the night is still so young.” Mino shook his head.

“So you want to go clubbing?” Taehyun suggested.

“Nah not clubbing… I am too tired. Just want to spend more time with you and not at some place where it is so hard to talk and not forgetting, loud too...” Mino answered easily causing the younger guy beside him to blush.

“How about stopping by at my apartment? I have wine and video games.” Taehyun suggested.

“Great, what’s not to like about it? Let’s go!”

Taehyun only laughed before he started the engine and headed for his apartment.

“So you don’t live with your sister anymore?” Mino asked curiosuly. Knowing how stubborn and overprotective Seohyun was, Mino was surprised that Taehyun managed to get his own place.

“I mostly go back during the weekends but I need my own personal space. Noona understands that though she does not necessarily agree with my choice.” Taehyun smiled in memory as he thought about the seemingly never ending episode to convince his sister.

"How did you get her to agree?"

"Changmin hyung helped me a lot..."  

“I understand it is the same with my members too. It is nice to have some alone time once in a while.”

Wanting some contact with Taehyun, Mino reached over so that he could hold the younger’s hand and was pleasantly surprised when Taehyun adjusted the hold so that their hands were nicely interlaced.

Just like that, they basked in the comforting feeling all the way to Taehyun’s home.

~~~~~~~~~~

Taehyun’s living room was filled with sounds of artificial shooting and screams as the two of them were totally deep in concentration as they engaged in a bloody battle with the zombie boss. Mino had Polly nicely settled on his lap as he continued to slay the enemies.

“Woo! Yes! Killed him.” Mino let out a cheer when they cleared the stage together.

“That was really fun.” Taehyun commented with a smile as he reach to the coffee table for more wine, smiling a little as Mino slipped his arms around his waist after settling Polly down on the floor.

“I missed cuddling with you.” Mino mumbled as he lightly kissed the younger guy’s neck.

“Me too.” Taehyun answered as he settled himself more comfortably in Mino’s arms enjoying the affection that the older guy was dishing out at the moment.

Mino carefully turned Taehyun around in his arms so that they were face to face before leaning over to meet the younger’s lips.

The kiss started off as something sweet and innocent began to turn into something deeper and becoming more passionate as Mino continued to explore Taehyun’s lips. He felt as though he was getting drunk from the younger guy’s kisses, tasting the wine as their lips continued to meet.

Things were definitely getting hot and heavy when Taehyun felt Mino slipping his hands under his shirt to have a feel of his skin and Taehyun could feel his body getting hotter and hotter suddenly as he reacted to the sensations that Mino was making him feel.

With great difficulty and regret, Taehyun pulled himself away from the heated make out session and leaned a back so that there was a little distance. He could not help but to let out a smirk at Mino’s disorientation, confused and slightly hurt expression at the distance Taehyun has put between them. Remaining unfrazzled by the older guy’s reaction, Taehyun stood up while holding a hand out for Mino.

“Stay the night?” Taehyun shyly asked while watching Mino’s face suddenly breaking out into a naughty little smirk.

“Do you even need to ask?” Mino answered with a low tone that Taehyun always found really y hearing.

Taking the outstretched hand offered by Taehyun, Mino let himself be led to the master bedroom where he could not wait to spend the night…

~~~~~~~~~~

Hihi... managed to squeeze an update... hope that it will help to lift some of the spirit up in the midst of so much stuff happening with ICs... stay strong i think better days will definitely come... i am not sure if i should include a bed scene next though... will need to see how the story goes... hope that you all enjoy this update and leave more words too... till then... stay strong!