Chapter 4

The Affair

On the side of the road facing Seunghyun’s restaurant, two familiar figures huddled inside a black BMW and watched the scene in front of them unfold.

“Seriously, I wonder why we have such an ace timing. Yah! Stop squishing me just so you can have a closer look! Switch to the back if you are such a curious busybody.” Seunghoon whacked the figure that was pressing on his back.

“Like as if you are not interested in what is taking place right now.” Seungyoon rolled his eyes but did not make a move to get off from his friend.

“So that is why maknae went off the radar. He wants to have a date with dumb Mino. Seriously, maknae can do with so much better. Why him?!? I don’t get it…”

“He could be ing him and I would not have batted an eye. Seriously, what are you his mother? I am sure Mrs. Nam was not even so hands on… Like ever…” Seunghoon rolled his eyes heavenwards.

Suddenly, the back passenger door open and the two guys almost screamed in fright but only to bit it back when they saw who it was that entered the car.

“What are you doing here?” the twin Seungs asked with perfect synchronization.

“I should be asking you the same question. Stop looking like a bunch of scared cats, if you do not want random strangers to get in the car then please lock the doors.” Jinwoo rolled his eyes.

“Seunghoon hyung has a craving for Korean food and so here we are but maknae is inside with public enemy number one.” Seungyoon supplied which had Jinwoo scrambling closer so he too could get a closer look.

“Isn’t this so cute that all of us seem to have telepathy to all gather here, it must be fate. I wished I can hear what they are saying though because Mino looked shocked and is strangely acting like a goldfish.” Jinwoo sighed as he watched on.

“No idea, why don’t we go in instead of just huddling here?” Seunghoon suggested.

“My thoughts exactly. Yah, Seungyoon-ah are you sure you are not stalking the maknae. I mean if you are then this is a whole new level of overprotectiveness.” Jinwoo commented as he grabbed his bag.

“No, it was purely coincidental. I won’t even be here if not for Seunghoon hyung. I was planning to have my favorite nasi goreng. “

The three nosy guys then scrambled out of the car and headed into the restaurant. However, not wanting to scare their maknae off they sneaked discreetly to one of the tables further away but still able to observe the two people.

“Do you think they saw us?” Seungyoon asked trying not to be too obvious that they were staring.

“We were being discreet how would they notice us. I think Mino is too busy staring at maknae to even notice anything else.” Jinwoo rolled his eyes before turning his attention back to the menu.

“I cannot believe we are meddling even on maknae’s free day.” Seunghoon shook his head sadly.

“Yah, who was the one who wanted to come here to eat? If you did not mind nasi goreng we won’t even be here in the first place.”

“So are we ready to order or are we still in the midst of bickering?” Jinwoo asked obviously irritated with the two.

And that was that...

~~~~~~~~~~

At the other side of the restaurant, the two guys could not help but to laugh at the table where Taehyun’s friends were sitting at the moment.

“I cannot believe they are stalking me on a Saturday and on my day off. Their timing is impeccable as usual. It is like all of us decided to come here.” Taehyun muttered who was more amused than irritated at the situation.

“Or it could be purely coincidental that they met and are all here. Either way, I am impressed.”

“They must think I am out on a date.”

“You mean we are not?” Mino asked and could not help but to be surprised.

“Oh so this is a date?” Taehyun was genuinely surprised but at the same time could help himself from teasing the older guy especially seeing the look on Mino’s face.

“Fine, if you say so.” Mino pouted as he shoved more food into his mouth causing the younger guy to laugh.

“Let’s just call this a date then since we just agreed to have an affair. We should give them something to be shocked about.” Taehyun suggested as he sneaked a glance where his beat friends sat.

“What do you suggest?” Mino was interested and his mood could not but to be lifted immediately when Taehyun mentioned that they were indeed on a date.

“Nothing much but we should act like how normal couples do. Like be naturally affectionate with each other.” Taehyun shrugged.

“Really? So I can do this?” Mino confirmed again before reaching to brush his fingers against Taehyun’s cheeks causing the younger guy to turn red almost immediately.

“Ermm… Y-Yes…” Taehyun could not help but to stutter much to Mino’s delight.

From a distance, the both guys could see three pairs of eyeballs were almost going to bulge out of their respective sockets. Deciding to shock his friends more, the two of them indulged in more affectionate banters to point where they were bordering on being vomit-inducing.

~~~~~~~~~~

“Oh god my eyes! It burns!  I need to wash my eyes.” Seunghoon moaned as he saw the action from a particular table.

“I think I have seen enough PDA for the rest of my life.” Jinwoo shook his head in disgust.

“I think is a better option to just bleach our eyes. I think is more effective and it will be cleaner too.”

“Oh they are sharing a drink using the same straw. What now? An indirect kiss? What are they? Twelve year olds who do not know any better?” Seunghoon muttered exasperatedly.

“For sanity sake, we have two options. First, is to just go over to their table. I have a feeling they are pulling our legs. Maknae is smart so I think our cover is blown. Second option would be to sit through it as though we are not affected.” Jinwoo deduced.

“I opt for sitting down and do nothing since it has been a while already.” Seunghoon replied.

“We can just go because like Jinwoo, I think our cover has been blown since the moment we walked in.”

It was as though the two guys in question decided to make the decision for them because they got up and headed to the counter to chat with Seunghyun hyung while settling their bill before they headed out of the restaurant.

“Well, that was easy.” Seunghoon muttered as they watched their maknae and Mino leaving the restaurant together.

“How was that easy? They took the decision out of our hands. Should we go after them?”

“We can always grill the maknae later. Let’s just enjoy our food in peace Seungyoon-ah.” Jinwoo commented before he began to dig in properly into his food.

~~~~~~~~~~

“So you both finally had the time to come visit the restaurant. Jiyong missed you both especially Taehyunie since you are finally back in Korea for good.” Seunghyun commented as both of them came to settle the bill.

“I have been busy with the company hyung. I have the free day today so the first thing I did was to head over here.” Taehyun answered easily.

“Aish! Cousin needs to stop being such a slave driver.” Seunghyun muttered exasperatedly.

“Go tell her. Noona only listens to you fully, not even Changmin hyung could ever pull off that.” Taehyun laughed as he thought about his sister.

“Damn right I will… be sure to visit again when Jiyong is around. He would love to see you.”

“I will.”

“On another note, as much as I am glad to see you both together. Hurt him one more time and I am not going to forgive you, Mino-ah.” Seunghyun threatened.

“Seriously, I can handle the state of my affairs. I am 24 not a bloody eight year old who should have known better.”

“Okay I get it. There is no need to get your underwear all bunched up Taehyun-ah. I am just looking out for you like a close cousin should.” Seunghyun answered putting his hands up in defense.

“I am fine, Cousin…” Taehyun muttered emphasizing on the last word.

“I will treasure the chance again.” Mino declared without a moment of hesitation, making the younger guy turned a light shade of pink.

Once Taehyun and Mino were out from the three’s line of vision, they immediately burst out laughing all the way until they reached the younger guy’s car. It was hard to contain their laughter since the look on the three’s faces were too funny to be true.

“Oh god we should have recorded their expressions. My stomach had never ever hurt so much from all the laughter I was trying to hold in.” Mino said once he got in into the passenger side of the car.

“I know right! Our little act pulled off so well that ought to show them they should stop being such meddling old men.” Taehyun agreed.

“Well, I must admit it was a very enjoyable lunch.” Mino mumbled but in his mind all he thought of was the second part of the meal. All thanks to the three who walked in.

“Before I forget, I should pay you my share of the meal for just now.” Taehyun said as he began to fumble for his wallet.

“It is okay Taehyun-ah. You can always get the next one.”

“No you should not always have to pay whenever we go out. Aish! You never change.” Taehyun insisted.

Mino reached over in the attempt to still the younger guy’s movement but Taehyun kept mumbling and fidgeting that the older was glad because he got to lean over to place lips on the younger’s, stilling his movements immediately.

They stayed like that for a few moments without moving before Mino reluctantly broke the contact with another small peck on Taehyun’s lips.

“Just say thank you, Taehyun-ah.” Mino muttered softly to the still-stunned Taehyun.

“T-Thank you…” Taehyun all but managed to stutter a soft reply.

“I promise I will let you get the next one. Now let’s go to the music store.” Mino smiled before reaching over to help Taehyun buckle his seat belt since the younger guy had not quite gotten back the control of his mind.

“Okay… Right… The music store…” Taehyun mumbled as he started the engine.

All throughout the journey, Mino was looking out from his window as though the scenery was much more interesting while the driver only stared ahead blankly yet his face was still tinged with a light shade of pink.

~~~~~~~~~~

In the end Taehyun called it a day for Mino much earlier than the rapper would have liked. After all, it had been a while since he went out on a date with Taehyun but the younger guy obviously saw the situation rather differently. He kept insisting that Mino needed to have a proper sleep when he actually have the chance to so Taehyun promptly sent Mino home after he got whatever he needed from the music store.

As they went back to their respective real lives, Mino and Taehyun kept in constant contact daily mostly trough texting. From just simple Hi and Byes, to briefly summarized texts or even flirty exchanges whenever they both had the same pockets of free time.

Taehyun : Have you heard the news yet?”

Mino : What news? What do you know that I don’t?

Taehyun : oh well… Find out later then…

Mino : Yah! What is it? Tell me… T_T

Mino : You there?

Mino : Taehyun-ah!!

Mino : Are you seriously not going to reply my messages?

Mino :  You are such a cold person Nam Taehyun… zzz

Taehyun : No I am not! Take that back! Hpmh!

Mino : Finally a reply. Tell me! T_T… please… please… pretty please?

Taehyun : You will know later… I am not ruining the surprise element to it…

“Aish! Nam Taehyun!” Mino could not help but to grumble but his curiosity was perked up. He was dying to know what the news was. The younger could be so tight lipped once he made up his mind. Mino could not help but to sigh once more.

They were resting in the dorm when their manager came over with new for the group that they have been chosen to endorse for a new clothing line. Mino’s eyes nearly bulged when their manager told him the name of the brand but almost immediately broke out into a smile.

Mino : I finally heard from our manager hyung what the news was… ^^ I cannot believe we are chosen to endorse the new line for your company… How cool is that?!

Taehyun : Well, given the popularity of your group, it was a good choice. It did help that most of the female members of my team are fans of you three…

Mino : Noona was agreeable? O.o

Taehyun : This new line is my baby so I call the shots… She might get pissed but it is not like she gets to do anything about it since we have already signed the contract and it will benefit the company that is most important…

Mino : SO… It looks like we will be working with you and your company for a year… ^^

Taehyun : Yes it seems to be the case… Anyway, we have agreed to have the group do a photo shoot for our upcoming coming spring/summer collection first then after that sponsoring the clothes for the group’s new music video…

Mino : That sounds like it is going to be fun…^^

Taehyun : It is good that we managed to get a deal with your management company. You three are the up and rising idols in the entertainment industry…

Mino : I missed you Taehyun-ah…

Taehyun : I know…

Mino smiled at the younger guy’s reply. Taehyun had always been rather introverted and pretty much not used to being affectionate with people. Not that he was haughty but it was just he is not good at dealing with people in general. However, once he does get close to one person, Taehyun pretty much treasures the person more than he would ever express in words. It was something that Mino found endearing even until now.

As Mino leaned back on his bed, he could not help but to think back to the time when he met Taehyun or more correctly started to notice Nam Taehyun…

~~~~~~~~~~

Please don't kill me for the cliffy! Their back story will come in the next chapter... I promise... thank you for all the view and lovely comments... i really appreciate them... do let me know if you think there are area for improvement! Happy Mid Autumn to my readers! 

See you on the next update!