Take Nine

Unscripted Love [Editing]

Taeyeon was now sitting across from her enemy, Tiffany Hwang.

 

After getting a full eight hours of sleep, she realized how stupid she was for agreeing to this date. Tiffany had taken advantage of her since she was sleep-deprived, stressed, and guilt-tripped.

 

However, on the day of their supposed date, Taeyeon did everything she could to get out of it. There was no way Taeyeon was going on this date without a fight.

 

Taeyeon let out a cough. “I think I caught the flu.”

 

“Aw, really?” Tiffany lets out what Taeyeon believes to be a disheartened sigh, she wasn’t completely sure, since she was too busy playing a video game.

 

“Yeah,” Taeyeon mindlessly replies. She was so close to defeating the boss when Yuri suddenly entered the room.

 

“What are you doing playing video games? Don’t you have to get ready for your date with Tiffany?”

 

“Wait, was that Yuri talking? Taeyeon, you’re playing video games right now?”

 

.

 

“Goddammit.” Taeyeon mumbles with the controller pressed against her cheek. Not only did she lose at the game but Yuri and her big mouth just indirectly called her out on her lie.

 

“I guess I’ll see you at two sharp since you’ve miraculously healed.” Tiffany’s clipped tone told Taeyeon that her lie has been seen.

 

“Wonderful.” Taeyeon silently throws death glares at her stupid manager.

 

*

 

“Hey, you. Over here.”

 

“M-Me?” The slightly older-looking boy cautiously makes his way to Taeyeon, who was dressed in full black attire with a mask covering everything but her eyes.

 

“Do you want to make a quick hundred bucks?” Taeyeon presents the boy with the cash.

 

He rubs his chin thoughtfully. “Keep talking.”

 

“I want you to go to the house that’s across the street and unleash this box of crickets and beetles in front of the door. When you’re done, meet me here and I’ll pay you.”

 

“Got it.” The boy grabbed the box of bugs before dashing over to Tiffany’s house.

 

If Tiffany tries to leave the house, she’ll be in a world of shock. There’s no way Tiffany would be able to leave the house with a bug barrier in front of her.

 

Once the deed was done, Taeyeon patiently waited in a corner to watch the event unfold. She witnessed Tiffany screaming when the girl opened the door. Taeyeon expected that much, but what she didn’t expect was for Jessica to appear a few seconds later with a broom and an exterminator looking suit on as she swept the bugs away.

 

“Damn it.” Taeyeon uttered disappointedly as she regretted not considering Jessica in her plan.

 

***

 

“What would you like to eat? It’s my treat.” Tiffany asked as she stared at her own menu, “I hear the food here is really good.” She gushed with her eyes sparkling at the menu.

 

“Anything.” Taeyeon responded indifferently.

 

“How about a burger?”

 

“Sure.” Taeyeon flicked her wrist as she stared absently at the other customers.

 

“Do you want dessert after? They have fudge brownies with ice cream.” Tiffany read off the menu, hoping to get a reaction from the latter, but Taeyeon replied with a “Nah.”

 

Once Tiffany ordered their food, the atmosphere was filled with awkward silence.

 

“Um, Taeyeonie?” Tiffany tried once again to get the girl’s attention but Taeyeon continued to focus on playing with her napkin. “Why don’t we play a game?”

 

Game? Taeyeon’s lip twitched by itself, so she strengthened her mask of indifference in case she gave herself away. The plan was to be bored and cold during the date. She can’t allow herself to let Tiffany know that she was interested in whatever game Tiffany had in mind.

 

“Two truths, one lie. I’ll tell you two things that are true and one lie. You’ll have to find out which is the lie.” Tiffany clamped her hands together, secretly grinning at Taeyeon who seemed to be battling internally with herself.

 

Don’t care, don’t look interested, stop with the lip-twitching!

 

“One: I like pink. Two: I hate bugs. Three: This is my first date. Ever.”

 

Everything in Tiffany’s trailer, the last time that Taeyeon was there, was filled with pink. She remembered that Tiffany once screamed and teared up on set because a cricket hopped past her. That meant the lie could only be one thing. Before she could stop herself, opened to say, “The lie is that this is your first date.”

 

Tiffany shook her head with a shy smile. “Nope. That’s a truth. The lie is I like pink. I actually love pink.” She burst with laughter.

 

Taeyeon couldn’t even call Tiffany a cheater for her being all technical with her wording because her cheeks suddenly grew hot. I’m your first date?

 

“Now your turn.”

 

“If I had a dog, I’d name it Ginger. I hate K-pop and I definitely don’t jam to songs like, ‘I Just Wanna Dance,’ ‘Fly,’ and ‘I’ when I’m alone in my room. On our drama poster, I was the one that drew a hat and mustache on your face.”

 

“It was you?! Jessica wouldn’t stop calling me The Monopoly Guy for a week.” Tiffany narrowed her eyes at Taeyeon.

 

“How do you know that’s not the lie?” Taeyeon tried to look serious but she ended up laughing at Tiffany’s silently fuming face.

 

“I hate you.” Tiffany muttered cutely under her breath.

 

Not long after, Taeyeon’s mask of indifference crumbled.

 

Even after they played some more Two Truths, One Lie, ate and stole food from each other’s plates, and ordered that delicious fudge brownie with ice cream, never once did Taeyeon’s thoughts barge in with, ‘Oh hey, you’re out on a date with Tiffany, and you’re actually enjoying it, which is not crazy at all’ or ‘Wake the eff up, you stupid potato! You’re out with the enemy! She can’t be trusted!’

 

“Thanks for walking me home.”

 

“Y-Yeah.” Taeyeon scratched the back of her neck.

 

What the hell? Why was she acting shy all of a sudden? Didn’t she just eat, why does her stomach feel funny?

 

“I should go inside now.” Tiffany smiled softly at Taeyeon before turning the doorknob.

 

Before Tiffany could step inside, Taeyeon was already grabbing the girl’s hand just as her brain was beginning to register her own actions. “Wait.”

 

“Yes?”

 

Taeyeon chewed on her bottom lip. “Two truths, one lie,” Taeyeon practically breathed out. “I love jelly. I hate watching horror movies.” Taeyeon suddenly found herself taking a hesitant step towards Tiffany. This was crazy. She’s going insane, wasn’t she? This wasn't really happening, was it? The her from this morning would not be saying this. “I really want to kiss you right now.”

 

And this time, she couldn't even blame it on sleep deprivation!

 

“I…” Tiffany’s mouth falls open before closing, then opens and closes again. “I can’t tell what’s the lie.”

 

“I can show you which one’s the truth.” Taeyeon offered as she leaned a bit closer.

 

Just as their lips were about to touch, Tiffany moved away with wary eyes. “Are you serious? D-Do you want to kiss me, Taeyeonie?”

 

Taeyeonie. Taeyeon’s lips unconsciously curve upwards. Oh god, she was the possessed one.

 

“Is this your way of saying that you like me?”

 

No, yes, no, yes. No, because she should be the enemy. Yes, because this side of Tiffany was starting to grow on her, and she found herself feeling fuzzy each time she looked at Tiffany.

 

“I think so?” Taeyeon’s eyebrow knitted together because hearing her own words actually surprised and frightened her a little. “Yes. Yes, I like you.”

 

I like you. Taeyeon liked Tiffany? Does her tummy still feel weird? Taeyeon thought as she pressed her hand against her stomach. Yep, Taeyeon liked Tiffany.

 

“I see.” Tiffany took two steps back and gently pulled away from Taeyeon’s grasp. “Two truths, one lie. I like you too. I did all of this to get back at you for the things you said to Yuri outside of the restroom. I never liked you. What’s the lie, Taeyeonie?”

 

A smug grin was the last Taeyeon saw of Tiffany before the girl calmly shut the door in her face.


 

Wow, I actually updated this story lol. xD Are there any readers still here? I'm sorry for taking so long to update. Besides writer's block, I wasn't really sure what direction to go with this story.

Anyways, please subscribe and comment :D and thanks for voting: BigGirlDontCry_143, hrmmm2, yuyuri, Maica9, Verbal-Crack, soshima, ChibbyBaby, GiovanaYT, Coleeee, Kwons-, kiddykiddo, salutdee, iam309, melinsanchez, corrupted126, PANICMOON, c_castro