Chapter 1

The Affair

Nam Taehyun was fighting a major jet lag even after 3 years of flying between Korea and England, he never got used to time difference and would usually need a one or two day recovery before he feels more stable. Of course, his hyungs would not care and saw it fit to drag him out to the club they frequent.

“We need to celebrate the fact that you came home for good!” Jinwoo clapped happily.

“You have rested well enough for yesterday so tonight you can go out and dance!” Seunghoon exclaimed whiles his hands rained down on Taehyun’s back while the youngest tried his best to swat them away.

“I just came back. I don’t mind resting more since I am still jet lagged.” Taehyun grumbled while his hyungs pulled at his various limbs, with the attempt of dragging him out of his bed.

“Yah! Stop pulling me!”

“But we missed you, Taehyunie.” Jinwoo turned towards him with his doe eyes that all Taehyun could do was sigh.

“I will go get the car ready...” Seungyoon said before he stepped out of the room.

“I know you love your pajamas but you need to go change because I am sure they will not let you in looking like this.” Seunghoon ordered.

Taehyun could only sighed before he went to his bathroom and got ready while his hyungs happily waited. He could understand their stubbornness after all he missed then too in his own little Nam Taehyun way.

So here he was sitting at the bar not wanting to mingle since he was not in the mood to do so. His hyungs almost immediately headed off when they found a table. Seungyoon and Jinwoo made a beeline for the already crowded dance floor while Seunghoon spotted some of his friends and promptly went over to find them .

Taehyun watched on as he sipped his drink. Suddenly, Jinwoo came back and sat beside him obviously tired from all the dancing.

“Are you sure you are okay sitting here all by yourself, Maknae?” Jinwoo asked as he gulped down his drink that Taehyun poured.

“I will be fine. Don’t worry about me. Just go have fun with Yoon hyung.”

“Let me know when you get too lonely okay?”

“For god sake, I am already 24. I am not a baby anymore. You don’t have to babysit me.” Taehyun muttered exasperatedly making Jinwoo laugh.

“You are the maknae so you are entitled to be babysat by us. Besides, we don’t exactly want to have to your sister chasing after us. Her emotions are a little volatile during this period as she prepares for her wedding.” Jinwoo shuddered.

“I know, Jinwoo hyung. Just go have fun, I will be fine here and I promise I will bug you guys if I am feeling bored. “ Taehyun reassured.

“Okay then! If you need us just holler.”

Taehyun nodded before he turned back to his drink calculating the number of glasses and the time to see when is the appropriate time to call it night.

~~~~~~~~~~

Mino watched from his spot as Jinwoo headed back to the dance floor while Taehyun turned his attention back to his drink and looking at his watch. He must be busy figuring out in his mind the number of drinks and time that the younger deemed it fit for him to leave. He could not help but smiled to himself as he watched the younger guy. He found surprising that 3 years might seem long to be apart but some habits do not change at all and that he still knew Taehyun’s habits pretty well.

Mino was contemplating whether or not he wanted to go over and talk to him when P.O plopped heavily beside him, panting from all the dancing he was doing from the time they stepped into the club.

“Did you see who I thought I saw? Oh I see you have already spotted him already…” P.O asked but only to realize that it was a rhetorical question since Mino gazed was transfixed at a corner of the club, to be more specific, a particular person tucked in that particular corner of the club.

“Don’t you want to go and say hi? After all, you have been waiting for him for the past three years.”

“I am contemplating if I should. He might not want to see me much less talk to me.”

“Well, that is between you and him. All I can say is decide faster while the other 3 are busy at the moment because they will never let you get near to Taehyun so that both of you can talk.”

“You are right.” Mino said as though whatever P.O said just gave him the final push to see the light.

"Good luck, I think you really need it."

Mino quickly got to his feet and started to make his way to the younger guy. They need to talk things out. After all, from the way they left things 3 years ago, Mino felt that Taehyun deserved a proper explanation.

It was as though the whole world sense that Mino wanted to make his move because at that very moment, Seungyoon spotted Mino and his expression immediately darkened before he turned to towards his maknae before he began to head towards Mino.

~~~~~~~~~~

“Yah! I see him moving! Stall him and not let the maknae know.”

“Seungyoon-ah, Taehyun is old enough to make his own decisions without interfering from us. He is after all 24 already.”

“Hoon is right, Taehyunie is smarter than all of us put together. I am sure he knows how to handle his ex.”

“I am sure we can leave them be to work it out. Don’t worry about it.”

“I don’t care I am still going!”

“I think Taehyun has saw him already. If he wanted to avoid Mino he can just leave now.”

“That’s it. I am going whether you both like it or not.”

“Yah! Seungyoon!”

“He just cannot be stopped isn’t he, Kim?”

“Just go after him before something bad happens!”

~~~~~~~~~~ 

“There is no way I am letting you near Taehyun.”

It was the first thing Seungyoon said when Mino and him halfway in the middle of the club without bothering to say hello.

 “Please, I just need talk to him. I never fully explained.”

“NO! You should have thought of that before you hurt him three years ago. “

It was as though the other two heard Seungyoon because they came over to flank the leader by the side.

“I am sorry Mino but Taehyunie’s feelings are more important here so we cannot let you see him.” Jinwoo explained sympathetically though the other two were not so much.

Still feeling stubborn, Mino tried to move forward towards Taehyun but was immediately grabbled by the twin Seungs.

“You can’t. You cannot.” All of them said together, maintaining their united front.

“Not over our dead bodies.” Seungyoon declared.

“By saying “our” you mean your own body right?” Seunghoon asked incredulously.

“Yah!”

“Please guys. 5 minutes… 10 minutes tops.” Mino pleaded.

“I know we are good friends but we are sorry you lost that privilege three years ago.” Seungyoon muttered softly.

“Taehyun is most important here.” Jinwoo could not help adding as though adding more salt to Mino’s already bruised ego.

Mino could only watch helplessly as Taehyun suddenly got up and left via the back door. He could not help but to sigh at the lost opportunity to speak with the younger guy. He could only do nothing except to look forlornly at the door.

Looks like he will need to think of another way of getting to the younger guy without Taehyun’s bossy hyungs interferences.

~~~~~~~~~~

Taehyun decided to call it an early night after all. He was just not up to it. Not waiting to spoil the enjoyment for his friends, he texted his driver the address and discreetly left via the back door when the car arrived.

When he arrived home, the first thing he did was to immediately stepped into the bathroom and immediately felt better after he took a nice warm shower and changed into his pajamas and settled into his bed.

Taehyun thought he saw Song Minho at the club just now but he could not be too sure since it was really dark and the place was crowded with people. However, he wondered how would he feel if he were to see him again. It was not anger he felt but more of a feeling of regret and sadness like a movie that had not quite ended. He knew it had been three years but he had not quite got over it.

“Taehyun-ah, don’t forget that I have a fitting at 3pm and you need to be there.” His older sister, Seohyun, poked her head in and announced, snapping Taehyun out of his little daydream.

“Yes I remembered. Don’t worry, noona.” Taehyun answered without looking up from his phone.

“Okay, so I will see you at the bridal salon tomorrow then.” Seohyun confirmed before she closed the door softly behind him.

Older than Taehyun by three years, Seohyun was Taehyun’s most important family. With parents that were hardly home due business, his older sister took over the role as the head of the house and make sure that Taehyun stayed out of trouble. In more ways than one, they were really close and protective of each other.

Taehyun was about to dose off when he heard a loud thud outside on the balcony of his room. Feeling curious, he got out of his bed and went to investigate. He was surprised to see that it was Mino standing at his balcony.

He would be lying if he said that he did not feel anything from the encounter. The Mino standing before him was definitely different from the image of him that Taehyun kept in his mind. Taehyun reckoned it was due to the fact that Mino was now an idol that he looks better than he did. After all, it was Mino’s job to look good on or off camera.

Taehyun took in the way he was dressed in a white top, black skinny jeans with a leather jacket. It just showed off his tanned skin and tone physique. Mino shaped and toned up a lot since he left, Taehyun mused.

“Hi…” Mino greeted sheepishly.

“What are you doing here?”

Taehyun asked coldly but it was not lost on the older guy that Taehyun was affected by the sudden meeting. Mino could tell by the way the younger guy took in the sight of him.

“I am a little drunk and I really don’t know how I ended up here. My legs just led me to here.”

“Am I really supposed to buy that?” Taehyun just merely raised an eyebrow causing Mino to laugh. He was right then so Mino was at the same club earlier.

Some things really do not change… Just like how Taehyun would never buy Mino’s bull.

“Taehyun-ah! Are you okay? I heard you fell.” Seohyun hollered as she approached closer to the room.

“Quick! Bathroom!” Taehyun all but shooed Mino into his room and dragged him into the bathroom before they were caught.

“Make a sound and you die.” Taehyun threatened before closing the door leaving Mino lying in the bathtub.

Taehyun turned just as Seohyun came in to his room once again.

“Is everything all right Taehyunie? I heard a loud thud.” Seohyun looked around his room.

“I am fine. I was trying to pick up my phone when it fell and ended up falling together as well.” Taehyun lied quickly.

“The door to the balcony is opened. It is always closed.” His sister pointed out.

“I wanted some air.”

“Air? But is autumn and tonight is chilly…” Seohyun suddenly looked at her brother suspiciously.

“Just for a short while only, noona.” Taehyun answered hoping she will just leave him alone soon.

Suddenly, there was a sound coming from the bathroom that made Seohyun turn around again just as she was about to leave the room.

“What was that?”

“That was the cat.”

“Polly was in the bathroom?”

“Yes, she was perched on my sink.”

“Are you sure? There was some tingling sounds? Are you hiding something from me?” Seohyun suddenly narrowed her eyes at him.

If there was one thing about Seohyun, it was the fact that she was really quick to pick up on things. After all, she had all the training from Taehyun and his bunch of mischievous friends.

“No I am not! I am tired and want to sleep so just let me?” Taehyun muttered exasperatedly while shooing his sister out before closing the door and locking it for added precautionary measure.

Taehyun then immediately went to the bathroom and the sight that greeted him was a cute sight to behold. Mino was lying in his bathtub sleeping with his cat curled on Mino’s tummy and slept too. Taehyun could not help but to kneel beside the tub and stare at Mino’s sleeping face. Not wanting to spoil the moment by waking him.

For the next few seconds, Taehyun said nothing except to observe the older guy’s face. The older guy definitely looked better now than he did since he was an idol now. His brows had always been dark and thick and those lips of his…

How long has it been since Taehyun saw him sleeping up close?

Taehyun wondered as he continued to stare the still sleeping guy.

“So can we talk now?” Mino suddenly spoke making Taehyun jump in shock and promptly hit his head against the sink.

“Ow!”

“Are you okay Taehyun-ah?” Mino immediately reached over to rub the sore spot on the younger’s head looking really concerned.

“I am fine. Really.” Taehyun all but subtly slipped away from the contact but Mino noticed it all the same.

In fact, Mino pretended to be asleep when he saw the door opened. He just wanted to know what Taehyun would do. All the younger did was to quietly observe which Mino felt was still okay until Taehyun’s gaze drifted down to his lips. That was the moment that the older guy felt he needed to make his presence known.

“Yah! Taehyun-ah! Seungyoon told me something happened at the club!” His sister’s voice suddenly sounded making both boys panic.

“You cannot stay here for too long! You got to go.” Taehyun asked as he hurriedly took his cat from Mino and dragged the older guy back to the balcony.

“I have a fan signing tomorrow. Why don’t we talk after it ends?” Mino suddenly suggested.

“I don’t know. I have to go for noona’s fitting tomorrow.”

“Please Taehyun-ah.” Mino pleaded as he climbed over the rail.

“I will try to find a way.” Taehyun sighed heavily.

“Promise?”

“Yes! Promise. You better go!” Taehyun ordered before he turned back and immediately when to handle his nosy and bossy sister. All the while savoring the feeling of holding Mino’s hand in his again after so long…

~~~~~~~~~~

Hihi! chapter 1 is up... i hope that you will enjoy this! as usual, no silent readers please!